Star Trek Online - My Science Officer, Thaal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
    No space battling in Star Trek Online? And I'm not sure how "moving on a flat plane vertically" is supposed to work...
    There is a lot of space battling, I'd actually say that's 60% of the gameplay. As for the flat plane, it's hard to explain, but I'll try, basically, you can't turn your ship over or fly straight up or down, everyone's ship is oriented the same direction.

Comment

Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
      There is a lot of space battling, I'd actually say that's 60% of the gameplay. As for the flat plane, it's hard to explain, but I'll try, basically, you can't turn your ship over or fly straight up or down, everyone's ship is oriented the same direction.
      I think I see what you mean... so it's true flight, you just can't sort of curve any which way?

That brings up a good point, though. It's always struck me as odd on Star Trek shows that all starships ever, always are oriented exactly the same on exactly the same axis.

Like, you never see ships coming up slightly cock-eyed to the right or left, you know? Which would have to happen. There is no "rightside up" in space.

Comment

I think I see what you mean... so it's true flight, you just can't sort of curve any which way?

That brings up a good point, though. It's always struck me as odd on Star Trek shows that all starships ever, always are oriented exactly the same on exactly the same axis.

Like, you never see ships coming up slightly cock-eyed to the right or left, you know? Which would have to happen. There is no "rightside up" in space.
        Which is why I said that it still feels like Star Trek :P

Comment

Here's some screenshots:

Comment

That is pretty spot on.

Comment

Now that's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                TOR is going to be even more "single player" than this... so if you think STO is lacking in player teamwork and interaction, TOR will be a huge disappointment.
                Well, we don't know absolutely everything about the game yet like we do with STO. The release version anyway. I have all kinds of different expectations for TOR, compared to Star Trek Online.

Awesome Sinestro btw.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                  Well, we don't know absolutely everything about the game yet like we do with STO. The release version anyway. I have all kinds of different expectations for TOR, compared to Star Trek Online.

Awesome Sinestro btw.
                  As someone who played SWG when it released, and loved it, and realize that the introduction of Jedi is what lead to that game's ultimate downfall, I have nothing but utter disdain for TOR (also, I've never really enjoyed any of the Old Republic games, I'm probably the only person who didn't think they felt like Star Wars)

Comment

cool beans.
                    The game looks good.

I loved Star Wars Galaxies until Lusasarts crapped it up. I hope Star Trek online has a better community.
                    "Don't disturb my circles."

Comment

No space battling in Star Trek Online? And I'm not sure how "moving on a flat plane vertically" is supposed to work...
                      I was on Open Beta for the past two weeks as well; great experience, I havent played MMOs since WoW got boring and SWG had meunstral cramps and died.

Really fun MMO, the missions are good. Preferring the space battles over the ground missions, I can say the space battles are great. About the "moving on a flat plane thing..." you actually get to fly however you want in space...BUT there are in fact ceilings to how high or low you can go vertically (its not truly 360 degrees, etc) but its good enough, and it keeps everyone in the same playing field. So you can fly above or below someone, but you can't do a loop-de-loop over or under them, etc.

Will definitely play at launch, I got the digital download to play Beta, so they got me hooked until TOR comes out; them I'm outie 5000 (being over 30 and having a full time job and kids makes my only time to play late at night...and I can't pull the 2-3 hours of sleep like I could when I was younger, lol, so one MMO at a time for me)

I recommend it to everyone, a good Star Trek game, and a solid MMO, should be good fun for a while

Comment

Working...
                      X