No announcement yet.

Mosaic revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would try to help but my source (Comic Chronicles) didn't track monthly until 1995.

Comment

Mosaic is a great series (including the the four parter that ran in Green Lantern), but I think its time has come and gone. I don't see how a revival could possibly be a good idea, but I'd be giddy to see the series acknowledged. For example, maybe if/when John returns to Earth (he hasn't been there at all to my knowledge since Green Lantern Corps #1), the only person aside from his mom he can think to see is Rose Hardin.

Speaking of Rose... man. I love Katma, but I felt Rose really got the short end of the stick at the end of Mosaic. I personally asked Gerard Jones about that and he agreed, but said it was due to him having to wrap up the series sooner than he wanted. The book was selling good, and he pushed for 25 issues to finish up, and I think Kevin Dooley even supported him on that, but the higher ups weren't having it and told him to wrap up his story by issue #18.
      ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
        Mosaic is a great series (including the the four parter that ran in Green Lantern), but I think its time has come and gone. I don't see how a revival could possibly be a good idea, but I'd be giddy to see the series acknowledged. For example, maybe if/when John returns to Earth (he hasn't been there at all to my knowledge since Green Lantern Corps #1), the only person aside from his mom he can think to see is Rose Hardin.

Speaking of Rose... man. I love Katma, but I felt Rose really got the short end of the stick at the end of Mosaic. I personally asked Gerard Jones about that and he agreed, but said it was due to him having to wrap up the series sooner than he wanted. The book was selling good, and he pushed for 25 issues to finish up, and I think Kevin Dooley even supported him on that, but the higher ups weren't having it and told him to wrap up his story by issue #18.
        If I ever get the chance to do this, Rose will be a major player. And don't worry about the potential for stories. With 3,600 cities from different worlds PERMANENTLY relocated to OA, there will be more stories than can ever be told.

Comment

I've still only collected the first eight issues and due to my hard-headedness I refuse to read them until I have the complete tale. I think its a great concept though and a neat way to showcase John, based on my limited experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
            If I ever get the chance to do this, Rose will be a major player. And don't worry about the potential for stories. With 3,600 cities from different worlds PERMANENTLY relocated to OA, there will be more stories than can ever be told.
            It's not the potential for stories, it's that I can't imagine why something like the Mosaic situation would ever happen again without the writing just being totally bizarre. And for Rose to get caught up in it again!? Why would any of that happen?

For Mosaic to work, the cities need to be involuntarily put on Oa. How would that happen? Why would the Guardians not move the cities back where they're supposed to go (they already got results from one Mosaic experiment)? Why would this involve Rose Hardin for a second time? Also, what's the point of involving Rose without John? She's a great character on her own, but one of the things that made her work so well was she made up for where John lacked. Rose was simple. John was complicated. Rose was a doer. John was a thinker. And so on...

I love Mosaic to bits, but I just can't possibly fathom how reviving it (without John Stewart, at that) could be any good at this juncture. It wouldn't even work well with John. John isn't in the same place emotionally or psychologically as he was during Mosaic, and those factors contributed hugely to the distinct flavor of the series.
            Star-Lantern
            Weaponer of Qward
            Last edited by Star-Lantern; 03-15-2015, 05:27 AM.
            ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
              It's not the potential for stories, it's that I can't imagine why something like the Mosaic situation would ever happen again without the writing just being totally bizarre. And for Rose to get caught up in it again!? Why would any of that happen?

For Mosaic to work, the cities need to be involuntarily put on Oa. How would that happen? Why would the Guardians not move the cities back where they're supposed to go (they already got results from one Mosaic experiment)? Why would this involve Rose Hardin for a second time? Also, what's the point of involving Rose without John? She's a great character on her own, but one of the things that made her work so well was she made up for where John lacked. Rose was simple. John was complicated. Rose was a doer. John was a thinker. And so on...

I love Mosaic to bits, but I just can't possibly fathom how reviving it (without John Stewart, at that) could be any good at this juncture. It wouldn't even work well with John. John isn't in the same place emotionally or psychologically as he was during Mosaic, and those factors contributed hugely to the distinct flavor of the series.
              I'm talking about a reboot. Yes, I have a way the cities can be moved and not moved back. The Guardians, properly written. would be inactive in the material universe, but one of them, who dropped out before their ascension, is a renegade. And the GLC enforces laws and prevents the extinction of civilizations. Nothing else.

I didn't say who the star would be, but check out my logline, which is posted in the Fan Works forum. It 's going to be a better thought-out and more realistic depiction of such an epochal event. Believe me, this is a piece of cake to make work.

Mosaic #1: The Old Timer permanently moves cities from every space sector to Oa, and Hal and John are forced to work with the murderous Sinestro to quell the chaos, stop the Old Timer and find a Green Lantern for Oa.

Comment

This thread belongs in the fanfic area.

Comment

Working...
                X