Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geoff Johns to "reinvent" the mythology for GLC movie

https://www.cbr.com/johns-reinvent-green-lantern-dc/

“I’m going to be hopefully delivering a script that Warner loves and DC likes and they want to make it,” Johns concluded, adding it’s “going to celebrate the mythology and reinvent it in a different way.”

In other words, it's almost 2019 and there's still no script and even if there is, maybe WB just passes on it. This is quite a promotion for Johns, all right.

So now he wants to completely reinvent what he spent 10 years Geoffconning down to the smallest detail. No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
      So now he wants to completely reinvent what he spent 10 years Geoffconning down to the smallest detail. No thanks.

Yeah. Hard pass.

Comment

Can you imagine what he'd do if he had a blank check with a GLC movie?

It would be all about the emotional spectrum, the "greatest" Green Lantern Sinestro, the evil Guardians, and Baz and Cruz.

In other words, it would be all about HIS stuff...

Comment

It would be all about the emotional spectrum, the "greatest" Green Lantern Sinestro, the evil Guardians, and Baz and Cruz.

The equivilant to a booker putting the strap on himself in wrestling

Comment

I'm just a little bit stuck on... mm-kay, Geoff Johns simultaneously "steps down" as both CCO and DC Entertainment president for the big opportunity to... eh, write a draft of "Green Lantern Corps" for WB that they have no obligation to humor?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
              I'm just a little bit stuck on... mm-kay, Geoff Johns simultaneously "steps down" as both CCO and DC Entertainment president for the big opportunity to... eh, write a draft of "Green Lantern Corps" for WB that they have no obligation to humor?
              In Hollywood, this is the classic protocol for a firing. You say someone left on his own to pursue another opportunity.

And remember, this is the second demotion for Johns. A few months ago he became an "adviser" rather than a producer. The difference is that nobody has to do what an adviser says.

I said on CBR at the time that the GLC movie was just a unicorn they had sent him to hunt.

Comment

I don't have any evidence for this, just intuition, but it seems to me that the higher-ups might have watched the rushes for Aquaman and Shazam, and gotten worried.

Comment

Coincidentally, the stuff that would earn him royalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                    Coincidentally, the stuff that would earn him royalties.
                    Thats become a big thing with Johns. He always has had A list artists. The same one for most if not all of an arc for consistency in a tpb which helps sales. He filled GL with characters and concepta he created which also helps with those royalties. He knew how to set himself up well, which is a luxury other writers never have.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                      Thats become a big thing with Johns. He always has had A list artists. The same one for most if not all of an arc for consistency in a tpb which helps sales. He filled GL with characters and concepta he created which also helps with those royalties. He knew how to set himself up well, which is a luxury other writers never have.
                      Correct. He's always hidden behind A list artists. And even during his "departure" from writing GL books... who's to say he wasn't sitting back putting the kibosh on any storylines being pitched except ones that tied into his rainbow stuff?

Comment

I would much rather see Ron Marz take a shot at the script.
                        Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

Hell, yeah.

Comment

God No. His vision of GL was already in movie form. Its been joke material in Deadpool ever since.

Fuck off Johns. You were never that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

https://www.cbr.com/johns-reinvent-green-lantern-dc/

“I’m going to be hopefully delivering a script that Warner loves and DC likes and they want to make it,” Johns concluded, adding it’s “going to celebrate the mythology and reinvent it in a different way.”

In other words, it's almost 2019 and there's still no script and even if there is, maybe WB just passes on it. This is quite a promotion for Johns, all right.
                              As an aside I never realized that Johns has such a punchable face.

Comment

Working...
                              X