This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    yea i agree it should be seperate from the film. what they should do for the first episode is secrect orgins of hal than build it up from there. kinda make the toon itself a continuity like a comic mini
    That would be perfect...Introduce Atrocitus then leave him alone until they do Rage of the Red Lanterns....

Comment

sucks that we have to wait so damn long....

Comment

Originally posted by Weed Lantern View Post
        That would be perfect...Introduce Atrocitus then leave him alone until they do Rage of the Red Lanterns....

rage of red lanterns would be nice but first we needs sinestro corp war
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Awesome.......

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
            I've always said GLC would look best if it were fashioned like Ghost in the Shell.
            GitS:SAC yes. Late eighties-Ninties version, no.

Anyway, ANY GL TV series would rock.

Comment

This is an awesome news and I hope it's true. I would love to see a series based on the entire Corps and not particularly on just one Lantern. However, if they do focus on a particular Lantern, I would love for it to be Hal of course. I think that they should at least include a short 15 minute segment attached to the end of each episode entitled "Tales of the Green Lantern Corps". Each segment is done to highlight a member of the Corp and tell a brief tale from that Lantern's history, and should also focuse The Book of Oa.

Leonidas:

The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, that even a god-king can bleed.

Comment

Originally posted by SmurfLantern View Post
                I think that they should at least include a short 15 minute segment attached to the end of each episode entitled "Tales of the Green Lantern Corps". Each segment is done to highlight a member of the Corp and tell a brief tale from that Lantern's history, and should also focuse The Book of Oa.

Now that is a great idea!

Comment

A "short 15 minute segment?" That's half the episode. I like how "Batman: Brave and the Bold" have that mini-adventure before the opening to introduce a character and quickly put down a threat. I'd rather new corps members be introduced in each episode this way. They could of course be featured later on in larger stories, but then we'd already have met them and have gotten an idea of who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                    Yo.

Im hoping they dont make it about any particular Lanterns either........
                    Tazer
                    If the movie is successful, it will be tied-in to Hal as a corporate decision. If the movie flops, then it's open.

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                    yea we really need a gl toon out on tv. im all for it if it gets green lit
                    *green lit* - HA! Good one!

Comment

One story that I would love to see told is from Tales of the Green Lantern Corps Annual #3. Katma Tui is sent to the Obsidian Deeps in order to recruit a new Green lantern to protect that part of space. A section of space that is completely devoid of light. She comes across a being named Rot Lop Fan, who was completely blind and had no concept of light and color. Realizing that his species operates by hearing, Katma reshapes the power ring from a lantern into a bell, and describes the Green Lantern Corps as the "F-Sharp Bell Corps"- "F-Sharp" being a reassuring note for Rot Lop Fan's race in the same manner that green is a reassuring color, and the ring's powers in terms of sound instead of light. She also composes a new oath for him to recite.

In loudest din or hush profound

my ears hear evil's slightest sound

let those who toll out evil's knell

beware my power, the F-Sharp Bell!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F_Sharp_Bell#Rot_Lop_Fan

The concept of recruiting sightless beings and asking them to understand the concept of light and colors was pure genius.

Leonidas:

The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, that even a god-king can bleed.

Comment

Yes - that was a great one! I imagine a version of "Mogo Doesn't Socialize" would be another great one to see animated!

Comment

GREEN LANTERN Animated Series is NOT a spinoff; Will feature Red Lanterns?!

Jim Krieg is the story editor for Warner Bros. Animation's upcoming Green Lantern animated series, The Continuum has learned.

Krieg recently wrote the Firebreather animated movie for Cartoon Network. His genre credits also include Batman: The Brave and the Bold, The Super Hero Squad Show and Fox's Spider-Man and X-Men series.

The series is the first computer-generated animated series featuring DC Universe characters. It will focus on Hal Jordan, Kilowog and a Red Lantern. It will not be canon for the live-action movie franchise.

It's likely the new Batman series to follow Batman: The Brave and the Bold will also be computer-generated.
                          via ComicsContinuum

Comment

Sounds good to me

Comment

For the love of all things Holy, can we keep the other spectrum lanterns out of this

Comment

Sounds Atrocious to me

happy that its not a spin-off though.

Comment

Working...
                                X