James Wan For GLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Wan For GLC

If Aquaman does good should WB try and get this guy on another other worldly film?

I think Aquaman looks great. A lot better than I thought it would be. And if this director is any kind of comic fan and actually puts the pieces together to make a game changer for WB/DC... then I say give him GLC. Snyder did more than just Superman, so it's not out of the question that a guy like Wan could have more influence in the future of DC films. He's already producing the Swamp Thing series for the DCU streaming service [and hopefully directing at least an episode or two] so maybe there's more DC material he'd be game to tackle.

The more I see the Aquaman trailer the more I like it. I just watched it again this afternoon. Other than Mamoa playing Aquaman, everything in that trailer is perfect. I'm trying to make peace with the casting so I can let myself enjoy this movie as much as I can. as for the GLC movie, if Aquaman comes out great then sure. WB is going to have to start making decisions very soon if the GLC movie is going to happen by the date they claim it will.

Comment

Well let's see the track record of DCEU trailers...

Man of Steel. AMAZING trailers! And I actually mostly... greatly liked the movie. Couple of small gripes, but totally dug it.

BvS. Super compelling trailers. So-so movie bordering on... not so much BAD, but... a series of... strange choices?

Suicide Squad. Engaging trailers, I was interested in seeing the movie after seeing them. Movie was... eh, less of a movie and more of a music video.

Wonder Woman. Average trailers. Didn't make me want to see it or not see it. Yet the movie was very good!

JL. TERRIBLE trailers, like embarrassing. And the movie was TERRIBLE.

I guess that means the data doesn't really tell us much. I do know that the Aquaman trailer as-is looks very, very busy... and that worries me.

Comment

I think giving one single director too much power landed DC in this mess to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
          I think giving one single director too much power landed DC in this mess to begin with.
          Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
            DC has focused on directors and stars, and Marvel has focused on stories. The results are clear.

Comment

Working...
            X