The Green Lantern #12 Preview
    Writer: Grant Morrison
    Artist: Liam Sharp

0.00%
    0.00%
    60.00%
    20.00%
    20.00%

How many chances do we really need to give Morrison before we admit the ship has sank?
    Tell me you hate your boyfriend and love me.

INVISIBLE SKY DADDY TO THE RESCUE!!!

You don't have to be stupid to believe in God. But it helps.

You can tell a Yorkshireman....but you can't tell him much.

Comment

Fantastic comic!

Comment

Jeeze, the way Hal bludgeoned his Qwa self to death and as bloody as he did... I wonder if Morrison is up to something here? i.e., a Hal Jordan return to being "evil," down the line?

Comment

I loved the scorpedoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
            Jeeze, the way Hal bludgeoned his Qwa self to death and as bloody as he did... I wonder if Morrison is up to something here? i.e., a Hal Jordan return to being "evil," down the line?
            I didn't see that at all! I saw a man who would not give up and would keep fighting until the fight was done, regardless of how much he was close to death. I thought Morrison did a good job conveying the intensity of that sequence, with everything on the line and especially when Hal realized that something was wrong. Also, totally in keeping with Hal's character, it's really a "gut feeling" that first tells him something isn't right with the situation. And Hal's gut is almost never wrong.

Mu's plan coming to fruition here makes me want to re-read the series to see just how much Morrison laid this out for us - especially the Durlan and her role in all this.

Comment

I found #12 confusing. Even with the multiverse cameos, it was unsatisfying at the end. Like telling Hal "he" was the final component of the ultimate weapon on the last page. Huh? I didn't think this was paraphrasing the Messiah Stone/Dark Messiah novels.

I generally find it annoying when a comic NOT on Earth and NOT one of the bigger mainstream anchors tries to say "This will destroy the universe!" Oh really? Then let's see Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman et al involved too. At least JLA Odyssey had the decency of putting the hidden worlds in their own bubble universe separate from the main universe. That might have worked, but no, we've got to have a Controller smarter than all the Guardians combined (and possessing multiple bodies to boot) to be the Big Bad (working for the better good) here.

The last page's "Wait until 2020!" is the final insult at the end.

Comment

I kind of just want Morrison to try and build up Hal's personal life. I don't want "Final Crisis: The Ongoing Series."

Comment

I liked this one, I found the entire run confusing but now I will go back and look for clues to the bad guys scheme!

Question: What is the reading order? Blackstars #1 next, or Annual #1 next?

Comment

The annual is self contained enough that it doesn't really matter if I'm remembering correctly but technically it came out between issues #9 and #10 so it would slot in before Blackstars.

Comment

Working...
                    X