The UFC/MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reports say Lesnar got a Broken Rib!
    Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

jason david frank aka green ranger mma fight!

+ YouTube Video
      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Let`s bring this thread back to life shall we?
        Now how did you people feel about ufc 145?
        Imo some good fights but the Jon jones vs Rashad evans fight was one of the most boring MMA matches i have ever seen in my life.
        Other than that looking forward to the re-match between Chael sonnen and Anderson Silva.
        Proud owner of a Justice League Europe number 1 issue.
        Which currently is worth less than my Kick-Ass 2 issue 1.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainFrxz View Post
          Let`s bring this thread back to life shall we?
          Now how did you people feel about ufc 145?
          Imo some good fights but the Jon jones vs Rashad evans fight was one of the most boring MMA matches i have ever seen in my life.
          Other than that looking forward to the re-match between Chael sonnen and Anderson Silva.
          silva will beat sonnen

Comment

former wwe wrestler bobby lashley fighting in mma

+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reDVwmXS2WY" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reDVwmXS2WY"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reDVwmXS2WY" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Yo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...7020--mma.html

Barring an unforeseen last-minute snag, Strikeforce to fold; Ronda Rousey and others headed to UFC

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

I'm shocked it's taken this long for some of the Strikeforce fighters to jump ship.

Comment

That really is the only surprise, everyone knew this was going to happen, its just that it took so long.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

this applies, right?
                    Dana White is to MMA what Vince McMahon is to Wrestling

and on other things..
                    make me tap, baby!!!

don't normally like blondes, but for her ..I'll make an exception

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
                      That really is the only surprise, everyone knew this was going to happen, its just that it took so long.
                      To the majority of the world, UFC = MMA. Only the long-time/hardcore fans knew about Pride, WEC, Strikeforce. We'll continue to see smaller feds come and go with the peaks and valleys of MMA popularity.
                      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                        To the majority of the world, UFC = MMA. Only the long-time/hardcore fans knew about Pride, WEC, Strikeforce. We'll continue to see smaller feds come and go with the peaks and valleys of MMA popularity.
                        Hmm I agree and disagree.

I think Pride was well known, and theirs no way Pride was small, it was massive, it in the end became like WCW, only old school wrestling fans remember that, but it was WWE's equal, as was Pride to UFC, infact I'd say it was bigger at the time, but just like WCW it got bought and that really was the end to major competition feds in MMA.

Strikeforce and Dream never really reached the levels of Pride imo, more like TNA is in wrestling, like you say only appealed to hardcore fans.

I agree about the future, UFC is MMA now and that's not going to change, just like WWE is wrestling.

I've heard rumours that showtime might well start a new fed or buy into some other small time one, or they might just go with Boxing to fill time, since theirs not many good ex-MMA fighters out there anymore.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
                          Hmm I agree and disagree.

I think Pride was well known, and theirs no way Pride was small, it was massive, it in the end became like WCW, only old school wrestling fans remember that, but it was WWE's equal, as was Pride to UFC, infact I'd say it was bigger at the time, but just like WCW it got bought and that really was the end to major competition feds in MMA.

Strikeforce and Dream never really reached the levels of Pride imo, more like TNA is in wrestling, like you say only appealed to hardcore fans.

I agree about the future, UFC is MMA now and that's not going to change, just like WWE is wrestling.

I've heard rumours that showtime might well start a new fed or buy into some other small time one, or they might just go with Boxing to fill time, since theirs not many good ex-MMA fighters out there anymore.

Pride wasn't small to be sure, but I'd compare it more to ECW than WCW in the minds of the Western viewing audiences. It's audience was primarily devoted MMA followers (the ones who watched kickboxing on ESPN in the '80s and UFC 1-8), but it's marketing was lacking. The product was outstanding for awhile ( I liked it better than UFC in many cases), but it wasn't as accessible as UFC.

UFC is the NFL of MMA and that won't change. For most fans, one fed is enough. But there are always people who want things like the CFL or NBDL. For those fans, a smaller MMA fed will likely come to fruition at some point.
                          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I've been happy with Bellator's product lately, so it's not like Strikeforce was the only game out there. We'll just have to see if Bellator can really step up and be a number two.

I don't know what I am looking forward to more; GSP returning this Saturday, or going to the UFC event in Seattle next month.

Comment

Yo.

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/r...hampion-120612

Rousey joins UFC as champion

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Can't wait for Velazquez vs Dos Santos II

Comment

Working...
                                X