Heroes in Crisis Thread (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes in Crisis Thread (SPOILERS)

WTF Tom King?!? I mean... I know I'm probably one of the only fans of some of those 3rd stringers... but Wally?!?

Also, the whole concept feels a little too Westworld for me.

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
    WTF Tom King?!? I mean... I know I'm probably one of the only fans of some of those 3rd stringers... but Wally?!?

Also, the whole concept feels a little too Westworld for me.

yeah.. you probably are the only fan of those guys lol

i'm sure wally will return in future, doubt they'd bring him back just to off him again but hey he's didio's whipping boy so it could happen

now my only wish is that dead GL is revealed to be Kyle, i can't wait to celebrate

Comment

Wouldn't Kyle being in Titans make it unlikely that he is among the dead here?

Comment

So what happened? They kill Wally again? The real one or the fake one? And what about the GL?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
          Wouldn't Kyle being in Titans make it unlikely that he is among the dead here?
          a guy can hope right?

and who knows, maybe Titans takes place before HIC

Comment

So the art was great, best of Clay Mann's career, everything else not so much.

I think everyone gets the obvious problems with killing off a popular character like Wally, especially in such a throwaway manner (I expect West will have a rant on here similar to his Twitter one shortly) but even if you remove the Wally death this story has problems.

The mini is being framed as exploring what happens when a tragedy occurs at the one place it shouldn't happen, the problem is we don't really know anything about Sanctuary.

99% of the info we have on it comes from interviews, it hasn't been fleshed out at all in the comics. So why should I care that it's basically been desecrated? Because I'm told to? Fuck that.

Issue #1 would've been better (not good, but better) if it had been issue #3 and they'd actually spent some time exploring Sanctuary. Instead we got shock value on shock value on shock value. Blech.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
            So what happened? They kill Wally again? The real one or the fake one? And what about the GL?
            Original Wally.

Comment

If a GL is gonna die in this series.... I'm betting on Guy. The series is about mental trauma people. Wasn't that his thing for a bit? Oh yeah, he's a ginger like Wally and Didio probably has it out for redheads... he's a goner.

I will say I do like the art and the symbol for sanctuary in this and wish this was on an inspired Superman costume somewhere.

RIP Blue Jay and Hot Spot. You two were too good for this generation.

Comment

I'm wondering if the GL symbol is a red herring. It seems like they would have to take some serious liberties with any of the current Earth GLs' costumes for the bit of art we saw to fit (Kyle's would fit best, but he's in Titans).

Comment

This mini sounds like Identity Crisis 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                    This mini sounds like Identity Crisis 2.0
                    Originally it was suppose to be a story about PTSD but Didio wanted an Identity Crisis like event so yeah

Comment

Pretty much with the swerve about making the audience think the story is one thing, but the crime takes it in a different direction. Seems like the same blueprint.

Comment

so i've got to ask why? why bring him back just to kill him off again? why f@ck over his fans YET AGAIN if you were just gonna kill him off anyway? what was the point of it all? sadly i already know the answer MONEY and lots of it and DC and

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Ginger Wally has died a total of THREE times now since Rebirth. However there's speculation Booster will go back in time to stop whatever this is to save almost everyone, then like in the Flash he'll come back to a world where a couple things have been altered still.

What do we know about Sanctuary?

1.) With Kryptonian tech the Trinity created the Sanctuary. Superman claims at one point 'we built this for us.'

2.) Two of the robots in the Sanctuary appear like Ma and Pa Kent.

3.) The setting location resembles a certain farm in Kansas. This seems like it may have been built for Superman himself.

4.) If it was built for all the members of the Trinity, what could Bruce and Diana's recent trauma deal with? Other characters like Tim Drake could still have died somehow before this series begins...

5.) The Sanctuary had a greeter that was nowhere to be found. Could it have been a robot or maybe a hero of flesh and bone?

6.) Somebody didn't appreciate being treated by robots. The robots by design resembled humans under the gold masks and white hoods.

There anything else we might add to the list from interviews or anything?

Comment

So, the teaser page for DC books this week talks about this series and says "Issue #2 in stores now."

That's just a goof, right? I didn't see it at my LCS and it's not listed on Previews or Comicvine.

Comment

They pushed it back to the 31st a few weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X