No announcement yet.

Bendis Writing Legion And Possibly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Laurel Kent costume needs a major update though.

Comment

Yikes.

Comment

He's been teasing something Legion, OMAC and Batman beyond related these past few days:

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...23018492620800
        https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...93507983609856
        https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...43617400102912
        https://www.instagram.com/p/Byh4gs0hfpy/
        https://www.instagram.com/p/Byi0ImKBm5R/

Comment

The 5 Years Later LoSH image kinda has me worried he's gonna get a bit too nuts with it. I don't want half the team to be in their 20's with the rest still being teenagers. Or God-forbid something darker in their later years....

OMAC has always seemed like a waste. He may work for a team comic or for a few appearances somewhere.... but he just doesn't have solo staying power.

They need to decide once and for all if Batman Beyond and some form of his future is THE DC future or not. And maybe do a crossover with the LoSH... because why not?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
            ...OMAC has always seemed like a waste. He may work for a team comic or for a few appearances somewhere but he just doesn't have solo staying power. . .
            It's pretty ridiculous that OMAC is still mentioned. What does it take to forget this property?

...They need to decide once and for all if Batman Beyond and some form of his future is THE DC future or not. And maybe do a crossover with the LoSH... because why not?!?
            I assume you mean with time travel? Because merging those timelines would be awful. They have to be centuries and centuries apart to be what they are.

Comment

Looks like they're merging ALL OF THE TIMELINES featured in the Millennium books. Batman Beyond's future, Booster Gold's, Kamandi's, whatever they do with OMAC... leading up to what will be the new Rebirth era Legion.

I like SOME of what I've seen for this new era of the Legion. I'm equally intrigued and scared at the same time. Some of the designs are cool I guess, but to hear Bendis wants to truly embrace the giant 30+ character roster in what he called "all of the X-Men titles combined in one book" is just madness.

Characters I wanna see something done with we have nothing on so far include Ultra Boy, Star Boy, Sun Boy, and Element Lad.

Between the Superman #15 issue and the promo art for the series by Ryan Sook confirmed Legion members appearing include: Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Shadow Lass, Brainiac 5, Chameleon Boy, Wildfire, and another unidentified male on the Superman #15 cover....

And it's a safe bet Jon Kent/Superboy will be tagging along to the future as well. I'm wondering if this is where Naomi will wind up too...?

EDIT: And since I mentioned Batman Beyond in the thread title, how cool is it Old Man Barry from Flash Year One is now active in the Beyond future?!?

Comment

Some of these designs are horrible, while others kick so much ass. I don't understand...

And it looks like we'll see a version of Doc Fate in the Legion soon..?!

Comment

Comment

After the two issues setting up Rose/Thorn, then the ongoing two issues in....

Some of the concepts have me intrigued like Aquaman's trident, the way Earth is presented, and Rose's purpose in the broader story. However... when the things like the 'Frichtman Tags' are introduced but then we don't see them for the new characters like the new alien Doc Fate, the Gold Lantern, etc. it gets aggravating.

I feel like Bendis may have went too hard when it came to reinventing the entire Legion. I give him props for making some of them look more alien, but starting out with such a giant cast instead of making it a slow burn going in a few characters at a time is a bit jarring. Then to add the son of Superman, who's now went into the past and also grabbed Damian Wayne for the Legion.... its like Bendis is using the shock and hype behind stuff that's never been done just for the quick attention grab.

Things I'm wanting to see before this thing gets cancelled or I just lose interest keeping up with 10 sub-plots at a time....

Development with Sun Boy [I like his new look], smaller team missions, more with Ultra Boy [the current arc sorta revolves around him and his father being important], if old Earth is somehow brought back and Atlantis returns... I'd LOVE to see an Atlantian on the Legion.

Comment

...I'd LOVE to see an Atlantian on the Legion.
                      I don’t know LoSH well, Has there usually (ever?)/ been one?

Comment

Never as far as I know of. They've never done anything with Atlantis that far in the future.

Comment

I think the problem is the "only one Legionnaire per planet" rule, or did they get rid of that? An Atlantean Legionnaire would take Earth's slot. And if they'd rather have Damian, then it wouldn't fit anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                            I think the problem is the "only one Legionnaire per planet" rule, or did they get rid of that? An Atlantean Legionnaire would take Earth's slot. And if they'd rather have Damian, then it wouldn't fit anyway.
                            Earth always had more than one representative. Colossal Boy, Sun Boy, as well as several others were originally Earth natives. In one iteration it was because Earth was the most diverse planet when it came to the alien species living there.

Comment

Working...
                            X