No announcement yet.

Comixology starts running Volume 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, this is the issue I believe you're referring to (along with the subscription advertisment for the series

As i said a few weeks ago I'm hoping that Comixology will continue this as well as Green Lantern Vol 3 (This issue was released around the same time as Green Lantern 25 (The Loser Leaves the Corps Fight between Guy and Hal)

The best part of this Title's release was that DC released a wearable Green Lantern Power Ring with it

(I still have several of them myself)
    Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern2814.20850 View Post
      The best part of this Title's release was that DC released a wearable Green Lantern Power Ring with it

(I still have several of them myself)

I still have mine (though it's chipped in one corner ). How'd you get that many. Subscribe 10 times?

Comment

Nah, when the comic came out the comic shops had bucket's full of 'em! You could take as many as you wanted (they didn't charge $1.00 a ring like they do now!)
        Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

So this week we wrap up a storyline and get our first one-shot in

First John learns the big secret behind the Mosaic. Why aren't the Guardians working to send the various cities back and what's going to happen with them if they remain?
          Then in 19 Guy Gardner gets the spotlight back. The JLI is being closed up by the UN and Guy is left feeling out of sorts. Fortunately Guy runs into just the man who can help him deal with his anger......Goldface! (largely by being a handy target for Guy's rage! good thing the Red lantern's didn't exist yet! Guy would've joined a whole lot sooner)
          Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Another Done in One issue of

This is a Big One.
            John Guy and Hal all see visions of Alan and investigate meeting Alan's wife Molly.
            Molly is worried because when Alan left he left behind his battery. Suddenly, the Image of Alan that had appeared to the three GLs reappears and reveals that after years of contact, a portion of his soul became imprinted on it. When Guy questions the battery as to why Alan had such a different operation and weakness from the other GL's in the universe, the Battery takes them back to ancient China and shows them the history of Yalan Gur, a previous Green Lantern who wielded a power ring that had not yet been subjected to the yellow impurity.
            This issue was drawn by the three dominant GL artists of the time as well as Martin Nodell who drew the Time travel segment Gil Kane who drew Hal's adventures in the silver age provided the cover.
            Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

This week, Hal recruits a warrior into the

Corps.
              And GAWD! I forgot how freakin' UGLY Boodika was!
              (to tell the truth, I don't recall her being drawn as good looking until long after E.T.)

My only complaint with this issue is one I've had with many of the Broderick penciled GLs
              for some reason they make some pretty far out coloring mistakes. During The Road Back we get a bunch of Green Skinned Red-suited Lanterns and here the uniforms are kept okay but everyone turns blue. Oddly this only happened when Broderick would pencil the book.

We only got one each in the Green Lantern section this week (possibly because Comixology resumed running the Mike Grell Run of Green Arrow (1988-1998)
              Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Hal has to contend with enemies old and ne this week in

Hal finds himself (in full Green Lantern Uniform) interviewing as if for a job. what he finds out however is that he's a captive being studied before he's sold off as a slave.
                Of course since much of the story makes mention of Hal's relationship with Carol Ferris,(See the Comixology runs Volume 2 thread for THAT mess!)
                This leads right into Hal confronting Carol in her least flattering run as Star Sapphire

btw:the pages on 22 are a little scrambled up at the moment (a common enough occurance with Comixology's releases. they usually fix em up on a day or two)
                Lantern2814.20850
                Green Lantern
                Last edited by Lantern2814.20850; 02-01-2013, 05:47 PM.
                Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Hal has to find a way to save Carol and help John destroy Star Sapphire in this week's

I was gonna say that this week's release would truly be the end of Star Sapphire as the post-Rebirth SS doesn't have the dominate or kill personality anymore but I forgot about the three issue bit right before the SCW. still, we won't be seeing this gawd-awful uniform on any Star Sapphire's anymore and that's more than acceptable.

Beyond all that, Hal recruits three new Members to the Corps.
                  Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern2814.20850 View Post
                    Nah, when the comic came out the comic shops had bucket's full of 'em! You could take as many as you wanted (they didn't charge $1.00 a ring like they do now!)
                    Not mine. I had them pull Mosaic for me, and yet I never even SAW one of those rings. They didn't have any in the shop, and they didn't have one for those that pulled the title. I really wanted one, too.

Comment

This Week! in

Here we see the End of Guy's Primary Full-Time run as a member of the Green Lantern Corps (On the upside, said run is just starting up in the Volume 2 Thread)
                      After the smoke Clears we find Hal in a suburb of Coast City, starting to put his Earth life back together! Right in time for an attack from Evil Star!
                      Lantern2814.20850
                      Green Lantern
                      Last edited by Lantern2814.20850; 02-13-2013, 04:25 PM.
                      Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

In this week's

Hal fights to get his battery back from Evil Star and Goldface... The problem is his ring's out of power. Meanwhile, Carol goes behind Hal's back to help him get his air service started.
                        Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

In this week's

Olivia Reynolds is looking to market a new line of Green Lantern figures that talk (the figures are about the size of DCUC/DC Direct (actually, in some they look almost Mego sized and have the pull string voice feature (like Woody in Toy Story)
                          Hal of course, is furious with Olivia but before he can shut her down an alien spacecraft arrives and we get this scene reminiscent of Green Lantern/Green Arrow 75

Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

At long last we begin The Third Law in...

As you can see Hal's trust issues with the Guardians are picking up steam (and this is back when the Guardians still had some semblance of humanity.
                            all in all it's a pretty good issue. I'm not going to go as in depth on this one as I did in Volume 2 because we're only on part One and so far not much really happens we get a quick rundown of what Hal did on Earth before he went Oa and we're introduced to ENTROPY (the big bad villain of the story) Ganthet has something to say about the secrecy of the Guardians (and I think this storyline is the last time we see him with the traditional Guardian Haircut before he adopts the ponytail look in #50)
                            Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

I'm not sure about digital Comics. It's the best version out there for sure (scanned from the best source available and restored) but you don't really own the comics, you just bought a license to view the content.
                              If comixology goes out of business or DC decides to change their policy regarding digital comics you can wind up having spend several hundred $ but without any content.

With steam you know at least that they have a policy to provide a drm-free-patched client if they go out of business, but I don't think that comixology has a contigency plan for such an event.

On the other hand, DC doesn't seem to care to release volume 3 in trades at the moment or near future so comixology might be your only source for them.

I own a few digital comics but I'm on the fence about this.

Comment

^I'm cautious myself but not necessarily for the same reason. I like owning a physical copy but I've bought a few digital comics that were on sale to catch up on stories. However, if comixology let's say lost it's license and had to close down (which I find unlikely since it's an official distributor), that wouldn't physically remove your downloaded copy. You'd have to chose to do that (or lose your device it's on).

Comment

Working...
                                X