SDCC 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDCC 2014

Someone had to do it. Might as well start now.

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE FOR IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS

You will need your 2013 badge to register for 2014!

Preregistration for Comic-Con International 2014 attendee badges will be available online sometime after the convention. There will be no onsite preregistration at Comic Con 2013. Only those that have purchased a Comic-Con 2013 4-Day attendee or 1-Day attendee badge AND retain their actual badge will be eligible to participate in 2014 online preregistration.

To participate in Comic-Con International 2014 preregistration, you must retain your Comic-Con 2013 badge. Please do not throw away, give away, or lose your Comic-Con 2013 badge as it contains valuable information required to participate in preregistration.

Professionals, guests of professionals, exhibitors, exhibitor purchased attendee badges, volunteers, staff, and press will not be allowed to participate in online attendee preregistration.

Eligible attendees will be notified after Comic-Con 2013, via e-mail, with additional information regarding online preregistration. The notification will be sent to the e-mail associated with your Member ID account.

Please be sure to "opt-in" to e-mail correspondence to receive the preregistration badge sales announcement. To check your Member ID notification “opt-outs,” login to your account at https://secure2.comic-con.org/memberid/ and select the option “Change my preferences/unsubscribe.”

Thank you very much for your support of Comic-Con, and stay tuned for additional 2014 preregistration details!

Yeah, I got the same email this morning. I suspent the registration will take place sometime in November.

Good luck everyone.
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

My roommate got it yesterday as well.
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

this is so fucking stupid. pretty soon you will need the previous 3 years badges and your w2's from 2006 in order to register.

They make it virtually impossible for new people to get in and its just the same people year after year. I like going, but frankly i wont even bother anymore because its too much now. It was so much better 8-10 years ago.

Comment

I like this because now I won't have to kill a day at the con trying to get tickets next year. I know what you mean Robinson...we've been trying to get back in for the last 4 years and finally made it!
          A teacher affects eternity; He can never tell where his influence stops.

-Henry Adams

Comment

If I'm fortunate enough to get tickets to SDCC 2014, it will be the last one I'll try to attend for a long while.
            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

You getting burnt out Primus?

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

I've gotten burned out. SDCC just isn't as fun anymore. I was thinking about skipping SDCC and checking out DragonCon, where it's all about cosplay and fun.

Comment

Ha, so funny that you all are burnt, as I'm excited about the prospect of going next year (since I couldn't this year )

I'll pretty much be like that guy in the image, where it's his first time at a Con. I've been to a few, but nowhere near as the scale of SDCC.
                  JohnnyV
                  Pictionary Master
                  Last edited by JohnnyV; 07-26-2013, 08:04 PM.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

IF youve never been its an experience like no other, if you have been in the past where you could go on the day of and buy tickets and compare it to how it is now its just a ridiculous clusterfuck.

I almost enjoy the outside stuff more than the inside the con stuff just because you get to see more of SD that way, the air is fresh and alot more room.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                      I've gotten burned out. SDCC just isn't as fun anymore. I was thinking about skipping SDCC and checking out DragonCon, where it's all about cosplay and fun.
                      I've been going to DragonCon for years longer than SDCC and usually have a blast. It's a three day Halloween party where one can live by the rule:

Never wait in a line longer than what you're going to see
                      And still get to see great stuff.
                      Not to mention the fact that DragonCon TV either livestreams or rebroadcasts the larger panels so you can watch them in your rooms. Provided, of course, you're staying in one of the Con hotels.

Having said that, I'll be going to SDCC for as long as I can get passes.

Comment

Originally posted by plastroncafe View Post
                        I've been going to DragonCon for years longer than SDCC and usually have a blast. It's a three day Halloween party where one can live by the rule:

And still get to see great stuff.
                        Not to mention the fact that DragonCon TV either livestreams or rebroadcasts the larger panels so you can watch them in your rooms. Provided, of course, you're staying in one of the Con hotels.
                        The guest list for DragonCon is AWESOME!! No raffle, wristband, lottery or ticket nonsense. You pay up front and get your photos with the celebs! So cool! I would pay to have a photo with Kandyse McClure. They also have show package deals at discounted prices!

It's too bad DC is only one month after SDCC.

Comment

The guest list for DragonCon is AWESOME!! No raffle, wristband, lottery or ticket nonsense. You pay up front and get your photos with the celebs! So cool! I would pay to have a photo with Kandyse McClure. They also have show package deals at discounted prices!

It's too bad DC is only one month after SDCC.
                          It might be easier to buy a badge at DC, but picking it up at SDCC is a breeze by comparison. The first year I went to DC I bought my badge same day and waited in line for five hours. The next year I pre-registered and still waited in line for hours because the pick up system was so poorly designed.

Crash space is also really hard to come by, especially if you want to be in one of the host hotels...which you do, because that's where the parties are.

I'm still trying to decide if I can go this year. It'd be the first in maybe eight that I'll have not if I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
                            You getting burnt out Primus?
                            Yes, I am. Probably because of my advanced age and work has really sucked out alot of my energy.

There are still many things I enjoy about attending SDCC, like the meet ups and being part of a community.

The things I dread are lining up for things you really want to attend or obtain; trying to score passes to the event; trying to score a hotel in the gaslamp.

If SDCC ever reaches a peak and then goes down in popularity enough where I don't have to scramble for tickets and hotel, I'll probably attend then.

Dragon Con is something that I wanted to attend for awhile, but as you pointed out, it's too close to SDCC for someone on the West Coast to flyout to the ATL.

The year I don't go to SDCC, I plan to go to NYCC and maybe DragonCon.

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                            Ha, so funny that you all are burnt, as I'm excited about the prospect of going next year (since I couldn't this year )

I'll pretty much be like that guy in the image, where it's his first time at a Con. I've been to a few, but nowhere near as the scale of SDCC.
                            I hope you're able to experience SDCC. Once you experienced it, you'll want to experience it again because there is so much going on and you'll definitely miss out on things, so you'll want to come back. And San Diego is the perfect place for the Con because it's near the harbor and the Gaslamp is right across the street for all the after hour parties/clubs.

Originally posted by plastroncafe View Post
                            I've been going to DragonCon for years longer than SDCC and usually have a blast. It's a three day Halloween party...
                            That's what I hear. I've seen videos of DragonCon and it's looks definitely like a con where the main attraction are the attendees themselves.

Comment

SDCC 2014 Badge Pre-Registration Update

Comic-Con International has updated attendees with information on the SDCC 2014 badge pre-registration process.

Here is the information from the official site:

“Comic-Con is working hard to improve the online registration system and will launch Comic-Con 2014 badge preregistration sometime between November 1 and December 31, 2013. Only those that have purchased a Comic-Con 2013 4-Day attendee or 1-Day attendee badge and have a valid Comic-Con Member ID will be eligible to participate in 2014 badge preregistration.

If you attended Comic-Con 2013 as a child, but will be age 13 or older as of November 1, 2013, you must register for a Comic-Con Member ID to be eligible to participate in 2014 preregistration. Once you have registered for a Member ID, log in to your Member ID account after August 8, 2013 and follow the instructions to qualify for preregistration. You will need your Comic-Con 2013 badge to register as an eligible attendee.

Professionals, guests of professionals, exhibitors, exhibitor purchased attendee badges, volunteers, staff, and press will not be allowed to participate in badge preregistration. Open online registration for all categories listed above will occur at a later date.
                              Those eligible for 2014 badge pre-registration will receive an email with instructions and information “sometime in November 2013″.

Safe to say, it’s probably a good time to check your Member ID information to make sure it’s up to date, and that you’ve opted in for communications from CCI.
                              I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X