40.00%
    0.00%
    50.00%
    10.00%
    0.00%

Issue out. Poll added.

Comment

3 out of 5 stars.

The plot was good. Hal Jordan recognized that he wasn't as good a leader as he thought he was. Wow, Hal, too bad you didn't realize that back before the Parallax days, huh? So we'll have to see what happens, if Hal becomes better or if he allows anyone else the spotlight. Hal may not be a terrific leader, but he's no follower, either.

The Durlans and the Kunds have a falling out. All those who saw that happening in less than 3 issues, raise your hands! But the Durlans are more treacherous, with plans inside plans, and loathing to depend upon anyone else for any length of time. The Durlans also have a solution to their "weakness" of needing radioactive energy in order to maintain their shapeshifting ability. A Durlan solution.

As for Hal's talk with the Clan woman (who was a Star Sapphire briefly?), it was required to get the information out of her. No Martian Manhunter telepaths nearby, this time.

Artwork was decent, faces were okay, plot was strong. It could have been worse.

Comment

Awful.
        The last fan of 1990s comics
        Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

So did anyone read this shit?

Comment

Not great, but I like that the war has shifted and Hal's (quick) acknowledgment of his imperfections was decent.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
              Awful.
              Was it really that bad? I have yet to get myself a copy...

http://www.green-bloggers-site.com

Comment

It's not good. Tan really doesn't draw Hal well at all and the endless Durlan thing (since the Khund are essentially out of it now) just sucks the life out of you. At least Corps has brought back some characters that were in mothballs for a long time, but this book is just there. Red, NG and Sinestro are all much more fun books to read right now.
                "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
                Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
                Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
                who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
                to change the world. This time, Lord...
                Let me be worthy."

Comment

Originally posted by greenblogger View Post
                  Was it really that bad? I have yet to get myself a copy...
                  Save your money. As Dave would say, this issue was drizzled shits.

Comment

Yep. I wouldn't be surprised if Venditti leaves within a year. This mess smacks of editorial interference.

Comment

If the sales continue to tank, Vendetti will probably be gone whether he wants to be or not within the next year. It isn't just one book at risk, but a whole family of books. If the post-Durlan story line isn't a vast improvement, I can't see DC sticking with the current direction of the book for too much longer.

Let me be worthy."

Comment

I don't even want to know what event the next storyline will be.

Comment

I'm curious as to what this issue does that's so terrible. I read it, and while I won't rave about it, I fail to see any particularly large offense. The Durlan storyline won't end until "Uprising" is over, so it's pretty obvious what you're getting into here. I will concede that I feel they're taking too long to tell this story, though.
                          ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
                            Save your money. As Dave would say, this issue was drizzled shits.
                            I get a nickel every time somebody uses that!

And man, I just barely forced myself to read #31 a few days ago. Got caught up on all of the GL issues from May before I got too far behind. I've got to find my second wind to be bothered to read this month's issues.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                              I don't even want to know what event the next storyline will be.
                              "The Slight Irritation of the 2nd Lantern"

This current issue isn't so much more horrible than the past few, it just was more of the same, and that really isn't good.

Plus, we haven't even seen Saint Walker in like 3 months and seeing him was just enough to make the early part of this Durlan/Khund thing readable.

Let me be worthy."

Comment

Working...
                              X