Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo.

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
    This punk-assed, cowardly cop was found not guilty.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/07/mesa-p...daniel-shaver/
    watched that whole clip over the wk-end, and while wat happened there was a horrible tragedy......that cop was SWAT; they don't negotiate unless directed to, and *usually* operate w/extreme until prejudice when theyre securing an area that's suspected to have a threat to the populace.

sorry to say it, but Daniels attempt to fix his clothing (since that's wat it looked like he was trying to do) was the exact WRONG THING to try to do at that time, and is exactly why he was killed; hell, the cop TOLD THE BOTH OF THEM he would blast them away if they deviated from his instructions just a little. and since the cop likely kept to procedure the whole way, Im not surprised at all he was cleared of wrongdoing.
    :/

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Yo.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.3722608

Woman freezes to death after parents confine her for years in tiny room

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• The "prankster" bears the most guilt, but the cop is plenty guilty too. If you're a Nervous Nellie, don't become a cop.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/la-man-arr...opstories.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
          The "prankster" bears the most guilt, but the cop is plenty guilty too. If you're a Nervous Nellie, don't become a cop.
          Yeah, I read that one this morning. So pointless and sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            Yeah, I read that one this morning. So pointless and sad.
            Some police killings happen because the cops are jerks, but I think a lot more happen because the cops are scared.

Comment

Some police killings happen because the cops are jerks, but I think a lot more happen because the cops are scared.
              Yeah, it makes the national headlines when a cop shoots a young man who was reaching for his cellphone, but it doesn't seem to make them when the cop assumes it's just a cellphone and gets a bullet to the head for it.

Comment

• If you're pointing a powerful weapon at someone, how is he going to get it out of his pocket and shoot you before you can simply pull the trigger? That's not going to happen, but a lot of cops are terrified that it will. They need to get into another line of work.

Comment

If you're pointing a powerful weapon at someone, how is he going to get it out of his pocket and shoot you before you can simply pull the trigger? That's not going to happen, but a lot of cops are terrified that it will. They need to get into another line of work.
                  If they're pointing the weapon. But they might simply be arresting them or telling them to turn around when the perp reaches for something. That would make me pretty nervous too. I don't even think that it's that rare. I actually know an elderly black lady who told her grandson if he's ever arrested or pulled over to go for his phone right away and start filming.
                  But aside from that, even if the cop's gun is drawn, if they tell the perp to put their hands up (or on a vehicle) and instead they go for something in their pants, they're trained to take that as a threat just like military and security would.
                  Space Cop
                  The Dandy
                  Last edited by Space Cop; 12-31-2017, 04:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    If they're pointing the weapon. But they might simply be arresting them or telling them to turn around when the perp reaches for something. That would make me pretty nervous too. I don't even think that it's that rare. I actually know an elderly black lady who told her grandson if he's ever arrested or pulled over to go for his phone right away and start filming.
                    But aside from that, even if the cop's gun is drawn, if they tell the perp to put their hands up (or on a vehicle) and instead they go for something in their pants, they're trained to take that as a threat just like military and security would.
                    Then people would be smarter to shoot the cop first in a situation like that, right? A cowardly cop can always say, "I thought I saw him reaching for a gun."

Why trust Barney Fife with an automatic weapon?

Fuck how these pussies are trained.

If that's how it it's going to be, then we should go back the Old West, with everyone wearing a gun. Then cops wouldn't be so eager to start shit.
                    Trey Strain
                    Guardian of the Universe
                    Last edited by Trey Strain; 12-31-2017, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• Lets be clear here, while I wish the young man hadn't died the situation was setup for someone to get killed. Remember this was a swatting. The person who made the false report stated he was the only male in the house, he had shot his father in the head, and was holding his mother and sister hostage. He also claimed he poured gasoline all around the house and was going to ignite it. The cops when they arrived had all that information and were expecting a madman. The guy walked outside and the cops were shouting orders at him. At one point he had his hands in the air, but once they put a spotlight on him he lowered his hands and then raised them again. At which point he was shot. The officer thought that the guy was reaching for a gun from his waist band.

I hold no one at fault here. Given the information the cops had, given the situation,
                      and the young mans actions I totally understand the why's of what happened.

This was a fake report issued by a person who had a fake address for the real person they were trying to SWAT. Which lead to a complete break of all conventional rules simple because both the young man and his family were setup .. as were the cops in this situation. In the end the officer who pulled the trigger will be found justified given the situation and the information they had and the events. However when the person who made the false report is found and arrested they should be charged with the young mans murder because they were directly responsible for the situation that lead to his death.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
                        Lets be clear here, while I wish the young man hadn't died the situation was setup for someone to get killed. Remember this was a swatting. The person who made the false report stated he was the only male in the house, he had shot his father in the head, and was holding his mother and sister hostage. He also claimed he poured gasoline all around the house and was going to ignite it. The cops when they arrived had all that information and were expecting a madman. The guy walked outside and the cops were shouting orders at him. At one point he had his hands in the air, but once they put a spotlight on him he lowered his hands and then raised them again. At which point he was shot. The officer thought that the guy was reaching for a gun from his waist band.

I hold no one at fault here. Given the information the cops had, given the situation,
                        and the young mans actions I totally understand the why's of what happened.

This was a fake report issued by a person who had a fake address for the real person they were trying to SWAT. Which lead to a complete break of all conventional rules simple because both the young man and his family were setup .. as were the cops in this situation. In the end the officer who pulled the trigger will be found justified given the situation and the information they had and the events. However when the person who made the false report is found and arrested they should be charged with the young mans murder because they were directly responsible for the situation that lead to his death.

Darth_Andrea
                        Juries don't want to convict cops of crimes, which makes everything worse, But I bet the family of the dead man will sue the police and get a hell of a lot of money out of them. And the cop's career is over too.

As for the creep who called in the report, he should die behind bars.
                        Trey Strain
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by Trey Strain; 12-31-2017, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• The bad guys here aren't the cops. They are the good guys like they almost always are. I feel really bad for this police department. Cops put their lives on the line for us every day, amd most people are too stupid to understand that.

Comment

• This story actually hits very close to home for me. I experienced something similar to this man who was shot by police when a swat team of police responded to my house a few years ago because of a call they got that I couldnt make up if I tried. If I had done my first instinct when I answered the door I would be dead right now, and I would not blame the police based on their call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                              The bad guys here aren't the cops. They are the good guys like they almost always are. I feel really bad for this police department. Cops put their lives on the line for us every day, amd most people are too stupid to understand that.

Comment

• Amazon and Google file patents to allow home assistance devices to spy on users, collect and sell data
                                Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X