Green Lantern Corps #18
    Write:Peter J. Tomasi
    Artists: ChrisCross, Scott Hanna

33.33%
    16.67%
    25.00%
    16.67%
    8.33%
    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Nice cover. Save for the glaring Black Lantern error, though.
    The last fan of 1990s comics
    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Yeah what the hell is that about??
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=15585 - Preview;s available

Apparently someone thought Fatality was Boodikka. Hope there's an in-story reason for that because it's a pretty large fuck up.

And there's no illustration of her Kyle-era costume. Why not? Yeah, it wasn't purple, but it WAS her look for years.

I don't see the problem in including "Black Lantern" John. Even if it was just for a second he did look like that.

Comment

The link to the preview is in the first post fyi

Comment

>_<;

Comment

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
              Apparently someone thought Fatality was Boodikka. Hope there's an in-story reason for that because it's a pretty large fuck up.
              Explanation? Continuity? HA!
              And there's no illustration of her Kyle-era costume. Why not? Yeah, it wasn't purple, but it WAS her look for years.
              I'm sure they've forgotten all about that. Again, you want continuity in a GL book? HA!
              I don't see the problem in including "Black Lantern" John. Even if it was just for a second he did look like that.
              The problem isn't that BL John is included. The problem is that the art is incorrect. Notice that it's missing something rather important?

Comment

Heck, they already retconned the heck out John's family history back during Kyle's run, why NOT retroactively kill his mom? I hear it's all the rage. Just ask Barry.

The poor guy is going to confuse even the First Lantern with his history. Only child, then add a gay brother, so he can have something to say when Kyle talks to him about Terry, then add a sister that he was inadvertantly responsible for the death of, somewhere along the way his mom, who we met during the Millenium crossover, left the picture, now she was killed while running for office. John's history is about as big a mess as any comic character.

Comment

I dont see anything missing on the Indigo Channeling Black Energy version of John. If youre talking about the Black Lantern Logo, then I dont see that as a huge mistake.

Comment

I notice no sign of John as a Guardian or Darkstar in those past visions. And no sign of Katma, either. Or the Mosaic.

And are they implying that in current continuity John was NEVER an architect? That his time in the military REPLACED that? I hope not, as that would royally suck...

Comment

Pre New 52 they couldnt decide if he was an architect, marine, or both either so thats really no different.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                        And are they implying that in current continuity John was NEVER an architect? That his time in the military REPLACED that? I hope not, as that would royally suck...
                        Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                          Pre New 52 they couldnt decide if he was an architect, marine, or both either so thats really no different.
                          I don't care if it's no different. It would still suck. John being an architect is probably one of THE most integral parts of his character. Without it, I'm not sure I even consider him to REALLY be John Stewart. If they retcon that out, then, as far as I'm concerned, they've essentially created a new character and just stuck John's name on it.

Comment

I dont disagree that it wouldnt be all that great to get rid of it. Im just saying that half the time you couldnt a get a straight answer out people from DC about it. I honestly can't even remember the last time it was reference before the new 52 much less after it. Hell I'm half surprised in this new retconny world DC is so fond of they havent tried to say he wasn't a Marine either.

Comment

It's getting to where I'll have to start putting "John" in quotes any time I refer to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X