Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 06-09-2016, 04:04 PM   #51
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
Good. Keep it simple, not like the title that trying to throw everything in it, including the bathroom sink, like "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice."

Seriously, DC could have gone the Twightlight movie/book title rout and called it "Justice League: Day of Justice" or "Justice League: Brightest Day" or "Justice League: Superman Reborn" or the rumored titled with Gods among Men or whatever.

Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 04:42 PM   #52
KilowogsDisciple
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
"Justice League: Brightest Day"
I'd FLING my money at that.
KilowogsDisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:14 PM   #53
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

COMIC REEL: HEARD "JUSTICE LEAGUE" RUMORS; "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2" SET PICS
Quote:
Amber Heard was reportedly told not to come out to London for her costume fitting for "Justice League" because producers told her she was not "camera ready."

According to TMZ, because of Heard's wait loss of over 20 pounds from the stress of her legal disputes, the studio believes she isn't quite ready to suit up as Mera for "Justice League." However, the fitting has been rescheduled for a later date.

Heard previously used her costume fitting as a reason for not attending a deposition in the domestic violence case against Johnny Depp
Old 06-17-2016, 11:22 PM   #54
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

20lbs? Wow!

I typically find myself not feeling sorry for rich celebrities and I don't know them at all. However, I hope she can find her way through her situation and play the part of Mera.

Old 06-18-2016, 02:53 AM   #55
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

They might not want the drama. I wouldn't be surprised if they recast her.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:01 PM   #56
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 06-19-2016, 08:39 PM   #57
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Simmons is looking jacked:

Yeah I couldn't see it before, but this dude is gonna kill it as Gordon moreso than his JJJ. Too bad he'll never be Bat-Gordon on screen, dude would kill it and make everyone think twice about the Commish being the Bat.

~M~

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
-//V\\- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:59 PM   #58
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I see that picture of JK Simmons and I think he's getting ready to play Maestro.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:56 PM   #59
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Big Justice League & DCEU News Coming Tomorrow

Quote:
Various bloggers and journalists took to Twitter to offer that WB is releasing news about the DC movie universe tomorrow, Tuesday, June 21st, around 9am.

Justice League is currently filming in the UK, and WB has recently invited various web sites for set visits with their articles embargoed for Tuesday.

It's unknown exactly what the DCEU news could be about. Perhaps it's for additional movie announcements and/or Justice League casting.

I think the timing of this new is curious with SDCC only a month away. So, perhaps this is announcement about the entire cast of Justice League being at San Diego Comic-Con or perhaps an announcement about Green Lantern.

I would not be shocked if it was announcing that a new director has been brought aboard Justice League.

Last edited by Darth_Primus; 06-20-2016 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:13 AM   #60
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I would not be shocked if it was announcing that a new director has been brought aboard Justice League.
I'd be 100% shocked.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:25 PM   #61
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Quote:
I'd be 100% shocked.
Plus, they wouldn't promote it this way. Changing directors is always a hit for the studios. They don't play it "hey, guess what?"
Old 06-21-2016, 02:29 PM   #62
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

They aren't changing directors, this thought needs to leave everyone's head.
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:30 PM   #63
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

WILLEM DAFOE'S "JUSTICE LEAGUE" CHARACTER REVEALED
Old 06-21-2016, 02:32 PM   #64
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

"JUSTICE LEAGUE" FILM PLOT DETAILS, LOGO REVEALED

Quote:
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

Directed by Zack Snyder, this marks the big screen debut of the Justice League, featuring an all-star lineup: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller and Ray Fisher.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:37 PM   #65
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

‘Justice League’ Set Visit: Zack Snyder Goes Full Marvel
Old 06-21-2016, 02:48 PM   #66
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

#Nutstain
Reading that got me so pumped!
Old 06-21-2016, 04:15 PM   #67
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Plus, they wouldn't promote it this way. Changing directors is always a hit for the studios. They don't play it "hey, guess what?"
Not if it was announced that Ben Affleck was the director of Justice League. That bit of news would go well with everyone; critics, fans and folks in the industry as Affleck is an Oscar winner for Best Picture and Screenwriter. Moreover, he does have Nerd-cred. Additionally, Affleck has been involved with the production and direction of the DCEU. I think pretty much everyone would say this would have been a step in the right direction.

Well, Snyder would never say they went "full Marvel" as Snyder has thrown shade on Marvel numerous times saying stuff like (paraphrasing) "oh, their movies are just flavors of the weak" and something like "they're not realistic as they're not demonstrating the severity of the casual damage in the attack of New York. My movie does, and having super heroes fight in the middle of a huge city is not fun." Moreover, none of Snyder's previous films have ever been light or humorous in tone.

As the writer of the article noted, this was a PR campaign to show that they (Snyder, writers, producers, studio) have heard the negative reaction to Snyder's previous films and are actively trying to ensure critics and fans their Justice League film will be lighter and more humorous in tone. Which they say was always the plan. I call bullshit on that, as Snyder has gone on record that Grant Gustin's Flash wouldn't fit in his strict universe because Gustin's Flash was too light in tone.

I also call bullshit that this was the plan from beginning because the DCEU wanted to distinguish itself from Marvel by being "steeped in realism and a little bit edgier than Marvel films" as said by WB's CEO Kevin Tsujihara. Now with "Mother Boxes" and Multiverses and weird dreams by Batman, this is far from being "steeped in realism."

However, I do believe this is a step in the right direction as the article points out several admissions and the first couple of films being learning experiences. The first step to correcting a problem is admitting there is one.

All this does bring me hope that the Justice League will be go a good, fun, entertaining and quality film.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:47 AM   #68
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

JUSTICE LEAGUE: GAME OF THRONES' KRISTOFER HIVJU PLAYS AN ANCIENT ATLANTEAN KING
Quote:
One of the many things I learned on the set of Justice League last Friday was that Game of Thrones' Kristofer Hivju has joined the cast of the DC movie in a small role.

The red-haired, Norwegian actor -- best known as wildling warrior (and Brienne of Tarth's not-so-secret admirer) Tormund Giantsbane -- appeared in concept art on the wall of the production office as a character labeled an ancient Atlantean king,

Some SPOILERS for the Justice League movie follow.

Eons ago, ancient humans, Atlanteans, and Amazonians came into the possession of three alien Mother Boxes, with each realm hiding one away for the ensuing centuries in order to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. This ancient sequence sounded like the prologue to Lord of the Rings, which described the Rings of Power and the creation of the One Ring.

Hivju's character presumably appears during this ancient hiding of the Mother Boxes sequence.

You may recall Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice depicted Mother Box technology playing a role in Cyborg's origin. As a result, costume designer Michael Wilkinson confirmed the big screen Cyborg can change his size and transform parts of himself (for example, like turning his hand into a weapon).

In addition to Game of Thrones and Justice League, Kristofer Hivju also has a role as a bad guy in next year's Fast 8.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:39 AM   #69
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Kristofer Hivju is awesome. I liked him ever since he played Jonas in The Thing prequel.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:19 PM   #70
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

I think I'd rather he play Aquaman

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:28 PM   #71
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

We should change the title of this thread, as Justice League will be one standalone movie, (not part 1 of 2).

Quote:
In October 2014, Warner Bros. told us we’d be getting a pair of Justice League films, titled 'Part One' and 'Part Two', both directed by Zack Snyder and to be released in November 2017 and June 2019. A couple of weeks ago, though, the DC Extended Universe’s new galactic overlord, co-producer Geoff Johns, tweeted that "Clearing up any misconceptions – the Justice League movie is called Justice League." No parts about it. Then, when Empire visited the set last week, around halfway through the film’s shoot, producer Deborah Snyder defiantly denied that there was ever a part two. “We were only ever planning, and we are only doing, Justice League,” she said. So, no part two then? “No.”

A few hours later, Zack Snyder seemed to contradict that. “We still have a release date,” he said of a second movie. The confusion, one assumes, is over the nature of a follow-up. It’s a storm of semantics, but that 2019 release date will likely give us a sequel, as opposed to a part-two of the same story. This initial Justice League is “a complete movie,” says Snyder, although he hopes it leaves things open, whetting appetites for more: “It doesn’t end like, ‘Well, that’s the DC Universe!’”

Old 06-23-2016, 12:51 AM   #72
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
I think I'd rather he play Aquaman
That can't happen. He looks too much like Aquaman.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:53 AM   #73
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I love that JL movie logo.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:01 AM   #74
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
That can't happen. He looks too much like Aquaman.
And his badassery would make everyone focus on him instead of the Trinity

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:05 AM   #75
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
And his badassery would make everyone focus on him instead of the Trinity
Speaking of raiding GOT for their casting, the guy that plays Mace Tyrell should be playing Vulko, not Willem Dafoe.