General

Old 04-11-2016, 02:40 AM   #1
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Default Justice League movie

Old 04-11-2016, 02:40 AM   #2
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Well they start filming this tomorrow so I figured I'd make a thread.

Even though I enjoyed BvS I had hoped after the dismal critical reception and poor word of mouth they would give Snyder a co-director to help improve the movie but it doesn't look like that'll happen. Instead it appears that Jon Berg (Executive Vice-President Development and Production) and Jeff Bewkes (Time-Warner CEO) are going to be more hands on with the movie. Honestly I would've preferred they go the co-director route over this since I doubt these guys will really be able to devote THAT much time given that they are high level executives with already busy schedules but I suppose that was never really realistic.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:13 AM   #3
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

"Money = quality" is all Warner Bros. sees anymore.

I heard Affleck is refusing to do the solo Batman film unless he gets to write it. As he has an Oscar for writing, I really hope he gets what the world needs. Enough of this morbid dreck.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:00 AM   #4
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
. . . Even though I enjoyed BvS I had hoped after the dismal critical reception and poor word of mouth they would give Snyder a co-director to help improve the movie but it doesn't look like that'll happen . . .
I'm trying to think of a case where a second director was added by the studio (as opposed to a creative choice) and a quality movie was still made. Maybe something obvious is eluding me, but . . .
Old 04-11-2016, 04:09 AM   #5
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
"Money = quality" is all Warner Bros. sees anymore.
The thing is even though the movie is making money it IS underperforming. Most of the projections now have BvS final haul being in the low 800 million range which is way under the original expectations.

Furthermore the multiplier on the domestic haul is pretty poor. Multiplier in this context means how much a movie makes total in relation to opening weekend and is a good judge of word of mouth as well, ex. 2x multiplier means that a movie's overall haul was twice as much as it's opening weekend. Right now most projections have BvS bringing in $325 to $340 domestically, that would give it a multiplier somewhere between 1.95 to 2.05. That would actually be lower than X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2.11), 2003 Hulk (2.12), 2015 Fantastic Four (2.18), Green Lantern (2.19), Hellboy 2 (2.2), Amazing Spider Man 2 (2.21), and Spider Man 3 (2.22), all of which were movies that cancelled plans for further movies.

So yea I think WB is probably concerned but they're stuck in place where plans are already in place and don't have a way to change them without affecting their stock price.

Quote:
I heard Affleck is refusing to do the solo Batman film unless he gets to write it. As he has an Oscar for writing, I really hope he gets what the world needs. Enough of this morbid dreck.
It's actually already been pretty much confirmed that him and Johns are working on script for a Batman movie.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:46 PM   #6
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Larry Fong will not be returning for Justice League Part One, instead Fabian Wagner will be taking over as cinematographer.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:45 PM   #7
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
It's actually already been pretty much confirmed that him and Johns are working on script for a Batman movie.
This is good news. Affleck's a very good writer and director, and Johns has been stellar when he isn't spread thin and actually gives a damn.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:54 PM   #8
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Jason Momoa hints at the Watchtower being in the movie.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:00 PM   #9
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

That's interesting.

Is Aquaman's mom's name Martha too?

Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:01 PM   #10
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
Is Aquaman's mom's name Martha too?
Yes.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:36 AM   #11
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 04-19-2016, 06:06 PM   #12
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

'Justice League' Adds Willem Dafoe to Cast
Old 04-24-2016, 03:07 PM   #13
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

J.K. Simmons Reveals The Size Of ‘Commissioner Gordon”s Role In JUSTICE LEAGUE And Future BATMAN Movies
Quote:
One of Justice League‘s most impressive casting additions to date is no doubt Spider-Man and Whiplashstar J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Jim Gordon, but it sounds like he’ll only be making a cameo appearance of sorts in the superhero ensemble. Talking in the video below, the actor explained that Batman’s closest ally won’t be spending a huge amount of time hanging out with the Caped Crusader.“I don’t get started on that until June, and my part in the first one is very small. I’m excited to be playing that iconic character in that iconic series.”

That’s slightly disappointing, but it sounds like Warner Bros. has big plans for the character, no doubt starting with Ben Affleck’s The Batman a couple of years from now. “I’m going into a thing that hopefully will be 2, 3, 4, maybe more movies for me, and my part in the first one is really very small,”he explained. “But obviously, we know who the guy is. We know his whole backstory, based on the comic book. So, I’m just gonna finish doing my research on that. And probably not watch the other actors who have played the part, because that is kind of intimidating, honestly, and I don’t think I would find that to be productive. So, I’ll do my take.”
Old 05-06-2016, 08:21 PM   #14
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Ben Affleck Elevates ‘Justice League’ Presence; Becomes Exec Producer
Old 05-06-2016, 09:19 PM   #15
KilowogsDisciple
Banned

Oh no. More Buttfleck, no Green Lantern, no Martian Manhunter. None of my money.

Marvel is looking better and better every hour, in every way. I couldn't say that at the beginning of this year.
KilowogsDisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:04 PM   #16
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I'm not going to hate on Affleck. Dude's got talent. More than Snyder, that's for sure.

I'm just not certain want this move means. It doesn't seem like Affleck will have creative control over Snyder.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:11 PM   #17
KilowogsDisciple
Banned

Quote:
I'm not going to hate on Affleck. Dude's got talent. More than Snyder, that's for sure.

I'm just not certain want this move means. It doesn't seem like Affleck will have creative control over Snyder.
I have to be forthright here, I have never liked Affleck, hate his acting...I've seen good movies but hated Affleck in them. So there's a huge bias on my part.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:15 PM   #18
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

No Justice League Part 1 or The Batman for you then?

Old 05-06-2016, 11:29 PM   #19
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Yea Affleck is a much better storyteller than Snyder so him being involved in a role where he has input creatively is good news.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:29 PM   #20
KilowogsDisciple
Banned

Quote:
No Justice League Part 1 or The Batman for you then?
No thank you. If there's a JL II with at least a Green Lantern I might think about it. I will watch Suicide Squad though, plus the other, solo movies.

If Bale came back I'd watch Batman. But unfortunately, no. Shame.

Too bad we never got Man of Steel 2. Oh I forgot, it got turned into a meh Batman movie.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:14 AM   #21
Lantern of Gallifrey
Weaponer of Qward

I have a feeling that this movie will just suck. I also don't think I will be watching it in the theater.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:16 AM   #22
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Ben Affleck Executive Producing 'Justice League,' Will Assist With Rewrites
Quote:
Ben Affleck — who portrays Batman in Warner Bros.’ current superhero release Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and will reprise the role in Suicide Squad later this year, as well as in next year’s Justice League: Part 1 movie — has moved into the role of executive producer of the Justice League project. Affleck will also assist screenwriter Chris Terrio in rewrites to the Justice League script, partly to help better align the Justice League film with Affleck’s solo Batman project — which I hear is tentatively expected to release in 2018, and which Affleck cowrote with DC Comics Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns. Johns has had a significant role in the development of not only DC Comics’ monthly comic releases, but also the planning for Warner’s DC cinematic universe, and that includes a role with Justice League as well.

Part of Ben Affleck’s work on the Justice League film will include participating in the post production phase with director Zack Snyder and the film’s editing team. Affleck is an important creative voice and talent at Warner, with films including The Town, Argo, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, Live By Night, The Accountant, Justice League: Part 1, and the solo Batman film constituting an impressive list of collaborations between the studio and the filmmaker. He won the Academy Award for Best Picture with Argo — a film that also brought an Oscar to Chris Terrio for his adapted screenplay.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:58 PM   #23
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

BMD is reporting that Steppenwolf will be the villain for Justice League Part One.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:11 PM   #24
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Are they really going to call him that? Because I always had a hard time taking that character seriously because the name just made me think of the band.

Of course, perhaps nobody today recalls the band. I wouldn't know, as I don't really pay much attention to the music world.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:12 PM   #25
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

I didn't even know that was a thing lol.