The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 01-15-2021, 04:52 AM   #176
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Typical liberal. Tries to start a discussion and backpedals.
Someone didn’t click the link to see the definition of what you’re doing.

Yes making Black Panther, the king of an African country, is changing his character just like changing Alan into a gay man. That doesn’t mean it’s the same thing. It’s not like turning Alan gay for an alternate reality book and a TV show changes his entire character like making Black Panther a white man would. At worst, Alan had Jade and Obsidian because he was in the closet. So generally still the same. White Panther would be a completely different story.

Be more like Space Cop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
^I don't think it's a matter of reflecting or not reflecting the world. It's re-writing the history of a brand to sell a political view.

If you were making all new characters and reflected the diversity as you'd likely come across it, that would be one thing. For instance, if you were making a story about a bunch of twenty-somethings living in modern NYC, it would ridiculous to have them all be straight, white males.

But they're re-writing the narrative; de-emphasizing the characters that have been the long-standing focus because they are inconveniently straight males.

Alan Scott isn't gay. A short-lived alternate-reality version was. But they will present that version (and likely in marketing promote it as THE comic version) because they can get extra points. Ditto if Guy is presented as some neanderthal example of toxic masculinity. That's not being true to the core of the franchise. It's pandering.

I mean I can see how that would appeal to some, but I'm sure you can see how that could also be an insult to Alan and Guy fans or even (by their absence) Hal, John, and Kyle fans?
He logically makes his argument.

FYI They’re making T’Challa Star Lord for an episode of What If so you can throw a hissy over that too.

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:45 AM   #177
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
Someone didn’t click the link to see the definition of what you’re doing.

Yes making Black Panther, the king of an African country, is changing his character just like changing Alan into a gay man. That doesn’t mean it’s the same thing. It’s not like turning Alan gay for an alternate reality book and a TV show changes his entire character like making Black Panther a white man would. At worst, Alan had Jade and Obsidian because he was in the closet. So generally still the same. White Panther would be a completely different story.

For the umteanth time i find alternative realities really lazy by the writers. How about sticking to one continuity and reality and flesh out characters that are gay women or people of color? Your telling me black panther is marvels only black hero? Lets look at dc new batman is black right? Batman is batman do to his tragedy not for being a white billionare playboy. People argue above all the different robins i tell them for me dick grayson is the only robin or batman Should never have a sidekick . Now thats my personal thought. Instead of tokenism why not you know make black lighting the face of black heros since 1. His show on cw is successful 2. He runs the jl on young justice outsiders. You want to tuck away ICON who is basically a black superman but want to replace kal EL with a black superman with a brand new black alter ego? Wouldn't it be less of a headache to revive Icon instead? Why sacrifice a character for the multiverse wich you know will be trash? You are aware there are white Africans who live in southern Africa right? So basically since you argued African country a white person can be black panther. Also i enjoy being me and i think its insulting to space cop to say i Should be like him. Space cop is a good dude

I'm not homophobic you are hetrophobic so thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 01-15-2021 at 07:02 AM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:51 PM   #178
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
For the umteanth time i find alternative realities really lazy by the writers. How about sticking to one continuity and reality and flesh out characters that are gay women or people of color? Your telling me black panther is marvels only black hero? Lets look at dc new batman is black right? Batman is batman do to his tragedy not for being a white billionare playboy. People argue above all the different robins i tell them for me dick grayson is the only robin or batman Should never have a sidekick . Now thats my personal thought. Instead of tokenism why not you know make black lighting the face of black heros since 1. His show on cw is successful 2. He runs the jl on young justice outsiders. You want to tuck away ICON who is basically a black superman but want to replace kal EL with a black superman with a brand new black alter ego? Wouldn't it be less of a headache to revive Icon instead? Why sacrifice a character for the multiverse wich you know will be trash? You are aware there are white Africans who live in southern Africa right? So basically since you argued African country a white person can be black panther. Also i enjoy being me and i think its insulting to space cop to say i Should be like him. Space cop is a good dude
I think there's just a failure to communicate here and you've got a lot on your mind LOL

Nobody said Black Panther was Marvel's only black hero. And it's obvious he isn't with folks like Luke Cage and War Machine running around. And for the record there WAS a light skinned Panther within the last few years, dude's name was even Casper LOL. You are correct in that we have a new black Batman at DC, but IDK why everybody's acting like he's the first. Michael Lane was brainwashed and put in a Batman suit during Battle for the Cowl and eventually became the second Azrael. There was also Stan Lee's Batman. And yeah, the tragedy was definitely a part of Batman's origin but by no means is it the only thing that makes him Batman. Being an entitled white billionaire is what got him training around the world, and helps finance his war on crime. Without his money and resources Batman would be more like Nightfist from Hitman. Or just a regular guy with severe PTSD.

Now for some reason you've segued into Robins, all of which have been mostly white males in continuity. But before the world went full on SJW... back in the 90's... it was revealed Dick Grayson was part Romanian. Thankfully DC hasn't felt the need to remind us with every appearance like they do with Kyle Rayner being part Mexican and speaking Spanish out of nowhere.

As far as Black Lightning... I've wanted DC to do more with him and Bronze Tiger for years. Instead they only push the easy tech based characters like Steel, Cyborg, and Mr. Terrific. As for his CW series... you know it's been cancelled right? Either way he should be in the League, not stuck in Batman's Outsiders.

With Icon.... I think Milestone dropped the ball even with the newest revamp. I would have rather the best of Milestone just be inserted into the mainstream DCU like in the Young Justice cartoon. I think part of DC's problem though is they've purchased too many universes and aren't doing much with the majority of them. People have wanted a Question series forever, and then finally... he gets a mini series. And somehow Rorschach gets a 12 issue maxi series by Tom King no less. I miss seeing folks like Captain Atom regularly, Hawkman now that his series ended, the 90's Ray, etc. I think DC is missing an opportunity not expanding the Justice League into the Justice League Unlimited and adding a couple dozen members.

And since you ended talking about Black Panther again, I'd urge you to look up that Casper dude who became the Panther when he was in NYC for a time. Eventually he became another version of White Tiger but was then forgotten when the Spiderman cartoons introduced the new female White Tiger.

-Ω

Last edited by Ωmega Man; 01-24-2021 at 05:55 PM.
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 05:33 AM   #179
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ωmega Man View Post
With Icon.... I think Milestone dropped the ball even with the newest revamp.
I'm a little surprised DC never took the Milestone guys, some of the GEN13, and sort of spread them around the Justice League, Titans, and/or Teen Titans. Or have they? It seems like the most obvious thing.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:43 AM   #180
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Things are strangely quiet on show details. It wouldn't surprise me if there is some kind of delay due to the virus.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:45 AM   #181
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

I think surving a voyage on the titanic in a sea of icebergs is more exciting and good than this pc woke garbage being a hit. Itll probably tank lower than batgirl season 2 episode 1's rating

Old 02-10-2021, 03:28 AM   #182
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm a little surprised DC never took the Milestone guys, some of the GEN13, and sort of spread them around the Justice League, Titans, and/or Teen Titans. Or have they? It seems like the most obvious thing.
They tried it during the New52 to little success. Grifter could've been DC's gun guy from Wildstorm, Gen13 folded into that universe's Superboy and Teen Titans books, and Static was cancelled after his book's artist was given more power than Static's original co-creator that was the writer on the book.

Had Grifter got the crossover with Superman and Hawkman instead of being given to Rob Liefeld it might've lasted longer. Had somebody other than Scott Lobdell been over Superboy, Teen Titans, and.. I think it was called Ravagers... they might've been more of a hit. Static was just sad and I think what lead to Milestone separating from the mainstream DCU again.

In Flash #750 the Wildstorm universe and New52 combined universe was shown when God-Wally observed the entire DCU's multiverse and reboots.
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 04:25 PM   #183
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Im guessing alan scott will have a vaginis a hybrid of a vagina and penis to please the weirdos out there. The first episode will be him inspecting a stool sample and the ring on his finger wont be green but brown

Last edited by TazzMission; 02-11-2021 at 04:28 PM.