Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh oh... are they going to kill off Kyle again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
    I think Kyle should've been in some form of cosmic Justice League. I mean if they're gonna put spins on Marvel archetypes especially... why not put their own spin on GotG? Hal's DCYou Renegade era could've been that, but ample page time was wasted on Virgo and Trapper.

I'd try it with something spinning out of another R/T War. Kyle, Hawkwoman, Comet, Blackfire, and IDK... Glomulus?

Wouldn't that be redundant with Odyssey around?

I mean, I could live with that Titans team if it had a stronger roster. Wally needs to be there. Maybe Dick Grayson. It would be a better place for Cyborg than two different Justice Leagues.

Comment

^^^ That's exactly the kinda thing I was talking about, just with a better set-up. And Grayson is the leader of that Titans team, he's just not on the cover. Since HIC is nine issues, Kyle could still be killed before the end. However since the series deals with trauma... that has me thinking if a GL dies it'll be Guy.

Imagine how cool a cosmic League could be with folks like Martian Manhunter, Kyle, Starfire, maybe even Hawkgirl on the team with appearances by Adam Strange. Throw in a random LoSH character and it'd have a little bit of everything that makes Rebirth great in the mix.

Comment

Which Titans starts with Kyle?

Comment

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
          Imagine how cool a cosmic League could be with folks like Martian Manhunter, Kyle, Starfire, maybe even Hawkgirl on the team with appearances by Adam Strange. Throw in a random LoSH character and it'd have a little bit of everything that makes Rebirth great in the mix.
          Kyle needs to be back on Earth. Otherwise, that would be cool. Especially if they are fighting with Adam Strange on their side, and then his Zeta beam wears off and he disappears back to Earth.

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
          Which Titans starts with Kyle?

Comment

With the current direction of Nightwing and the fact he's not on the cover.... I wonder if they're setting up Kyle and Donna as the big guns of the team moving forward?

Comment

That's a very likely scenario. It would also pretty much guarantee that the series doesn't reach #40 with this lineup.

Comment

The line-up for the actual Titans team Kyle was part way back when was kinda iffy as well but looking back it had a lot more potential than was ever realized. Or maybe most of the characters were still too new. It had Arsenal, Donna Troy [as a Darkstar], Kyle, Impulse, Supergirl/Matrix, Damage [Grant Emerson], Impulse, another version of Terra, and Jarvis Minion.

But I agree about this current line-up. DC pushing the younger female Steel rather than doing something worthwhile with her predecessor makes no damn sense. How many times are we gonna see Miss Martian hiding the fact she's really a white Martian? Even making Beast Boy's powers wonky from the emergent energy seems like a waste of time [cause the last time his powers were altered it didn't stick either...].

IMHO DC just needs to start thinking outside the box and making new teams. Red Hood & the Outlaws is a great example. Or even the Challengers From Beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                  That's a very likely scenario. It would also pretty much guarantee that the series doesn't reach #40 with this lineup.
                  Yeah, and then Kyle's stock will plummet even more as a result. Now it'll be, "Look! Kyle can't even support a team book anymore!"

Also, it's been way more than 21 days now. Who died?

Comment

Arsenal. Booster Gold and Harley star in Heroes in Crisis. Tim Drake's gonna be in the new Young Justice book by Bendis. Cyborg's still in JLO. And Kyle of course is in the Titans.

Comment

The kicker is that it wasn't just Arsenal who died, but several other former Justice Leaguers and Titans as well. Lagoon Boy, Joto, Blue Jay, the JL Detroit version of Steel, Arsenal and even Wally West, who they had just brought back very recently. It's insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                        The kicker is that it wasn't just Arsenal who died, but several other former Justice Leaguers and Titans as well. Lagoon Boy, Joto, Blue Jay, the JL Detroit version of Steel, Arsenal and even Wally West, who they had just brought back very recently. It's insane.
                        They killed Wally West?

DC: "Come check out Rebirth! We want to make good with old fans! Look, here's Wally back!"

Fans: "Ehh... I'm skeptical, but I'll give you guys one more chance."

DC: *punches fans in the face*

Fans: "Oh. Well this isn't entirely unexpected, is it?"

Comment

It truly isn't.

Comment

Killing Wally West off panel sounds like something Dan Didio would come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                              Yeah, and then Kyle's stock will plummet even more as a result. Now it'll be, "Look! Kyle can't even support a team book anymore!"

Also, it's been way more than 21 days now. Who died?
                              if they would just Make Kyle Great Again

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Wally has 'died' like 3 times since they've brought him back. I'm betting by the end of this event at least part of it is undone with a younger time traveling Booster Gold.

Comment

Working...
                                X