Green Lantern Corps: Edge of Oblivion #5 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artists: Scott McDaniel, Ardian Syaf and Cliff Richards

16.67%
    33.33%
    50.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%

Yeah... John fans should just skip this one... it's not terrible, but it's really not good.

Why did they have to resort to the cliche that the bad guys are physically monstrous? Can't they just be humanoids with pretty hair and still be evil?

Nothing about this has been as intriguing as Lost Army. At least that had a sense of mystery and conveyed the feeling that the Lanterns were displaced and out of their element. If this story took place in our universe it wouldn't have been much different other than them mentioning once in awhile that the universe was ending. It's ok as a Guy story, but not so great as a GLC story.

Comment

I liked (not loved) it. The brainwashed vs. not angle is good. And Iolande is back! Plus, it humors me to read "the end of the universe" under the next issue box. The joke about Guy taking 10 second to go from sorry to pissed was funny.

Comment

REVIEW: Green Lantern Corps: Edge of Oblivion #5

Comment

The art criticisms are fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            The art criticisms are fair.
            aww thanks man .

Comment

Overall, the first issue featuring the rage of B'dg was good. It was all downhill after that. Even the Lost Army was only just "very good", certainly not great. Last good Green Lantern anything was back when Van Jensen was writing, though Sinestro has been good.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelous Iggy View Post
                aww thanks man .
                Like you, I've been digging the series, but not without some complaints. Still, even if we're in the minority, I'm glad to at least see one other person who doesn't hate it.

Comment

I just read it a few minutes ago. Glad to see we're getting to the end of this arc between Lost Army and Edge Of Oblivion. The premise has pretty much run out of gas for me. I liked the ol' bait and switch on who the villains are. Nothing I haven't seen a million times but nothing offensive either. I'm not a fan of the art but I get that they had to rush to fill in the last 3 issues in a jiffy.

Comment

Working...
                  X