Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Especially since out of those 56 pages, 22 are a reprint and 14 are ads.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
      Halfingjordan?
      Hell no! He's a bigger closet Kyle fan than anyone here!

We were referring to IG.

Comment

Is this worth getting?

Comment

I'd pay $149.99 for this. Ron AND Darryl back? On Kyle? Hells to the yeah.

Comment

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Took the words out of my mouth, Andrew. I would've paid $9.99 an issue if this was a mini series. Even if the closest comic shop was 45 minutes/miles away.

What exactly will be reprinted that takes 22 pages? Will the begining of the issue be a new lead in to another of Kyle's adventures or will the new stuff take place more towards the end after an adventure? I don't remember too many issues where he was at the Watchtower after getting his JLA pass in his series. There was the issue with Martian Manhunter around #88 I think, the Marz swan song #125....

Speaking of which. The whole thing with the armored looking guy beneath the CPB in WotGLs reminded me a lot of the afformentioned #125. Only difference is the alien Kyle fought was buried in the moon under the Watchtower.

~KL~

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                Hell no! He's a bigger closet Kyle fan than anyone here!

We were referring to IG.
                Damn straight you are KRMD 4 Life

Comment

Comment

Not too shabby!

Comment

Can't wait for this.

Comment

And the villain shall be...Effigy!

Damn, Banks' art has been missed.
                        The last fan of 1990s comics
                        Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

I would imagine this issue would be the best out of ALL the Retro specials. Why? Because it's featuring a character actually DONE by the writer and artist who created him and are remembered for doing him. Most of the other books have maybe a half of the team, creators who never did or weren't remembered for working together, and in some cases never even worked on that character.

Also, a lot of writers and artists eventually get past their prime. Artists styles devolve in the decades after their prime, and many comic writers lose touch with their ability to tell great stories. Marz and Banks aren't far enough removed from that; hell, the 90s wasn't really all that long ago.

For the same reason I had hoped the 90s Flash issue would have had Waid and Augustyn writing, and LaRoque. Or at least someone else they actually worked with during their first run (God I miss Werringo!). Too bad.

Other than the Kyle oneshot, the only other one I'm looking forward to is the Batman/Reaper story. The 80s GL one with Staton on art SHOULD have been written by Steve Englehart and inked by Bruce Patterson.

Comment

Picked this up yesterday and enjoyed the ever-loving fuck out of it. The writing wasn't that superb and nothing outstanding, but it was just a great read and pretty awesome seeing Banks doing what he does best.

The Sky is Waiting....

Comment

It was okay, but I'd have liked it more if they told us why the Controllers simply let Effigy go. Why not fill in a plot hole in something like this?

Oh, well. It was a nice throwback to the Kyle era.

Comment

I'm not even a Kyle fan, and I found it more enjoyable than any of the other retro books I read. GREAT art, and a suitable story that made sense for the character and time. Hell, this issue could be slotted in as a "missing" story and would fit right in.

Kyle fans should run out and get this.

Comment

Working...
                                X