The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 02-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #701
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

How is this guy continuing to be rewarded, especially after how much he "helped" the Green Lantern movie?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #702
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

GJ?!?

Old 02-03-2014, 10:51 PM   #703
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

He's a really nice guy. His comic books sell a lot.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #704
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
How is this guy continuing to be rewarded, especially after how much he "helped" the Green Lantern movie?
Because his position at DC hasn't changed.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:54 PM   #705
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Pretty sure the GL movie would've sucked with or without GJ.
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:15 AM   #706
IonFan
Forum Member

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:07 AM   #707
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Man Of Steel had Jor-El a scientist with battle armor and a Superman who kills people. Don't you dare blame this future turd on him. This movie is more then capable of sucking on its own merrits.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:16 AM   #708
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Nolan was the one guy who campaigned against Superman snapping Zod's neck. Goyer and Snyder overruled him. I don't even want to imagine what they're capable of without him.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #709
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
Nolan was the one guy who campaigned against Superman snapping Zod's neck. Goyer and Snyder overruled him. I don't even want to imagine what they're capable of without him.
Yeah well Nolan is hardly the one to have champion your source material. If he had his way everyone in the movie will speak in goofy voices. I would'nt worry about it. Goeff has no real power,Like Stan Lee,we just pop his name on a film and make it seem like we give 2 fucks about the source material.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:53 AM   #710
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Let's hope so.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #711
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Yeah no power...that's why he's in the writers room of Arrow and Flash. Thats why its Diane Nelson has limited his comic writing output. Because he has zero power and zero influence.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:13 PM   #712
Gray Lantern
Senior Corps Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
Man Of Steel had Jor-El a scientist with battle armor and a Superman who kills people. Don't you dare blame this future turd on him. This movie is more then capable of sucking on its own merrits.
This. This right here. I've been kind of hoping that this movie will inexplicably be good, despite everyone working on it. I've liked some things that Goyer has written and some things Snyder has directed, but Man of Steel was just SO bad. Heck, if I had to choose between rewatching Man of Steel and Superman Returns, I'd choose Superman Returns in a heartbeat.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:17 PM   #713
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Wow, really? I can nitpick a lot of things going on in Man of Steel, but it was at least entertaining. Superman Returns had a lot of nitpicks and it wasn't even entertaining at all.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #714
Gray Lantern
Senior Corps Member

Superman Returns is worth it if for nothing else but Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #715
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lantern View Post
This. This right here. I've been kind of hoping that this movie will inexplicably be good, despite everyone working on it. I've liked some things that Goyer has written and some things Snyder has directed, but Man of Steel was just SO bad. Heck, if I had to choose between rewatching Man of Steel and Superman Returns, I'd choose Superman Returns in a heartbeat.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #716
Gray Lantern
Senior Corps Member

^I'll never understand why you like that piece of shit movie, Robinson. Parts of it were interesting and entertaining, but as a whole, it fell flat.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #717
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Most people that say it was bad feel that way because it strayed so far from the Donner versions and they have trouble letting go of the past. I applaud them for going in a different direction. Was it perfect no. Was it bad, not by any stretch of the imagination. People bitched and whined about not enough action in SR, now in MOS they get that action and they bitch and moan its too much, too much destruction, he killed someone, oh no. Over the 75 year history of film supes has quite the destruction bill and the body count so mos didn't do anything that hasn't been done before. It just brought it all before a bigger audience.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #718
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

And spacey was a shit luthor.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #719
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
And spacey was a shit luthor.

Seriously though, he was definitely a shit Luthor.

Quote:
Most people that say it was bad feel that way because it strayed so far from the Donner versions and they have trouble letting go of the past. I applaud them for going in a different direction. Was it perfect no. Was it bad, not by any stretch of the imagination. People bitched and whined about not enough action in SR, now in MOS they get that action and they bitch and moan its too much, too much destruction, he killed someone, oh no. Over the 75 year history of film supes has quite the destruction bill and the body count so mos didn't do anything that hasn't been done before. It just brought it all before a bigger audience.
Eh, some of those reasons were small nitpicks I had with the movie. None of which were major problems I had with the film. My two biggest problems were how the overall theme and plot point wasn't resolved by the end of the movie, and the relationship between Clark/Superman and Lois. The whole fucking time, they kept barraging me with questions about if the world was ready for Superman, should Clark reveal Superman, are people bigots who will throw shit at Superman..and on and on and on. Then we get to the end of the movie, and none of that is resolved. We get a quasi-humor filled moment when he talks to that general about how he's going to keep an eye on things but doesn't want to be spied on. Then he shows up at the Daily Planet as Kent. ZERO resolution going on there. Just a complete letdown. Goyer and Snyder setup the consequences of Zod and Superman's actions, but they failed to deliver on showing the consequences themselves.

My second major issue is the chemistry between Lois and Clark/Superman was extremely lacking. I don't know if it's the actors, because I liked their performances by themselves, but when they got together and tried to display romance it just didn't click. I think a lot of that seemed rushed and forced. I'd rather they had just hinted at it towards the end of the movie and just flesh it out in the sequel. However, that didn't happen and we were left with a stale Clark & Lois relationship and story. Which is a huge part of Superman's history.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Last edited by JohnnyV; 02-04-2014 at 03:03 PM.
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #720
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Boys,boys. They were both pretty bad.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:00 PM   #721
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
The problem, for me at least, with the action in Man of Steel wasn't the level of destruction. It was that it went on FOREVER. I was checking my watch in the middle of a fight scene. That shouldn't happen, IMHO. Also, I wasn't a fan of the way the action scenes were handled. In the effort to show how amazingly fast Kryptonians were, we got some fights that were just plain blurry and hard to follow.

I enjoyed the movie, as a whole, but the action DRAGGED.

Also, the movie's portrayal of Johnathon Kent as somebody that would SERIOUSLY consider letting a bus full of children die (and forced his son to WATCH HIM DIE, despite the certain knowledge that he COULD save him- how messed up is that?) in order to preserve Clark's secret was an utter betrayal of the core identity of that character, IMHO. Johnathon Kent is supposed to be an inspiration to Clark, to be somebody that teaches him that his powers SHOULD serve some greater purpose, not somebody who repeatedly hammers into him that keeping his powers a secret is THE most important consideration.

Aside from that, it was fun. And I did enjoy it more than Superman Returns.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #722
Space Cop
The Dandy

Yeah, Jonathon Kent's portrayal was my biggest problem too.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #723
IonFan
Forum Member

i just want to point out that he killed more then one person, the fight alone with Zod had to of killed a few bystanders (and don't get me started with the fight in Smallville )

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #724
TheGoatLantern
Beta-Lantern

I was amazed at how fast they rebuilt the daily planet. And the characterizations of Jonathan Kent and Clark Kent were terrible at best.

She blinded me with SCIENCE!
TheGoatLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #725
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Yeah, Jonathon Kent's portrayal was my biggest problem too.
After growing up with that guy, it's no wonder Superman would snap Zod's neck.