Artist: V. Ken Marion
    0.00%
    0.00%
    66.67%
    0.00%
    33.33%

Issue out. Poll added. Review posted!

Comment

I haven't a chance to say this before, but I really like Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz. I don't always like their stories, and Simon rubbed me wrong during Blackest Night, but the new series of him and Jessica touched me more than the Hal Jordan foursome. Both Simon and Jessica are dealing with their personal flaws while trying to do their job, and enemies they faced off also have their fear that could've happened to any of us. They feel human.

Simon and Jessica aren't like Jordan with plot armor or Gardener who could beat up aliens without wearing a ring, but their effort in overcoming their weakness is far more likable than Jordan foursome who on most cases too powerful or righteous to change; the foursome hasn't shown any signs of growth, because they almost always win, Superman suffered similar criticism for the same reason.

Review on 42/43:

I like how they use a hero dating app to bring out character development. Dating app is meant to resolve loneliness, and each person's fear is accommodated according to the data you put in and who it could attract, be it truth or lie. A clever way of connecting it to religious gathering.

Since long ago the GL writers had been using the franchise to share their personal opinions on social issues, this time it's on religion. A lot of people believe that religion is ONLY about worship and obedience, but that's not how all religions work, and many so-called present day "religions" are no longer what they were when they first founded.

No doubt many religious organizations are indeed exploiting their followers, brainwashing people for profit, but at the core all of them were capable of saving lives. It would've been a lot more intuitive if author could showcase both negative AND positive sides of a religion in recent issues, Simon would've been great here if he could help Jessica with Koran scriptures. As it is, it feels like the author is venting his dislike towards religions in general rather than delving deeper into their potential for good, like how they portray Simon and Jessica overcoming their weaknesses.
      :Gray Lantern the True Neutral:

Cyberium of Sector 614, you foresee great HOPE in our future.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberium View Post
        I haven't a chance to say this before, but I really like Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz. I don't always like their stories, and Simon rubbed me wrong during Blackest Night, but the new series of him and Jessica touched me more than the Hal Jordan foursome. Both Simon and Jessica are dealing with their personal flaws while trying to do their job, and enemies they faced off also have their fear that could've happened to any of us. They feel human.

Simon and Jessica aren't like Jordan with plot armor or Gardener who could beat up aliens without wearing a ring, but their effort in overcoming their weakness is far more likable than Jordan foursome who on most cases too powerful or righteous to change; the foursome hasn't shown any signs of growth, because they almost always win, Superman suffered similar criticism for the same reason.

Review on 42/43:

I like how they use a hero dating app to bring out character development. Dating app is meant to resolve loneliness, and each person's fear is accommodated according to the data you put in and who it could attract, be it truth or lie. A clever way of connecting it to religious gathering.

Since long ago the GL writers had been using the franchise to share their personal opinions on social issues, this time it's on religion. A lot of people believe that religion is ONLY about worship and obedience, but that's not how all religions work, and many so-called present day "religions" are no longer what they were when they first founded.

No doubt many religious organizations are indeed exploiting their followers, brainwashing people for profit, but at the core all of them were capable of saving lives. It would've been a lot more intuitive if author could showcase both negative AND positive sides of a religion in recent issues, Simon would've been great here if he could help Jessica with Koran scriptures. As it is, it feels like the author is venting his dislike towards religions in general rather than delving deeper into their potential for good, like how they portray Simon and Jessica overcoming their weaknesses.
        Beautiful post. And in addition, I hope they keep Night Pilot and Scrapps as recurring characters, Night Pilot, since she has many similarities with Simon, and Scrapps, because she's Scrapps, her personality compliments Simon's and Jessica's.

Comment

Working...
        X