Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern: Lost Army Cancelled

Say it isn't so!

Writer Cullen Bunn has confirmed to Newsarama that Green Lantern: The Lost Army has also been cancelled, with November's #6 being it's final issue.

Issue 6 will be the last issue of the series," Bunn tells Newsarama. "There's more to the story of these lost Lanterns, and their story will be resolved in another limited series or in the pages of another Lantern book. I developed a plan for them, and I hope to be part of how it plays out.

http://www.newsarama.com/25888-batma...-solicits.html

Jesus...

Comment

Who ya gonna call?

Well, they'll have to flounder a few more times before they call me, but...

https://www.blogger.com/profile/17987982173398078413

Comment

Ugh, this sounds like they are simply leaving the Lost Lanterns hanging, and not wrapping it up at all.

Comment

Ok, so the story will be rushed, one character will die, another one or two will appear to maybe die, then the series will end with everyone being thrown back into our universe, but we again won't know exactly where or when, left with just the hope that someone will decide to pick up the story or any of the characters again at some point... but more likely the next time we see Guy or John, they'll just gloss over what happened. (just my inintial prediction)

Too bad - I don't usually buy the non-Hal GL titles, but I was really interested in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
            Ok, so the story will be rushed, one character will die, another one or two will appear to maybe die, then the series will end with everyone being thrown back into our universe...
            I don't know. That statement from Bunn makes it sound like they could be left out there and hope DC will let him do a one-off or cross-over to get them home later. That would make sense since Hal still seems to be rogue for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Don't forget that Omega Men, which has turned into Kyle's book, is being cancelled as well. This is either a reshuffling of the characters, most likely into another "Green Lantern Corps" ongoing, or they're letting the Corps fade into the background for a while (until the next GL movie?) and focus on just Hal.

Comment

I figure they are just going to leave the Corps hanging in another universe, since Sinestro's title isn't going away, and it seems to have been set up to have the Sinestro Corps fill the void left by the GLC. If they suddenly bring the GLC back, where would that leave Sinestro's storyline?

Comment

WHAT?!?! I just woke up to this! WTF!?!?

Comment

So they get rid of the title that can feature ACTUAL GLs...but they are going to KEEP the spin off that features the yellow ring villains?

Is this the new DC Implosion?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                      I figure they are just going to leave the Corps hanging in another universe, since Sinestro's title isn't going away, and it seems to have been set up to have the Sinestro Corps fill the void left by the GLC. If they suddenly bring the GLC back, where would that leave Sinestro's storyline?
                      That's how I took it. The statement made it clear that he's not wrapping up the story.

Comment

I kind of want to watch them burn for a while. Serves them right for putting out shitty comics for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          That's how I took it. The statement made it clear that he's not wrapping up the story.
                          Which really sucks. I mean at least when they ditched the Corps in ET, they were definitively gone. They weren't left ambiguously hanging as a dangling plot thread. I'd ALMOST rather they destroyed the Corps again rather than just decide they are so unimportant that they can just leave them hanging in limbo. (I did say "almost". My fear is if they DID destroy them nowadays, we'd never see them again, or at least not for years. As much as it sucks leaving them dangling like this, it at least means they are easily available to pop up again at short notice.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                            Which really sucks. I mean at least when they ditched the Corps in ET, they were definitively gone. They weren't left ambiguously hanging as a dangling plot thread. I'd ALMOST rather they destroyed the Corps again rather than just decide they are so unimportant that they can just leave them hanging in limbo. (I did say "almost". My fear is if they DID destroy them nowadays, we'd never see them again, or at least not for years. As much as it sucks leaving them dangling like this, it at least means they are easily available to pop up again at short notice.)
                            They can be used as the cavalry in a story at some point. Could be amazing if done correctly.

Comment

If it means anything, Sinestro is better than Lost Army. Dave, it's the drizzling shits.

Comment

Working...
                              X