The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 05-28-2018, 04:05 AM   #3476
Space Cop
The Dandy

Today, the love-it-or-hate-it Super Mario Bros. movie turns 25. I plan to watch it again tonight (esp. since I own a copy). I hated it in a befuddled confusion when it was new, but have come to like it the same way you might your ugly dog that keeps walking into the wall.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Space Cop; 05-28-2018 at 04:09 AM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:24 PM   #3477
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

The SMB film has moments where it's not half terrible (and plenty of moments where it's straight up garbage). Somehow, yes, they balance out. I privately suspect alcohol may enhance viewing tolerance levels.

Best scene will forever be when Mario pulls out a bob omb when fighting Koopa. Crowd totally loses its shit and Koopa drops a brick into his pants. Priceless.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:13 AM   #3478
Space Cop
The Dandy

^That's funny because when I was thinking about it, one of the things I was looking forward to was the bob omb scene.

I'm watching it now and on the streets, there's also signs for "twomp" and "Bullet Bill's." But it's so weird since nothing matches. I guess actually setting it in the mushroom kingdom would be too expensive, but I don't know, the sets are still pretty complex. Seems like it wouldn't have been much harder to film it in meadows and construct some giant mushrooms to jump on.

I also forgot that Toad is played by Mojo Nixon (he even says "the king is everywhere") or possibly I didn't know who he was the last time I saw this.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:24 PM   #3479
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

1) Had a very suspicious E-mail from Epic Games when I got home, letting me know my account was ready to use and all they needed was to verify my E-mail address via account login. Just to cover my bases, I asked both my dad and stepdad about their recent gaming activities, both gave negative replies, so I did the obvious thing and marked-as-spam and then deleted the clear attempt at phishing. Since I didn't provide any login data, the only thing the assholes who sent it have on me is an E-mail address, so I'm fairly in the clear.

2) Fucking Bungo. Faction Rallies in Destiny 2 have long been despised, but now they're basically abhorred. You can only pledge to a single faction during the rally now. Not just per character, but PER ACCOUNT. Once you sign the pledge you need not even bother playing with another toon, because there won't be any fucking point. I myself am extra-pissed off because somehow I suddenly don't have my Dead Orbit helmet for my Hunter, even though I know I fucking had one before. There's pretty much zero chance I would have deleted it, aside from a one-in-a-billion chance it was by accident, so now I have to hope the RNG blesses me again, because it took fucking forever to get it the first time. Goddamn it.

"We want your faction choice to have deeper meaning," said Bungo. Yeah fucking right, said the entire goddamn community. Forcing players to only use one faction per account per month is a fucking disaster.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:35 PM   #3480
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Kingdom Hearts III to release on January 29, 2019
Old 06-13-2018, 11:00 PM   #3481
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Old 06-16-2018, 03:31 AM   #3482
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Massive added "shields" to The Division this week, new patches to unlock based on story progression, elite enemy kills, dangerous areas cleared, etc. Completing them unlocks rewards in The Division 2, but if the datamining is at all true, I won't be unlocking very many of them. Even if I do manage more than a handful, going by the rewards (broken into tiers based on how many shields unlocked), I don't even care for most of the unlocks: one shield gets you a weapon skin, four get you a jacket and a sleeve patch, and then the next backpack skin and various emotes.

Granted, audio logs are also unlocked, and those I would like to get and listen to. Doing so of these shields (like killing the weekly high-value targets) will require either some finagling on my part (e.g., I use a ballistic shield to stay alive) or a teammate.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:02 PM   #3483
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

AVGN: Dirty Harry (NES)

Maybe I'm getting old and forgot about how effects-heavy some of James's stuff can be, but I swear he loaded this video up.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:58 AM   #3484
Space Cop
The Dandy

^The Elvis and Travolta thing were great. And the crazy jumps and snakes are so bizarre for that game.
Only thing I'd disagree with is calling Play Misty for Me "obscure," though I would grant that it's an unlikely reference for a ten year-old to make in 1990.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:21 AM   #3485
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Oh don't get me wrong, it was a good video and he was very clever with a lot of his references and usage of jokes. I'm just of the opinion that he did a touch more effects-wise than I think he typically does, but I might be imagining things.

Unrelated: Massive brought back the first global event, Outbreak, and I basically immediately started working towards shotgun headshot kills to unlock one of the masks. Things got a little funny when I unlocked it with 152/170 kills, so I cautiously finished the challenge and then equipped it.

Going to try a couple of other challenges next, but hell if I earn them without a meatbag to help me.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:52 PM   #3486
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Ten minutes of Resident Evil 2 Remake

January 2019 can't come soon enough!

edit:

Crash Bandicoot: N Sane Trilogy review

I may actually finally get that, since I never had a PS1 growing up and thus was deprived of a Sonic substitute.

Last edited by Agent Purple; 06-30-2018 at 11:09 PM. Reason: GAMES
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:56 PM   #3487
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So I finally made the move and geared up with Tactician's Authority in The Division so I could try for the one patch I wanted. The commendation requires you to complete an Outbreak playlist mission on hard, with the special modifier set to either Severe or Critical, and you cannot be infected (health drains when enemies get close).

I had tried this before, when Massive first re-ran Outbreak, and had come relatively close but failed at a few points. This time I was properly geared and had a better idea of what to do, and with much better weaponry and skills. I had a couple close calls but spammed the seeker mines, letting them take out most of the enemies throughout the level and using mostly my sniper, with an assault rifle in case some foes started getting too close for my liking.

Final boss and his goon squads meant a ton of explosions, and me picking at him from a distance, but when the mission finished I had earned my patch and also another commendation for using no medical skills to replenish my health (aside from health-on-kill traits for my armor or weapons).

Going to be running around the open world from now on, using seekers fucking everywhere.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:44 AM   #3488
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Little kid giving marathoners free power ups
Old 07-07-2018, 09:07 PM   #3489
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I cannot believe what I just did a few hours ago in Division.

I'm farming landmarks in the far-northern tip of the Dark Zone, and start grabbing some loot. After checking for rogues and seeing none, I call in a chopper, clear the NPCs that come...and then out of nowhere a rogue agent drops a shock turret and melts me, stealing half of my loot.

Pissed, I wait at least five minutes before returning to the area and trying again, carefully checking to see if that same douchebag is still moping around. I decide to risk it and try again. Once the chopper shows up, so does the rogue, but he's not disavowed this time so I can't harm him, and he even puts his own bag onto the extraction rope. I load up, and right before the loot is safely dismissed the guy makes his move, attempting to cut the rope.

I hit him with my sticky bomb, my assault rifle, and then my SMG, wasting him and earning my very first rogue kill, unlocking a commendation and a trophy at once.

I'm very certain he was just going for the rope-cutting challenge, because otherwise he would have shocked me again and or at least attempted to fight back. I've heard how one can very rarely encounter rogues with a shred of honor to their names, so I'm guessing I met one.

On the one hand, I despise the guy for the first encounter, but on the other hand, I grudgingly respect him for giving me half a chance.

Of course, now I kind of want to put on another loadout and start actively hunting rogues and improving my PvP skills, but I'm still hesitant for that. We'll see.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:58 AM   #3490
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Watched the past couple James & Mike Mondays, and seeing them play X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse and Maximum Carnage really brought back the nostalgia (never played Apocalypse, but Carnage was an obsession I had back then).

Really want to play them again now, especially since I was never able to beat Carnage as a kid.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:54 AM   #3491
Space Cop
The Dandy

^I didn't have an SNES, so I didn't get to play those. I remember wanting to play MC because I liked Carnage back in his early days when I was reading Spider-man.

Last edited by Space Cop; 07-09-2018 at 03:03 AM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:36 PM   #3492
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I played Maximum on Genesis, so it was definitely an option on there.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:34 PM   #3493
Space Cop
The Dandy

Ah, so it was. Maybe I did play it. I did not own it, for whatever reason.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:43 PM   #3494
buffalorock
Manhunter Repairman

My old roommate was really fond of Maximum Carnage, though my only real gripe was it was single player only.

There was a Captain America game that could be played co-op that I remember liking, though I never beat either one.
buffalorock is offline   Reply With Quote