Green Lantern #47 *Previews/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Three issues. They did the fall of Hal, rise of Parallax, and destruction of the whole GLC and GotU in three issues. Can you imagine? If it were now, that would be a 12 or more maxi-issue event.
    Heck, it probably would have been that THEN, if they hadn't thought it up at the last second and changed gears to cram it in before the landmark 50th issue. It was so last second that Issue 48 was actually delayed an entire month because they had to start it from scratch too late to make the deadline.

In fact, if you think about it, they then decided, in short order, to rework an already planned, universe-wide, multi-issue, HUGE event, to make an expansion on Hal's fall an integral component of it. Zero Hour as originally planned did not involve Parallax at all...

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      If it were now, that would be a 12 or more maxi-issue event.
      Which could possibly have been one of the best stories in comics to date, if done right. Could have been DCs version of the Phoenix Saga almost.
      sigpic
      Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Opportunity lost

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
        Which could possibly have been one of the best stories in comics to date, if done right. Could have been DCs version of the Phoenix Saga almost.
        Yep Maverick, it could have been DC's Dark Phoenix Saga, and could have given DC something that neither they or Marvel have ever had, an established hero that actually went villain or at best antihero before our eyes and stay there. We were told of Charles and Magneto's friendship before but we initially knew him as Magneto. Having Parallax go up against the JLA that he helped form would have made for great story telling, not because he was 'evil' but because he wanted to make things 'better' in a different way than they were willing to accept. Since I don't think that this Parallax is new 52's Hal, it won't have the same gravitas, but DC is in need of Apex (Thanos level) super villains since the Anti-Monitor is one note and Darkseid is 'dead'.

Comment

I could be wrong but I'm guessing this is the Parallax from the old DC Universe that showed up in Convergence

Comment

Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
            I could be wrong but I'm guessing this is the Parallax from the old DC Universe that showed up in Convergence
            it is

Comment

If this is old universe Hal then a showdown with Lois and Clark Superman would be mind blowing as well, since they are both in new 52 space now.

Comment

This issue had good elements, but was not written well, nor was it drawn well. The Parallax thing is cool, but I am not expecting it to pan out to be a satisfying story. Ever since Johns and crew left the books have struggled. The only good story telling was by Van Jensen.

I am glad to see Jim and the family. I am so glad Hal got his haircut, but Jim not wanting his son to have long hair doesn't ring true for someone who grew up and lives in So Cal and near the beach. No matter how straight laced he is, long hair is just excepted here.

I am curious to see if Sonar will actually be a credible villain. It shouldn't be hard to weaponize his skill set better, but he's just been laughable in the past. I think he could be formidable if he's written well.

Comment

Working...
                X