The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Red Lanterns/Warrior/Guy Gardner
FLASHCHAT

Red Lanterns

Old 04-07-2018, 03:49 PM   #1
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Question Guy with ANOTHER Yellow Ring...

No ugly jacket or haircut... just this guy with a yellow ring going man on a mission style. Hunting down a cell of Sinestro Corpsmen using their own weapon? Maybe somebody could be targeting the recently reformed Sinestros/GLs like Space Ape and Guy goes in guns blazing against the wishes of the Guardians?

If TPTB do anything with Guy in the future, rather than another crack at Red Guy what about giving him another yellow ring?

Imagine the idea of somebody like Tom King coming back to the GL side of the universe and telling some 6-12 issue arc. Maybe Greg Rucka since he can tell a gritty story or five.

I'd be game.

- Ω
Old 04-08-2018, 11:52 PM   #2
jhpace1
Corpse Trainee

The writers messed up Guy pretty good with both the yellow and red rings. I hated the "red mullet" days, and depowered Guy as the "Christ-mas Lantern" in the other universe was pretty terrible too.

Guy's worn the green, yellow, red, and violet rings already. I hated his "5 years in the future" story with Guy as a Blue Lantern. It was like ultra-pacifist Guy from the JLI days.

Right now they have Guy as the "angry cop" GL in the GLC. I can live with this, and really don't want to see Guy with another ring - even yellow.
jhpace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:30 PM   #3
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhpace1 View Post
The writers messed up Guy pretty good with both the yellow and red rings. I hated the "red mullet" days, and depowered Guy as the "Christ-mas Lantern" in the other universe was pretty terrible too.

Guy's worn the green, yellow, red, and violet rings already. I hated his "5 years in the future" story with Guy as a Blue Lantern. It was like ultra-pacifist Guy from the JLI days.

Right now they have Guy as the "angry cop" GL in the GLC. I can live with this, and really don't want to see Guy with another ring - even yellow.
I loved Guy with the yellow ring back in the day, in his own title, but that ship has sailed. The yellow ring isn't the same thing as it was back then, and comes with too much Sinestro Corps baggage for me to want to see Guy with it again.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:45 PM   #4
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Guy needs to stay a Green Lantern. I've had more than enough of temp jobs for my GLs to last me a lifetime.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:15 PM   #5
JohnMc
Green Lantern

I'd rather Guy get his Warrior powers back than having him play the power ring equivalent of musical chairs again. It reeks of "We have no idea what to do with this character."
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote