Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full contents:

Comment

Guy doesn't even get a solo story after being absent for the last years? definite pass.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
        Guy doesn't even get a solo story after being absent for the last years? definite pass.
        I knew you were going to say that s soon as I saw the TOC.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          I knew you were going to say that s soon as I saw the TOC.
          Why should I? Every other character gets their own story. Even Cruz and Baz.

Comment

I don't mind Kilowog's presence that much. It makes sense that they gave Guy to Tomasi (the alternative would have been yet another riff on JLI, and that would have felt out of place in a book like this), and Kilowog was a huge part of the Tomasi run.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
              I don't mind Kilowog's presence that much. It makes sense that they gave Guy to Tomasi (the alternative would have been yet another riff on JLI, and that would have felt out of place in a book like this), and Kilowog was a huge part of the Tomasi run.
              If they could give everyone else a solo story as well as a group one then they could have made room for a Guy solo as well. Guy will probably barely be in that story either.

If this was only a $2.00 book I'd swallow that bitter pill, but no way I'm paying $10.00 for my favourite to get shafted.

Comment

If they could give everyone else a solo story as well as a group one then they could have made room for a Guy solo as well.
                That's true.

Guy will probably barely be in that story either.
                That's a leap.

Comment

That's a leap.
                  Considering he's been ignored since HJ&GLC ended you can't blame me for not being hopeful.

Comment

I don't think that Guy in particular has been ignored. It's just that Morrison decided to focus on Hal and Hal alone, while Scott Snyder's Justice League lineup is heavily influenced by the Justice League cartoon, hence John Stewart, and by Super Friends, hence Sinestro.

DC seems to be too busy with all of the new Lanterns in Young Justice, Far Sector and Legion of Superheroes to deal with Guy, Kyle, Alan or Jade. Well, Kyle joined the Titans for a hot minute in 2018 when cancellation of that title must have been a foregone conclusion already. And both Guy and Kyle had one-panel cameos in Heroes in Crisis.

Comment

...And both Guy and Kyle had one-panel cameos in Heroes in Crisis.
                      And we can be thankful they weren't bigger parts because no character who was highlighted by that train wreck was well served. Heck, I love Harley, but her stuff was too Mary Sue even for me.

Comment

I don't think that Guy in particular has been ignored. It's just that Morrison decided to focus on Hal and Hal alone, while Scott Snyder's Justice League lineup is heavily influenced by the Justice League cartoon, hence John Stewart, and by Super Friends, hence Sinestro.

DC seems to be too busy with all of the new Lanterns in Young Justice, Far Sector and Legion of Superheroes to deal with Guy, Kyle, Alan or Jade. Well, Kyle joined the Titans for a hot minute in 2018 when cancellation of that title must have been a foregone conclusion already. And both Guy and Kyle had one-panel cameos in Heroes in Crisis.
                        They should have had roles established for the GLs they already had before making new ones.

Comment

But Geoff needed the royalties he assigned himself by shoehorning his creations into every DC adaptation across all media. That's more important than coherent storytelling or satisfying the preexisting fanbase.

Comment

https://i.imgur.com/PjHCb8B.jpg?1

Aren't a few of these characters dead, or changed? If this is a retro, it's still got several beings out of order.

Comment

Maybe those are just Hal's memories of people, both from his past and from his present? Kinda like the beginning of Emerald Twilight, where his ring created citizens of Coast City based on his memories of them?

Comment

Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 Announced

Once I get some money again, I’ll be ordering this issue off Amazon or eBay.

Sent from my Helio using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X