Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

August 30 Day Comic Book Stuff Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 29 – What comic book issue (that you don’t have) but would like to own?

The Waid/Wieringo Fantastic Four run has been on my list to buy/read for some time now. Its not that I have high expectations, I just keep thinking that I'll be disappointed because I hold the Millar and Hickman runs at such a high level that another cherished run might not take well. Which, admittedly, is odd considering I don't have that kind of favoritism against Batman or Flash stories.

Comment

• August 29 – What comic book issue (that you don’t have) but would like to own?

Hal's first issue; Showcase #22

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        August 27 – Post favorite image that is comic book related (can be either live action, illustrated, animated, etc or all).

Originally posted by W.West View Post
        August 28 – When and/or where do you usually find yourself reading comic books?
        Typically on the train ride to and from work.

August 29 – What comic book issue (that you don’t have) but would like to own?
        X-Men #1

You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

No question. All-Star Comics #3. The birth of my favorite super hero team. I want this even before All-American #16.

Comment

• August 26 – Someone approaches about getting into comic books. What tips, advice and suggestions would you give this person?
            I would first ask what their interests are and what types of characters they’re drawn to: detectives, heroes with abilities, anti-heroes, etc. For established stories, I would suggest that TPB is the way to go instead of collecting massive volumes of books. I would also tell them to avoid Land, Tan and Liefeld art, if possible.

August 27 – Post favorite image that is comic book related (can be either live action, illustrated, animated, etc or all).
            Reeve’s Superman flying around the Earth and then smiling at the camera as he flies away is to me, iconic and captures the essence of Superman.

August 28 – When and/or where do you usually find yourself reading comic books?
            Either on the train when on the road or on my bed when at home.

August 29 – What comic book issue (that you don’t have) but would like to own?
            The holy grail of comics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
              [COLOR="Lime"]The holy grail of comics.

This for me too

Comment

• August 30 – In the movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, there was a pretty fun cocktail party scene. What seven comic book characters would you invite over to a cocktail party for fun, conversation and entertainment?

Iron Man, Jessica Jones, Red Arrow, Wolverine, and Emma Frost so she can laugh at them.

Comment

• August 30 – In the movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, there was a pretty fun cocktail party scene. What seven comic book characters would you invite over to a cocktail party for fun, conversation and entertainment?

The Justice League of America; specifically, I guess Clark, Bruce, Hal, Diana, Barry, Arthur, and maybe Ollie.

Of course, if it was about playing the field, I'd maybe alter that to Arisia, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn (that would be interesting), Catwoman, Mera, and Lois.
                  Space Cop
                  The Dandy
                  Last edited by Space Cop; 08-30-2016, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Uhm probably Spider-Man, Kate Bishop Hawkeye, Kyle, Donna Troy, Tim Drake, Kitty Pryde, and Deadpool for the S&G

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                      August 30 – In the movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, there was a pretty fun cocktail party scene. What seven comic book characters would you invite over to a cocktail party for fun, conversation and entertainment?
                      Tony Stark, Zatanna, Harley Quinn, Deadpool, Dazzler, Wolverine and Mary Jane.
                      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Hal Jordan, Oliver Queen, Tony Stark, Deadpool, Black Canary, Harley Quinn, Zatanna

I have to say that this is a great choice. The amount of times that this cover has been paid homage to is staggering. JLU even paid homage to this cover.

Comment

I'm tempted to just pick the characters that were in the issue of Hulk Peter David wrote for Rick Jones' bachelor party. That issue was hilarious!

Oliver Queen

Guy Gardner

Thor

Fire

Deadman

the Wasp

Tigra

Comment

Working...
                          X