John Stewart as a Darkstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G'nortDoggie88 View Post
    If what they were doing was working, they wouldn't be struggling. It's like when you had Didio claiming that a reboot was needed because sales were going down too much. What I thought was "Wait, if the sales went down on your watch, why are you still sticking around?
    I wonder how much it pained him to pull the plug on his Infinity Man series

Comment

If what they were doing was working, they wouldn't be struggling. It's like when you had Didio claiming that a reboot was needed because sales were going down too much. What I thought was "Wait, if the sales went down on your watch, why are you still sticking around?"
      I'm surprised that Didio still has a job. He hasn't improved DC Comics in any way. WB will have to get fed up of propping up DC financially at some stage.

Comment

Didio has made some bad calls.
        Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
          Baz is Geoff's character. Let him deal with the problem -- just so long as it doesn't involve any sort of REPLACING...
          Not sure what you mean by replacing, but Geoff is a part of the problem IMO. It's like he doesn't know how to develop characters anymore. One character has a trait and he just Flanderizes it. I don't know how he went from the guy on JSA to what he is today or if he was always like that and I didn't notice until later on.

Give 'em the evil look son!

Comment

Originally posted by buffalorock View Post
            I wonder how much it pained him to pull the plug on his Infinity Man series
            Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
            I'm surprised that Didio still has a job. He hasn't improved DC Comics in any way. WB will have to get fed up of propping up DC financially at some stage.
            Not sure what you mean by replacing, but Geoff is a part of the problem IMO. It's like he doesn't know how to develop characters anymore. One character has a trait and he just Flanderizes it. I don't know how he went from the guy on JSA to what he is today or if he was always like that and I didn't notice until later on.
            Sorry for quoting myself; didn't see the multi-quote option. I can only imagine how Infinity Man was like because I tried OMAC and it was uh...eh...
            Couldn't believe he was the same guy on Superboy; I guess Palimotti really made the difference.

What gets me is I heard claims that he was good for DC, but I saw the numbers on CBR and they were higher in 2006 than they are today and the same complaints about dropping sales were being heard back then too. At least they haven't done anything as bad as Cry for Justice in the New 52.

Give 'em the evil look son!

Comment

Or Sentinel.
              I don't get the problem with Sentinel. For the first time in a long time, and arguably for the most since then (unless you count DC getting headlines for making the New 52 version of him a homosexual) Alan was relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                I don't get the problem with Sentinel. For the first time in a long time, and arguably for the most since then (unless you count DC getting headlines for making the New 52 version of him a homosexual) Alan was relevant.
                Well, really the only problem I had with it was that they felt it was necessary make him "Sentinel", instead of having him basically be the same exact character but still be called "Green Lantern". There was no really good reason to take his established title away, that I could see.

Comment

I was against the re-establishment of Earth 2 because the reboot was supposed to simplify everything and make it friendlier to new readers. Anyway re Alan, that could be a blessing in disguise because he can be gay over there but we can keep his backstory as a family man on Earth 1. And *** cough cough Mr Ed** he can make ring constructs over there, and that stuff can be eliminated on Earth 1.

Comment

And *** cough cough Mr Ed** he can make ring constructs over there, and that stuff can be eliminated on Earth 1.
                    You just keep dreaming that that's ever going to happen, Spy.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                      Alan Scott is the ONE character that has more right to the name Green Lantern than ANY other character, Hal included. The fact that they changed his name and took away his ring and lantern because they wanted another character to be the only one was just galling to Alan Scott fans. It made no real sense to do it, and the behind the scenes reason was painfully transparent. Why should Alan's name have to change after six decades to accommodate another character?

Comment

Anyway re Alan, that could be a blessing in disguise because he can be gay over there but we can keep his backstory as a family man on Earth 1.
                        You mean Earth-0.

Comment

And about Alan Scott and Sentinel, I kind of mean everything but the name change. Because that's the important matter.

Comment

Working...
                          X