X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern: Lost Army Sneak Peek

"Chosen"
    NOT his black friend
    Last edited by "Chosen"; 05-13-2015, 05:15 PM.

Is....is this the real Krona?? No more Krona Jr? I'm suddenly really excited to see where this goes, and hope he's actually portrayed correctly again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechinoid View Post
      Is....is this the real Krona?? No more Krona Jr? I'm suddenly really excited to see where this goes, and hope he's actually portrayed correctly again.
      Given that the dialogue boxes talk about him being a "renegade Guardian" and say that he "died trying to destroy the Corps itself" I wouldn't hold my breath for him being portrayed correctly, as that seems to refer directly to the former story line with "Krona-in-name-only".

Then again, he certainly looks the part more, and he IS alive, so maybe it will reveal that all that junk with "KINO" was not REALLY Krona. That'd be hard to reconcile, though, given that the previous story had all kinds of flashbacks that established Krona as a "renegade Guardian", something he never was before.

Comment

DC Sneak Peek: Green Lantern: The Lost Army
        Writer: Cullen Bunn
        Artist: Jesus Saiz
        Available in Convergence: Green Arrow #2 or for free on dccomics.com

Comment

This didn't hook me, don't think I'll be reading it.

Comment

I really like the art, especially the coloring.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              I really like the art, especially the coloring.
              Saiz did the pencils, inks and coloring.

Comment

Saiz does gorgeous work. He's the real coup here for the GL staff. I' more excited for this title than the other two.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                  Saiz did the pencils, inks and coloring.
                  I read the credit, but didn't process that fact till you posted it.

Comment

For the look of krona and particularly its head that looks a bit like the art of syaf (the sins of krona). Now for the story and I think I would say : " bis repetita placent ..."

Comment

I loved the preview. The art is amazing and the premise is intriguing. I'm very happy Cullen Bunn seems to be bringing back the real Krona. I thought Johns totally butchered the character and junked everything that was great about him in favor of totally lame, uninspired stuff. That's really upsetting, too, because Krona is one of the most fascinating aspects of Green Lantern lore, in my opinion.

Here's hoping this series repairs the character and puts him back where he should be. Perhaps this Krona is from a different timeline, or something, and is actually the original one.
                      ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                        This didn't hook me, don't think I'll be reading it.
                        Same here, outside of the art I thought it sucked. When I saw Krona, I had a huge eye roll, I liked how he was handled in Vol. 4.

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
                          Same here, outside of the art I thought it sucked. When I saw Krona, I had a huge eye roll, I liked how he was handled in Vol. 4.
                          So you liked that he was called Krona but had nothing whatsoever to do with any previous appearance of the character over many, many years? I couldn't figure out why they didn't just use a new character if all they were going to use of Krona was the name.

Comment

i got 5 bucks that says what their/there/they're up against are new forms of Shadow Demons

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I enjoyed the preview, and the art is excellent. I like most of Cullen Bunn's so far. This I think makes his third title that I read. I hope the book does well.

Comment

Working...
                              X