Locke & Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
    Saga is fucking awesome. Easily worth the 10 measily bucks you'll spend on the first trade.

And I just finished vol 5: Clockworks a few minutes ago. That was great stuff! I loved seeing how the pieces of the puzzle came together. Damn! I know I'm a Johnny Come Lately on this book, but I wish I showed up to the party just a little bit later. If I wasn't going to be onboard from the beginning (which the fanboy pride in me usually yearns for), it would have been nice to be able to finish the entire thing at once. Now I have to wait for the end of this fantastic series with the rest of you schmucks. What is it now, 3 out of 7 issues out? Or is it 6?
    I'm in the same boat as you. I just discovered this thing two weeks ago.

Now you want to REALLY be pissed?

Watch this and know that FOX said no to it.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

That trailer is great. Such a shame they didn't pick it up. They get all the important elements to get you going right in that 2 minutes. Cast looked fine. Set and props were fine.

Sad that stuff like this doesn't get picked up, but garbage like Birds Of Prey and Arrow do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
        Amen.

So Dave did you read it yet???? I wanna know how much you love it.

Also I've been reading Unwritten. While I don't like it as much as Locke & Key it's damn good stuff and further confirms my belief that Marvel and DC should be telling closed stories instead of open ended serial never ending dreck.
        Been reading The Unwritten since the beginning, and it's consistently been one of the best books on the shelf. I can't remember which issue it was, #8 or #9, about Rudyard Kipling. It's easily one of my favorite single issues of all time.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

I think I'm going to go to the comic shop today to find Omega 1-3. I've gotta read this. NOW.

Comment

Can we turn this into an Image Comics recommendation thread? lol

Morning Glories. Buy. Read. Enjoy Morning Glories.

Comment

Later. For now, people need to see, buy, and read this book. It deserves its own thread.

Fuck, I checked the IDW message boards, and the actual Locke & Key forum is a ghost town. Nobody's posted on it in forever, even with a miniseries currently running and on the shelf.

Comment

Gah, I've been putting off reading Locke & Key for awhile now. All of this praise is rushing it to the forefront.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Just pick up the first trade. You'll be glad you did. Certainly better than anything going on in the nU Shitty Too.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                    Been reading The Unwritten since the beginning, and it's consistently been one of the best books on the shelf. I can't remember which issue it was, #8 or #9, about Rudyard Kipling. It's easily one of my favorite single issues of all time.
                    That was a good'n. I also thought the "Choose Your Own Adventure" issue was clever.

But still...

Locke & Key.

Comment

I think Clockworks might be my favorite miniseries/collection of all of them so far.

In a way, this mini series kind of reminds me of Lost, at least in the format. 6 seasons. 1st is introduction of the characters, set up of plot, and pulling you in with mysteries. 2 through 4 get you deeper into it, answering some mysteries and creating new ones while expanding the mythology. 5 is the time travel season/miniseries where you get most of the answers about the past, and sets you up for the 6th. And that's the last part with the final battle between good guys and bad guys. A lot of similarities in structure between the two.

Comment

I bet the ending of Locke & Key is better.

Comment

I hope so, for your sakes. In the world of entertainment, few things are more annoying than a series that is awesome, but then ends poorly. Especially one that relies, for its awesomeness, on mysteries and such. In that case, a lousy ending can kind of retroactively ruin all the setup.

Sounds, though, like that isn't LIKELY to be the case here. That sort of thing is FAR more likely when the creators either don't have the end in sight from the beginning, or else shift course mid-stream (or aren't given the time to reach the ending they had in view). Doesn't sound like that's the case here.

All the love in this thread really makes me wish that this series were not, pretty explicitly, in a genre that I don't really enjoy.

Comment

I think Clockworks might be my favorite miniseries/collection of all of them so far.

In a way, this mini series kind of reminds me of Lost, at least in the format. 6 seasons. 1st is introduction of the characters, set up of plot, and pulling you in with mysteries. 2 through 4 get you deeper into it, answering some mysteries and creating new ones while expanding the mythology. 5 is the time travel season/miniseries where you get most of the answers about the past, and sets you up for the 6th. And that's the last part with the final battle between good guys and bad guys. A lot of similarities in structure between the two.
                            You just described Morning Glories.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                              I hope so, for your sakes. In the world of entertainment, few things are more annoying than a series that is awesome, but then ends poorly. Especially one that relies, for its awesomeness, on mysteries and such. In that case, a lousy ending can kind of retroactively ruin all the setup.
                              I call it the Boba Fett Principle.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                                Can we turn this into an Image Comics recommendation thread? lol

Morning Glories. Buy. Read. Enjoy Morning Glories.
                                Locke & Key is IDW.

That trailer is great. Such a shame they didn't pick it up. They get all the important elements to get you going right in that 2 minutes. Cast looked fine. Set and props were fine.

Sad that stuff like this doesn't get picked up, but garbage like Birds Of Prey and Arrow do.
                                The only bad thing I heard about the pilot was that it was apparently the entire first trade...which doesn't really give you much rope to work with to create a tv series.

Comment

Working...
                                X