Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you quit reading green lantern comics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you quit reading green lantern comics?

Just want to see and hear how many people out there,for what ever reason have stopped reading GL. I personally havent read much green lantern since the end of blackest night....But I still love and will always love GL.

Never

Comment

I quit reading after Boringest Night.

I've been reading the new GL title though and so far have enjoyed it.

Dreading the Rainbow Brites showing back up at any time though.

Comment

Stopped reading the first time in 1964 (blame the Beatles). Started reading again in 1979 (credit Superman movie). Stopped reading the second time in 1983 (blame college and poverty). Started reading again in July 2011 (credit GL movie). Won't stop reading again.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Originally posted by myuserid View Post
          I quit reading after Boringest Night.

I've been reading the new GL title though and so far have enjoyed it.

Dreading the Rainbow Brites showing back up at any time though.
          boringest night? that is the best you can come up with? the more obvious title would be Lackest Night.

Comment

Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
            boringest night? that is the best you can come up with? the more obvious title would be Lackest Night.
            Lackest Night is a good one.

It doesn't emphasize just how boring it was though.

Comment

It implies to me it lacks excitement

Comment

I started reading Green Lantern regularly in 1985. I've been with it ever since for every issue; with the only exception being for the time during Kyle's run from Hal's funeral issue until the Emerald Knights arc that teamed up Hal and Kyle started. That was my lowest point as a GL fan, where I gave up and finally started buying into Kyle replacing Hal permanently. And even THOSE issues I went back and rebought.

Comment

Originally posted by Evergreen City View Post
                  Stopped reading the first time in 1964 (blame the Beatles)...
                  Nope, unless John told you not to read comics, I won't accept that. I've never even remotely found my Beatlemania impinging my GL fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    Nope, unless John told you not to read comics, I won't accept that. I've never even remotely found my Beatlemania impinging my GL fandom.
                    That because the Beatles sucked.

There. I said it.

Comment

You sir, are a ghoul.

Comment

I loved Blackest Night, but stoped after reading a few of brightest day.

I picked it back up during the War.

Comment

I go through phases of reading comics and not reading them. It was never only the Green Lantern I stopped reading. I sometimes just lose interest in comic books in general, and for some reason I can never pinpoint exactly what it is that causes this. Green Lantern is currently my favorite super hero and comic books series to read.

Comment

CAN'T. STOP.

Actually, after reading 39 of the new 52 #1s, I experienced a little DCnU fatigue. Stopped reading comics altogether for about 3 months including, of course, GL. Then I heard about the guardians and how they deemed the GLC a failure, so back to reading GL I went. haha.

I HATE, HATE, HAAATE Dough Mahnke's art. It's so simple and uninspiring, but for the love of me, I can't stop reading GL. As much as i may hate what Johns does from time to time (including that whole "new guardians" crap, Krona's kink for the emotional spectrum, and Sinestro portrayed like a total pro at the expense of Hal's rep) I can't quit GL!!!

Comment

I keep buying them, but haven't read them in months. I'll probably quit cold turkey this year. Just don't have the time to read them anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X