Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    They also say surprises
    I think that means the occasional Hal or John appearance, once in a while. I'm not sure what else would really be too "surprising."

Also, are they going to further retcon Alan into being an actual member of the GLC? No Starheart? I'm assuming that's what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
      I think that means the occasional Hal or John appearance, once in a while. I'm not sure what else would really be too "surprising."

Also, are they going to further retcon Alan into being an actual member of the GLC? No Starheart? I'm assuming that's what's going on.
      If i was doing it id treat like emerald knights starting from alan scott to kyle as 10 episode chapters for each character each opening has a guardian voice over. I refuse to acknowledge cruz and baz they mean nothing to me. Id also use villains like evil star, major force, sonar, the made of wood killer. I just hope they dont blow there load early by adding the other spectrum colors or make blackest night there first big event. Do a slow build
      TazzMission
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by TazzMission; 10-12-2020, 04:46 AM.
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

...On the not so bright side, the GLC movie isn't any closer to getting made than it was 5 years ago.
        That could be a bright side too. Maybe TPTB in the studios will be much different by the time they roll around on this.

Comment

Shit! I was right. They're going with Gay Alan:

https://deadline.com/2020/10/seth-gr...ax-1234594615/

"The drama will depict the adventures of a multitude of Lanterns, including Guy Gardner, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz and Alan Scott — Earth’s first Green Lantern, who, true to the comics, is a gay man — and many more."
          That's why I wouldn't take that bet. I knew they'd choose gay Alan Scott.

So....
          Alan - gay white blond male
          Jessica - Hispanic brunette female
          Simon - Muslim/black male
          Guy - boorish white American male who always must be stopped by the clear-headedness of the others; but good in a fight

There's the lineup, folks!

Comment

If i was doing it id treat like emerald knights starting from alan scott to kyle as 10 episode chapters for each character each opening has a guardian voice over. I refuse to acknowledge cruz and baz they mean nothing to me. Id also use villains like evil star, major force, sonar, the made of wood killer. I just hope they dont blow there load early by adding the other spectrum colors or make blackest night there first big event. Do a slow build
            The production staff appears to be terrified of kids/teens watching the live-action, then looking down at their comic books and wondering why the characters/stories are not exactly the same. GL has 30+ years to go through before Blackest Night/Brightest Day and the Emotional Spectrum.

I give HBO about six months.

If we don't first get "brand new GL" stories and Jessica's "doubt" plot arc. There will be the usual "integration" and "show-off" stories in the first six weeks, until the actors/actress get the hang of CGI posing. Then it's off to the races. I'm just glad it's too soon for Christmas toys from HBO this year, so we might see some plot buildup before next Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
              The production staff appears to be terrified of kids/teens watching the live-action, then looking down at their comic books and wondering why the characters/stories are not exactly the same.
              Though not so terrified that they didn't see fit to use a version of Alan that is not currently appearing in comics...

Comment

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
                The production staff appears to be terrified of kids/teens watching the live-action, then looking down at their comic books and wondering why the characters/stories are not exactly the same. GL has 30+ years to go through before Blackest Night/Brightest Day and the Emotional Spectrum.

I give HBO about six months.

If we don't first get "brand new GL" stories and Jessica's "doubt" plot arc. There will be the usual "integration" and "show-off" stories in the first six weeks, until the actors/actress get the hang of CGI posing. Then it's off to the races. I'm just glad it's too soon for Christmas toys from HBO this year, so we might see some plot buildup before next Christmas.
                I havent had cable in 4 years. I pirate everything hbo isnt even worth 30 bucks a month. Ok big whoop a live action glc show big deal it is still not worth a hbo max subscription for me. Im more a bang for your buck type of guy. Everything else they offer is on dvd or in reruns on tbs like big bang theory. Snyders justice leauge bleh its going to be the same film i really believe itll disapoint people if im wrong ill own it but now meh really dont care for it. As for kids and teens im sure they watch walking dead . My cousin lets his 5 year old watch game of thrones. Im like dude really? I even called him a fucking idiot but whatever. Im just eh with dc at the moment. They do great with there animated films they had good hits with wonder woman aquaman shazam joker the animated harley series but i heard black adam is pushed back again. The rock signed on in 2007 so for 13 years he was cast to be black adam. Wonder woman 84 is also pushed back so is the batman now till 2022 this year and next is going to suck for theatres
                TazzMission
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by TazzMission; 10-12-2020, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Jessica and Baz and not a trace of Kyle. Wow, Geoff really does have his little weasel hands into this. He wants that residual money, for sure.

Also, how much you want to bet the only reason Alan Scott is in this is because they're going to go with the gay version of him? Think about it. Jessica and Baz there for diversity and women empowerment, Alan there to represent the LGBTQ, and Guy there to be the sole "straight white male" presence... and Guy will probably constantly be made fun of and do goofy things.
                  Nailed it in one. And Guy as the straight White Male he will be the butt of all the jokes and ofcourse be incompetent have to be constantly saved by his lgbt or POC allies.

I am not watching this.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
                    Nailed it in one. And Guy as the straight White Male he will be the butt of all the jokes and ofcourse be incompetent have to be constantly saved by his lgbt or POC allies.

I am not watching this.
                    Yep. Guy constantly being shown the error of his ways or so on and so forth.

Comment

Yes, he’ll just be the paragon of “toxic masculinity.”

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        Yes, he’ll just be the paragon of “toxic masculinity.”
                        And the dreaded white supremacy/privilege. I bet an episode won't go by without Baz and Cruz telling Guy to check his privilege.

Comment

I wonder if the gl suits will be actual suits or cgi again like the 2011 film

Comment

I wonder if the gl suits will be actual suits or cgi again like the 2011 film
                            If I had to bet... I bet real suits but with CGI augmentation. Like, maybe the symbol floats above the chest or something.

Comment

If I had to bet... I bet real suits but with CGI augmentation. Like, maybe the symbol floats above the chest or something.
                              Eh we shall see

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
                                And the dreaded white supremacy/privilege. I bet an episode won't go by without Baz and Cruz telling Guy to check his privilege.
                                And guaranteed they cast a Stifler-type.

Comment

Working...
                                X