No announcement yet.

Green Lantern Vol. 5 #2 *Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great issue and I could sort of see how this new pairing of sin and Hal could lead into a flashback making way for secret origin part 2

Comment

Hal was a total pussy in this issue. That shit's gotta stop!
      The last fan of 1990s comics
      Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

i like how sinestro is trying to teach him. Idk whats happened to hal lol

Comment

Good issue....leaves me wanting more....was too short again....just goes by SOOOO quick.

Comment

This was a pretty mixed issue, I have never been up to the idea of Sinestro carrying the book (never intended to be a regular anyway) and I'm tired of the way Johns has been writing Hal (writing him like a dick and so on). I'm also tired of Johns selfishness, disregarding writers for the sake of his story, doing things that aren't necessary (the words Sinestro and Hero as a GL fan are insulting). Seriously is there a more selfish writer in comic books than Geoff Johns, cause I'm drawing a blank at that question?

Geoff Johns has been the best and worse thing to happen to GL in a long time.
            Mister.Weirdo
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 10-12-2011, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
              Nice issue, I thought Hal was being a dick toward Sinestro, not like he wants to ring! Plus he helped you defeat Krona.
              I'm not sure how Sinestro helping Hal a little bit with one bad guy somehow makes good on Sinestro having murdered trillions upon trillions of lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                I'm not sure how Sinestro helping Hal a little bit with one bad guy somehow makes good on Sinestro having murdered trillions upon trillions of lives.
                Tell that to Geoff Johns.

Comment

I feel kind of mixed about this issue. I like the story because it's interesting and has great potential, but dislike Hal been described so dull. I mean, he just lost his ring, but he still has 5 years long experience about using it, right? I know this is for comparing with Sin, but it's a little over the top.

Still like this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                    Its not that, Hal came off very childish. Like a 3yr old in a day care, 'you have something I want now give it here!" *pouts*

Comment

Its funny how everytime someone mentions sinestro's past the amount of dead jumps to the next -illions number.

A week ago it was billions, now its trillions of trillions.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                        Its funny how everytime someone mentions sinestro's past the amount of dead jumps to the next -illions number.

A week ago it was billions, now its trillions of trillions.
                        Actually, I was going to say it was in the googolplex range. (Although that would probably require his murdering several universes worth of beings. Still, we know he has easy access to at LEAST two universes, so who's to say he hasn't murdered a few more. )

Comment

Ok this is a pretty solid issue, the sad part is that Sinestro words make sense about the lack of unity but then it reminds me of the Star Wars prequels. You can promise unity but end up with tyranny.
                          http://www.facebook.com/gljosh
                          http://gljoshpresents.blip.tv/
                          Originally posted by BatmanofSector2814
                          I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....

Comment

Nice issue, I thought Hal was being a dick toward Sinestro, not like he wants to ring! Plus he helped you defeat Krona. I had no idea that Johns would take this direction with Hal and Sinestro but I really like whats going on. Only problem I had with the issue was that it was a really fast read.
                            Its not that, Hal came off very childish. Like a 3yr old in a day care, 'you have something I want now give it here!" *pouts*
                            Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                            To be fair, Sinestro IS kind of evil. Unless all his misdeeds have been retconned away, he has a history black enough that being a dick to him is pretty excusable, IMHO.
                            Agreed. I didn't think he was being childish or a d###. He's not thrilled with making a deal with the devil, that's understandable.

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                            Hal was a total pussy in this issue. That shit's gotta stop!
                            Yeah, he really shouldn't need to be taking pointers from Sinestro. A lot of GLs seem to think Hal is the best GL ever. At best you can say Sinestro was the best ever and maybe Hal is now. He doesn't exactly need to be taken to school.

Comment

I really like the pairing of Hal and Sinestro like this and Hal being at rock bottom probably can use some help building himself back up. I can't wait to see Hal and Sinestro vs the Sinestro Corps that just sounds awesome! Just thinking about it makes me feel good.
                              No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

This was a great issue. Could have used a little more action, but it's a building issue. I like the direction this is going but I hope that the Sinestro Corps don't get totally destroyed/dismantled. That would suck, hopefully Sinestro whips them into shape and builds a new corps.

toweroffate.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X