Disney/Marvel completed acquisition of Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney/Marvel completed acquisition of Fox

100% completed as of about 17 hours ago.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/03/19/dis...rger-complete/

Is everyone as stoked as I am to see non-shitty X-Men and Fantastic Four movies? With Deadpool, my only wish is that we get some MCU cameos in Deadpool movies and vice versa.
    Yes, I'm happy
    16.67%
    No, I'm not happy
    33.33%
    I dunno what to think
    50.00%

Happy to see the FF and most other Marvel properties come home.

Scared to death that Disney may mishandle Planet Of The Apes. Hoping they let Alien and Predator stay dormant.

Comment

I think it's too late to integrate the mutants into the MCU in a meaningful way. A decent Fantastic Four movie is a possibility, but I don't think it's worth the dangerous monopoly Disney is building. I won't be surprised if this leads to a ton of theaters closing because Mickey demands too big a cut. With Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilms, the Muppets and whatnot, it's been bad enough. But now that they own the Simpsons, James Cameron's Avatar, Deadpool, Aliens, Predator and too many other franchises to list, it's dark.
      And you can joke about the quality of Avatar as much as you want, it's still a massive commercial success, and you kid yourself when you think that its sequels won't be.

Comment

^I don't care about Avatar (just on personal taste), but I do agree that this is bad for the industry.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 03-21-2019, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Oh, I don't like it either. But it's a massive franchise.

Comment

It begins:

Nicole Sperling writes:

Shocker: Just learned that Elizabeth Gabler and her Fox 2000 unit, the film division behind such films as #HiddenFigures, #LoveSimon and #TheHateUGive, will not be making the move to Disney. Reversal of Disney's original plan announced in October. Wowza. What a loss.

Comment

As Layoffs Arrive, Disney and Fox Staff Voice Frustrations
              Indeed, Disney hasn't disclosed the number of jobs that would be lost — and that has yet to change. Analysts estimate 4,000-10,000, though several employees say the number being floated among people in the know is closer to 3,000.

Comment

i don't know how to feel about this, yes on one head the X-Men and FF are coming home BUT on the other head Disney if they wanted to (and they will) now control what kids think about this or that

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I'm less worried about what Disney will do with these franchises, as they will do what they always do, find the most profitable possible property and make that. I'm more worried about the layoffs, mostly because in 99% of the mergers I've ever watched closely. What generally happens is the buying company lays off people from the bought company if they have a already existing counterpart in the buying company and that person takes over both positions if that's possible. So a lot of the people who know and understand the business 21st Century Fox was doing, the deals they had in place the talent they pulled from, and the franchises they controlled are going to be booted. With people who have no idea what is going on, from Disney, are going to be taking over, and for at least 5 years we will be seeing a shit show out of New Fox.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

You don't think all these employees getting laid off are getting the mother of all severance packages?

And if Fox had been making good movies that consistently made a lot of money, they wouldn't have even considered selling. They didn't so they did.

Comment

Working...
                    X