Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You Happy With The Current Direction Of The GL Franchise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    quitting GL would mean quitting comics for me.

Same here.
    A.A.F.A.D.

"Damn that Sorcerer! 20 gold pieces and I'm wankered on Rohypnol!"

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      I have to know what's happening with them whether I approve of it or not.
      Wikipedia.
      The last fan of 1990s comics
      Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
        Wikipedia.
        Yeah, but it's not the same. I would compare it to a sports fan who has to watch all the games of their team even when they're playing lousy.

Comment

That's called a sickness.

The other thing is that comics are ludicrously expensive nowadays.
          The last fan of 1990s comics
          Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Possibly. I have other obsessive habits.
            But, as I've posted, I'm not unhappy. I don't feel forced to but the GL titles. I still find it enjoyable to read and collect them.

I suppose Larfleeze is the furthest from completely enjoyable but even that I don't feel like it's a chore to read "oh no, that one is up next."
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 02-21-2014, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I get that. I mean it is logical. I mean no one wants to quit Green Lantern,but howelse do you really get the message across?
              Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

I'm not happy nor satisfied with the current direction. I find it hard to motivate myself to even read the books from anticipation of something beyond stupid, like the emotional reservoir fiasco. To make matters worse, Hal is being made out to be a terrible leader of the Corps, void of any skills to band the group together to defeat inferior foes.

After Brightest Day, I was hoping all of the rainbow corps stuff (which was cool for Blackest Night), minus the Sinestro corps would retreat to their own little corners of the universe, never to be heard from again, and that probably would have worked best for the books, but I digress.

They need to get rid of all the rainbow books and consolidate down to three titles: GL with Hal, GL Corps with Guy and Kyle and give John a chance in his own title... and kill off Simon Says, err Baz.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post

They need to get rid of all the rainbow books and consolidate down to three titles: GL with Hal, GL Corps with Guy and Kyle and give John a chance in his own title... and kill off Simon Says, err Baz.
                  This scenario right here? I'd be SO happy to have it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                    See I don't think the problem lies with either the number of books or the amount of characters what it boils down to is poor story telling. A great writer can make any concept work, unfortunately there aren't too many of those at DC at the moment.

Looking at the poll I'm kinda surprised that there are so many people dissatisfied with the status quo, I was under the impression that it was more favorably received around these parts for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                      I get that. I mean it is logical. I mean no one wants to quit Green Lantern,but how else do you really get the message across?
                      Start an on-line petition drive? Besiege the DC offices with chain letters? Take out a full-page ad in the New York Times? Get local media to cover a protest march in front of the San Diego Comic Con? Block the freeway at rush hour? Don't get me started.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Once again you have outfanned me.lol.
                        Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Originally posted by Evergreen City View Post
                          ... Block the freeway at rush hour? Don't get me started.
                          I have a governor's office that could help with that.

Comment

Didn't care for the Relic storyline, Hal as corps leader is the hand the writers were dealt by John's departure storyline. I like Tan more than any of the other current Lantern artists, however I prefer the GLC storylines more than the main titles ones. The GLC writers seems to have said what were the best things about GL franchise during the Johns era? For me in GL, the Sinestro Corps Wars. It is my favorite modern tale by a mile, this generation's Great Darkness Saga, that spawned a fleet of t-shirts, a GL family of books and made Johns DC's golden boy. What was my favorite GLC storyline, though I loved Tomasai's work my favorite arc was the Corpse storyline. GLC has both of those strands, the Sinestro Corps, and the Corpse in it's current storylines, and on top of that they have Arisia. I want the main title to get more involved with all three of those threads or find something that excites me as much.

Comment

How can emotions run out? well maybe on the planet vulcan ....but even they feel.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Evergreen City View Post
                                Start an on-line petition drive? Besiege the DC offices with chain letters? Take out a full-page ad in the New York Times? Get local media to cover a protest march in front of the San Diego Comic Con? Block the freeway at rush hour? Don't get me started.
                                some of which was tried during the "Return of the Parkers/ Clone Saga" -storylines w/Spiderman, and they did JACK & SQUAT.

the only way to affect change as a fan is to wait for somebody to leave the office, bumrush them at some point, and try to be.......convincing.
                                *evil grin*

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Working...
                                X