The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > The Green Lantern
FLASHCHAT

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps

Old 12-13-2018, 06:05 PM   #26
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

WWWOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2018, 06:14 PM   #27
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Btw, I enjoyed the bit of Hal and the bird alien playing good cop bad cop with the spider alien. That was fun.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:45 PM   #28
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
Ha ha! Exactly! I guess if Kyle had never dipped his toe into Godmode waters, Ion might never have become a Green Lantern fan. He'd still be watching Airbender cartoons lol.
................................. your not wrong, Kyle becoming ION the 1st time is what got me back into GL

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:57 PM   #29
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

I'm enjoying the new direction but I'll be interested to see how sales are over time, I could easily see newer fans turned off by Morrison's take as it is a pretty big change from what we've had in the modern era.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:47 PM   #30
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

It really is different than what readers who came in for and after the Johns era would expect. Or really decades before that. There is a pseudo silver age feeling that is going on here with whacky ideas, and less drama between characters. More plot driven than character driven. Like you say, time will tell if audiences want to stay with this tone for the next few years. I hope they do anyway. I've had enough of the type of stories we've gotten since Blackest Night to last me the rest of my life.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:04 PM   #31
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
no i will not be doing that, in that book he's just an Lantern nothing more everything less, til they Make Kyle Great Again I'M OUT
It's a mediocre book to be sure, but he's drawn well at least. He's already mentioned getting back to the Source Wall and helping the Corps, so I doubt that he stays in this title for an extended period of time. I'm not sure how this Blood Cult arc will play out, but as a fellow Kyle aficionado, I can recommend it as a read when you come across it, even if you don't purchase it now.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:16 PM   #32
BLACK HAND
Green Lantern Initiate

I'm loving this new run on GL; currently my favorite monthly comic on the stands. I love all the wacky aliens and details thrown in; these crazy sci-fi dense concepts that could never work anywhere else. It's GL perfection; I love that pseudo-silver age feel.
BLACK HAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:18 AM   #33
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

This run started right as Green Arrow was coming to an end, and given the writer I decided to give it a shot. Talk about a good choice! I haven't enjoyed a Green Lantern comic in well over a decade, but this series has been insanely good. It almost felt like the early 90's fare that I enjoyed so much as a kid. I'm not entirely caught up, yet, but if the rumors of it ending are true, I'm gonna be quite disappointed.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:20 AM   #34
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrylakks View Post
This run started right as Green Arrow was coming to an end, and given the writer I decided to give it a shot. Talk about a good choice! I haven't enjoyed a Green Lantern comic in well over a decade, but this series has been insanely good. It almost felt like the early 90's fare that I enjoyed so much as a kid. I'm not entirely caught up, yet, but if the rumors of it ending are true, I'm gonna be quite disappointed.

Sounds like it's just... taking a break? Or morphing into something else, ala Batman, Inc.?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:07 PM   #35
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

IIRC they were taking a couple months off so Liam Sharp could get ahead on the next batch of 12 issues. I think something is coming out in between to fill the gap of the two runs. And I am still fuzzy if the second run or "season" will be issues 13-24, or 1-12 of a differently named title. I would think "The Green Lantern" would continue so they can market a nice omnibus after Morrison leaves.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:22 PM   #36
HalFingJordan
Alpha-Lantern

This comic sure makes me miss Geoff Johns. Still, much better than the years we had to suffer of bloody Kyle Rayner.

INVISIBLE SKY DADDY TO THE RESCUE!!!

You don't have to be stupid to believe in God. But it helps.

You can tell a Yorkshireman....but you can't tell him much.
HalFingJordan is offline   Reply With Quote