The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics
Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 04:03 PM   #526
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
I'm not saying DC's films will be better (believe me, I know they still have a lot to prove) but I'm just saying in terms of my interest level I have to go with DC's slate. We'll be seeing big characters like WW, Flash, Aquaman, and other popular DC characters on the big screen for the first time and not to mention finally the JUSTICE LEAGUE! And to me that is a hell of a lot more exciting than Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, another boring Thor film, etc. Sure I'm gonna go see all these films but I'm starting to feel a little burnt on marvel films and I'm ready for DC to step in and give us something fresh. People keep saying DC should be like Marvel and I think the exact opposite, I want DC's films to be different than marvel's because that's what I think will make them even more special and unique.

Oh and you said Green Lantern is the "perfect example" but let's be honest here, it is the only example. lol I'm willing to give WB and DC a shot to finally prove themselves and show what they can do. So here's to hoping these upcoming DC films are amazing!
hey same here in regards to giving dc a chance. i have been on record saying its about time there taking a gamble bu the only thing to me is 4 of there announced films should be in the 2017 mark

what dc needs is someone who can carefully shape mold and build there dccu instead of either rushing it or a release date that is 6 years from now

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:45 PM   #527
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
I guess I'm just being a DC fanboy here but DC's movies slate >>>>> Marvel's
I hear where you're coming from, but DC is till an unknown for me. I was really disappointed with Man of Steel and very disappointed with the casting of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. I'm really not excited by a Shazam film, and there was not listing for either a Superman or Batman stand alone film. I'm cautiously optimistic about the DC Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castle View Post
I love Blunt, but I wonder if she is too old to start a franchise? I would think they would like at least 3 standalone movies, which could well go into 2025 and further, but it sounds like they've always wanted her, so might not care about that. If they cast her then it's awesome anyway.
Yeah, I think age would be a concern for Blunt. But she was pretty awesome in Edge of Tomorrow and as well in Looper. I think she'll fit in well. If I were to go outside the boxing thinking, I'd like to see Paula Patton as Captain Marvel because she's so attractive and proved she can do action flicks like Mission Impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I'm a bit disappointed. I wish they had more faith in Hulk and Black Widow to carry a movie.
Quote:
I thought we would get a Planet Hulk, but I guess it just doesn't fit into the plans, too bad.
I part of me thinks/hope there will be a Planet Hulk but they weren't ready to announce it yet as it may spoil the event of Avengers 2: Age of Ultron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
So, can anyone explain the whole "Captain America: Serpent Society" thing for me? I mean, I'm guessing I just missed something, but...

I had to Wiki Captain America: Serpent Society and found it's related to an 80's storyline.

Initially when I saw the subtitle, I thought of the Red Skull's daughter, Sin.

Old 10-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #528
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I'm a bit disappointed. I wish they had more faith in Hulk and Black Widow to carry a movie.
he works better as a supporting charachter because say you get a solo movie do you just focus mainly on the hulk green monster for 2 hours or just doctor banner as a human? a solo movie wont balance the two alter egos

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-29-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #529
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

The incredible hulk with Ed Norton did a pretty good job of balancing the 2.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #530
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Plus if they go with the Planet Hulk storyline then they don't even really need to focus on Bruce all that much or at all.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:01 PM   #531
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
I had to Wiki Captain America: Serpent Society and found it's related to an 80's storyline.

Initially when I saw the subtitle, I thought of the Red Skull's daughter, Sin.

Oh, no, I know who they are and what the mentioning of them implies, but I was under the impression that the next Captain America flick would revolve around Civil War? How does the Serpent Society factor in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
he works better as a supporting charachter because say you get a solo movie do you just focus mainly on the hulk green monster fr 2 hours or just doctor banner as a human? a solo movie wont balance the two alter egos

I beg to differ:

Old 10-29-2014, 05:06 PM   #532
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
The incredible hulk with Ed Norton did a pretty good job of balancing the 2.
meh i have to say as much as i love norton i didnt care for the 2008 hulk. he just dosent scream solo franchise me. again thats just my opinion

Old 10-29-2014, 05:20 PM   #533
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:

Delivered? GOTG didn't just deliver, it beat the most iconic superhero in Superman with his latest film MOS. A talking tree and raccoon made more money at the box office than Superman. If people aren't concerned about projects after that, then something is wrong. BVS has to really nail it, especially since the film after it is Suicide Squad, which is not going to draw the same number at all good or bad.

with batman v superman i really do believe it may make wb 1 billion dollars just on the name alone. now the story very well can be crap for all we know but people have been dying to see such a fight happen. i personally loved man of steel even though i found the flashbacks annoying at times and thought it was one of the best versions since the first 2 donner films.

im not saying i work for the movie industry or wb or dc or for snyder bla bla bla but from a point of view they should have wonder woman flash green lantern and cyborg come out in the same year of 2017 that way it can lead into Justice League . shazam will be an interesting charachter because the question remains will he be involved in jla pt2? or will he be his own seperate universe who will maybe spinoff other dc charachters with powers?

Old 10-29-2014, 05:42 PM   #534
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 10-29-2014, 05:48 PM   #535
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

LOL
Old 10-29-2014, 05:50 PM   #536
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Ooh I'll definitely read that

Old 10-29-2014, 06:02 PM   #537
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
Oh, no, I know who they are and what the mentioning of them implies, but I was under the impression that the next Captain America flick would revolve around Civil War? How does the Serpent Society factor in?

According to this video, Feige says the Serpent Society was a joke.

Here's an article with a little more detail:

Quote:
There seems to be some confusion about just what happened today when Marvel Studios announced the title of their upcoming, third Captain America film.

At the start of their announcement slate, every fan on the Internet was waiting for the announcement that the film would be called Civil War. The rumors had recently leaked and, as we saw with the Age of Ultron trailer over the weekend, Marvel is having some trouble keeping their ship watertight, so people assumed the stories to be true.

Kevin Feige stepped onto the stage and threw everyone for loop, announcing that in May of 2016, fans would be treated to Captain America: Serpent Society.

In the spirit of The Winter Soldier, then, Serpent Society would be named after its antagonists: a team of Marvel Comics villains who shared a common snake motif. Most of them were Captain America villains anwyay, and he often squared off with them. So did S.H.I.E.L.D., which played a key role in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Except, of course, that it didn't happen. Marvel would later reverse the announcement, saying that, yes, it was Captain America: Civil War.

Of course, with hundreds of people liveblogging the presentation, there was bound to be some confusion.

"We had this great idea because Civil War's first up, right?" Feige told reporters at a Q&A after the presentation. "But we don't blow our wad on the presentation with Civil War right at the front of it. A guy named Mike Pasciullo had the idea to put Serpent Society on there, and I thought it was awesome and hilarious. A part of me thought, 'Are people going to love Serpent Society and think that'd be really cool?'"

He joked, "Now it's on the radar."
Old 10-29-2014, 06:33 PM   #538
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
Ooh I'll definitely read that
good choice! I think U can still find a copy in most LCSs, even to this day.........

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:53 PM   #539
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

All these rehashing past stories is just gonna flood the market those months and make it impossible for DC to push anything on shelves.

For the record, I'd have been cool with Capt. A going against the Serpent Society on film. A lot of underrated characters in there including Constrictor [probably one of my favorite 6th string Marvel characters].

~KL~
Old 10-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #540
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:
I love Blunt, but I wonder if she is too old to start a franchise? I would think they would like at least 3 standalone movies, which could well go into 2025 and further, but it sounds like they've always wanted her, so might not care about that. If they cast her then it's awesome anyway.
too old? RDJ was 43-ish when he took on the role of Stark, and that guy they got to play T'challa is 37, and shes only 2 yrs older than Johansson playing BW.

FTR, Im fine w/Blunt as Carol; I *still want* Yvonne Strahovski in that role, but Blunt looks like she can play tuff & serious chic while looking enuff like her, and thats most important to me.

Quote:
I don't understand why people want a BW film though, I find her not that interesting and what we do see of her in other peoples films is already enough, I feel the same way about Hawkeye. Giving them their own movies each would soon expose their character.
simple answer? we can do w/having more kickbutt leads that are female, and having her do a solo mish w/o much backup would let them flesh out the character on-screen..........as long as they dont have her "playing mommy" like they did Man-Face playing Elektra.

Quote:
Delivered? GOTG didn't just deliver, it beat the most iconic superhero in Superman with his latest film MOS. A talking tree and raccoon made more money at the box office than Superman. If people aren't concerned about projects after that, then something is wrong. BVS has to really nail it, especially since the film after it is Suicide Squad, which is not going to draw the same number at all good or bad.
just becuz that shit-tastic film made a couple of metric tons more moolah than MoS, doesnt mean MoS was a bad film, obscure the fact that it was pretty well recieved, OR mean the movie audience will now ignore the next cinematic offering.

it just means that the GL in BvsS: DoJ will likely be.....

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #541
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Am I the only one that really isn't all that giddy over Emily Blunt?

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
Old 10-29-2014, 07:03 PM   #542
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

No.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #543
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
All these rehashing past stories is just gonna flood the market those months and make it impossible for DC to push anything on shelves.

For the record, I'd have been cool with Capt. A going against the Serpent Society on film. A lot of underrated characters in there including Constrictor[probably one of my favorite 6th string Marvel characters].
agreed & co-signed, however we havent really see too many characters w/freakish appearances on Earth in the MCU, and given the current cinema trend to NOT be as comicbook-y as possible, I kinda fear for how they'd all be whitewashed w/normal paint to appease those masses (especially given how vast & visual their powers were, and remembering how low key on the powers scale Caps enemies have been to-date.)

Tazer

Quote:
Old 10-29-2014, 07:18 PM   #544
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

FTR, Im fine w/Blunt as Carol; I *still want* Yvonne Strahovski in that role, but Blunt looks like she can play tuff & serious chic while looking enuff like her, and thats most important to me.[/COLOR]

Tazer

Sup.

Yvonne Strahovski was an early favorite of mine to be Carol Danvers as I was a big fan of Chuck, so I'd be happy with that choice.

But I want Marvel to shock the world with Paula Patton for Carol as she looks good in a black bathing suit too.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:35 PM   #545
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

I'd watch the hell out of a Paula Cotton Captain Marvel film.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:44 PM   #546
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

No love for Kate Hudson?
Old 10-29-2014, 07:46 PM   #547
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Judging by people's comments on here, she would be deemed by many to be too old, practically a senior citizen at 35.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #548
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

I think she could work. She has a big enough personality I think, just been awhile since I've seen her in anything.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:07 PM   #549
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
But I want Marvel to shock the world with Paula Patton for Carol as she looks good in a black bathing suit too.

http://www.rpad.tv/wp-content/upload...a-Patton-2.jpg

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/...xk3ro1_400.jpg
I just *cant* see her as Carol.........but Id have no prob w/her playing Jessica Drew, aka:

Tazer

Quote:
Old 10-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #550
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
No love for Kate Hudson?
I didn't give Kate Hudson much of a thought. Last time I saw her, she was guest starring on Glee. My wife told me she got a boob job. I could see her as Captain Marvel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

I just *cant* see her as Carol.........but Id have no prob w/her playing Jessica Drew, aka:

Tazer
Sup.

Does Marvel Studios have the rights to Spider-Woman or does Sony since they have Spider-Man?