X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :Moderator:

Originally posted by Lord Infamous View Post

Saw it again but in 3D this go round
    Saw it in 3D. It was a fun ride the whole way through, pretty much everything you could want from a Mad Max film. The 3D was quite well done as well, didn't bother my eyes like some other movies (The Hobbit being a prime example). Going to see it again with my dad next week.
    sigpic
    Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

• Best Seller (1987)

"Remember, I'm the hero."

Predator 2 (1990)

"You can't see the eyes of the demon, until him come callin'."

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Lord Infamous View Post
        Wasn't any difference outside of a few things popping out at you like a harpoon that almost takes out Zoe Kravitz and a guitar

It was the same price as a regular ticket so no big loss
        ahhh, well then *that* being the case I hope ya enjoyed the "pop outs"........

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• GI Jane (1997)

"Pain is your friend, your ally, it will tell you when you are seriously injured, it will keep you awake and angry, and remind you to finish the job and get the hell home. But you know the best thing about pain? . . . It lets you know you're not dead yet!"

The Rocketeer (1991)

"Jenny, prepare yourself for a shock: I'm the Rocketeer.
          -The Rocke-who?"
          Space Cop
          The Dandy
          Last edited by Space Cop; 05-29-2015, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• The Beast [of War] (1988)

"Out of commission, become a pillbox. Out of ammo, become a bunker. Out of time, become heroes."

Watched this (along with some family) on the recommendation of a couple people here. It was pretty darned good for a movie that slipped under my radar for 27 years.

Good Guys Wear Black (1978)

"5:30? In Washington, they're still out to lunch then.
            -They're always out to lunch in Washington."
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 05-30-2015, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• Moonrise Kingdom (2012)

"That's a loaded question."

Aside from the "Snoopy" issue, and how fucking annoying the two main kids are (most of the kids are frankly annoying), I found this to actually be fairly amusing. Not brilliantly funny, but certainly very wry and sly and quite clever. Wes Anderson really made a cult hit with this.
              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Journey to the Seventh Planet (1962)

"The year is 2001. Life is changed now. The planet Earth is no longer racked by wars and threats of annihilation. Man has learned to live with himself. The United Nations is the sole governing body of the world, and the great hunger now, is for knowledge. All the planets near the Sun, including Saturn, have been explored and chartered by the U.N. Space Fleet . . ."

Not a particularly good B sci-fi. Besides the fact that everyone refers to the planet as "Your-uh-ness," the threat just isn't that threatening.

================================================

Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion (1996)

"For we are many."

Comment

• I Spit on Your Grave (1978)

"It won't stop bleeding!"

============================================

We Were Soldiers (2002)

"One more thing, dear Lord, about our enemies, ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to Hell. Amen."
                  Space Cop
                  The Dandy
                  Last edited by Space Cop; 06-02-2015, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Still Alice

Julianne Moore plays a woman that is near the top of her field of linguistics and a professor at Columbia when she discover she has a rare disease that causes early onset familial Alzheimer.

The film follows Julianne's character over a period of a few years. It's a very sad movie of watching a person's mental strength, personality and capacity fade away.

3/5
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Selma- This is about Dr. Martin Luther King's quest to secure equal voting rights for Blacks in the South. This was great and a harsh reminder of the civil rights struggle for Blacks.

I love movies about Black history because it shows where we came from, the trials and hardships endured and how far we've progressed as a people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        I Spit on Your Grace
                        Say what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                          Say what?
                          Good catch. Fixed.

Comment

• Space Cop, his family and his friends, all sit down to dinner one night.

But before they can eat, before they can even say grace, She spits on their grace!

Comment

• A Werewolf Boy (2012)

"Wait."

In the 60s, a Korean teen has to move with her family to the country for her health. When she meets a feral boy who acts like a wolf, naturally she trains him like a dog.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                "It won't stop bleeding!"

Comment

Working...
                                X