• Earth 2 #4—Spoilers—

Earth 2 #4

0.00%
    0.00%
    20.00%
    80.00%
    0.00%

Anyway, I thought it wasn't bad.

The dialogue is still strained (not Robinson's strength). E.g., Hawkgirl says she's not going with the Atom/the military and she'll die first. He replies that it doesn't matter what she wants, but she never said what she wants. She said it wasn't going to happen.

The fight was pretty cool. I like Grundy, but it's a shame he seems to have lost his first name and therefore the rhyme. Guess it doesn't matter since he doesn't seem to have much to do with the old SG.

Comment

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it.
      The last fan of 1990s comics
      Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

I really liked this issue, i liked the balance of the characters aswell. It was a fun read
        "Not to call you a coward, master, but, sometimes, cowards do survive."

Comment

Alan Scott giving the shoryuken to Grundy was awesome. I am digging the all Green costume of Green Lantern.

Comment

The dialogue is killing this series. I read Sonic the Hedgehog every month and its not nearly as bland and obvious as this is.

Comment

yeah West it's the "dialogue" that's killing the series and nothing else (HA! said it before Dave could )

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                yeah West it's the "dialogue" that's killing the series and nothing else (HA! said it before Dave could )
                The changes including Alan's sexuality were dumb but the dialogue keep it from being really enjoyable anyway.

Comment

The Atom single splash page was awesome.

Comment

I'm loving Atom.

Comment

Pretty good issue. Im anxious to read the issue with Steppenwolfe and the last amazon in it. Id like to see if the 4th or 5th world are still on the outside of all things.

Comment

It was okay. I don't think losing the ryming thing with Grundy is a big deal. It's really not a part of this characetr at all and I don't think it's popular enough to keep up.

I have very little issue with the changes to characters. Mainly because these are not the same characters I've been reading about for about 20 years. If it was the old Alan suddennly discovering his sexuality or something, I'd hate it. But this is a whole new guy.

The one weak point (and it's pretty weak) is the obvious connection to the Animal man / Swamp Thing books. In one sense it makes sense. Grundy was always kind of a zombie. Alan has that wood weakness and a plant connection goes a long way to justifying it. But the timing is terrible and it just makes the book look unoriginal.

Comment

If people want to still discuss these issues individually, I'll make another thread for the next issue (a little late for #5 now). I wasn't sure if we were talking about it enough.

Anyway, I liked Alan's role here and I hope his hero's challenge is short lived (that he's not tempted/fooled to be selfish for very long).

Comment

Working...
                          X