Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah the animated movies do seem to want to ape the look feel etc from the nU52 era of DC. Not their best material.

Comment

• Capullo signed a new contract with DC, has more work planned with Snyder.

Comment

• ^Probably not Batman related, I wonder if it is another Metal type event.

I do like Capullo's artwork, I'm glad he gets steady work, though I am not that much into Scott Snyder at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
          The comic books have become a petri dish to test new approaches and new characters. If it works, like Falcon as Cap or Aaron's Thor run with Jane Foster holding the hammer, it'll get turned into a series or billion dollar movie. If it doesn't, like Totally Awesome Hulk or the Lee Price Venom, then it will get replaced by a different approach.

Disney won't want to lose that, even if comic books aren't as profitable as they used to be.
          Yeesh, neither one of those experiments could be considered Marvel's finest hour. They took one of their smartest characters and made him a horny Hulk who started off by losing his pants in front of a toddler. I thought Harley Quinn taking a bath with a little girl was an uncomfortable visual, but Marvel took their own swing at cringeworthy humor. Who thought that was a good use of Amadeus Cho?

And I've never understood why Marvel hated their own success with Venom. The company has always tried to create new "Venoms" instead of making new symbiote characters. The issue where Eddie got the symbiote back was a huge seller, and since then it's been outselling many of their regular titles.
          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• The biggest problem is that the various editors didn't check each other's plans, and we got substitute hero stories across the board all at once. But we can't categorically block all character replacements either. Otherwise, we might miss the next John Stewart, the next Barry Allen or, to stay within the Marvel universe, the mext Flash Thompson as Agent Venom. Who had a really strong run.

Comment

• I don't know how the constant use of substitute hero as a crutch for sales over the last 25 years hasn't killed all remaining interest in the hobby for readers. It's pushed me away from many of my childhood favorites permanently over the years.

Comment

• TALES FROM THE DARK MULTIVERSE: INFINITE CRISIS #1

Writer James Tynion IV (Justice League, Justice League Dark) and artists Aaron Lopresti (Wonder Woman) and Matt Ryan (Damage) team up with cover artist Lee Weeks for this dark turn on DC’s mega-event Infinite Crisis. The destruction of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, the rise of Alexander Luthor and Superboy-Prime, and the rebirth of the Multiverse all began with Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle. Kord saw it all coming and died with secrets that could have saved the world. But in the Dark Multiverse, Blue Beetle survives, and with the death of Maxwell Lord by his hand, Ted sets off events that irreversibly alter the lives of not only the Justice League, but also his best friend, Booster Gold. In trying to prevent a crisis, Blue Beetle becomes the crisis, and the Dark Multiverse will never be the same. A $1 reprint of the original Infinite Crisis #1 will also be available when this 48-page one-shot goes on sale November 27, also for $5.99.

Comment

• So DC found another way to go back and sh*t on Ted Kord Blue Beetle again? No thanks.

Comment

• Soooooo bored. I really like Tynion, but maaaaaan.....

Comment

• Corrupted by The Batman Who Laughs, Six DC Heroes Become Nightmares for Batman and Superman

Corrupted by The Batman Who Laughs, Six DC Heroes
                      Become Nightmares for Batman and Superman

Shazam!, Hawkman, Supergirl, Blue Beetle and More
                      Transform Into the World’s Finest’s Worst Enemies

Sina Grace, Joe Bennett, Dennis Hopeless and Freddie Williams II
                      Deliver Two Spectacular November One-Shots

Robert Ventitti, Pat Olliffe, Marc Andreyko and Eduardo Pansica
                      Tackle Tie-Ins Revealing Infections from DC’s Dark Multiverse
                      Six corrupt versions of DC’s Super Heroes are coming to terrorize Earth this November and December, as DC today teased early details of a series of six comics running parallel to the story unfolding in Batman/Superman by writer Joshua Williamson and artist David Marquez. Each one-shot or tie-in special spotlights a corrupt version of Shazam!, Supergirl, Hawkman and more, known within the DC Universe as The Infected. These six issues star DC’s beloved heroes, revealed to be secretly infected by The Batman Who Laughs with a toxin that violently transforms them into the worst versions of themselves. Their buried frustrations and pent-up anger will boil to the surface, unleashing dangerous results.

Kicking off these spotlight, one-shot issues is The Infected: King Shazam! #1 on November 6th by writer Sina Grace (Iceman, Go Go Power Rangers) and artist Joe Bennett (The Terrifics, The Immortal Hulk), to be followed by The Infected: Scarab #1 on November 20th, written by Dennis "Hopeless" Hallum (Sea of Stars, The Astonishing Spider-Man) with art by Freddie E. Williams II (Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, He-Man/Thundercats). Both issues will feature covers by David Marquez and Dean White. One is a story of a hero whose soul has been turned black and who has something to prove to the old guard, the other a tale of a hero fighting the evil inside him, with his friends and family about to pay the price…and then some.
                      While fans got hints of The Infected in The Batman Who Laughs by Scott Snyder and Jock and have seen the brutality of a jacked-up, Dark Multiverse-infected Shazam! in previews of Batman/Superman, the scope of the deadly pathogen unleashed by The Batman Who Laughs, himself a twisted Dark Multiverse version of Bruce Wayne, has yet to be realized.

Rounding out November are The Infected tie-in issues Hawkman #18 on November 13th, written by Robert Venditti with art by Pat Olliffe and Tom Palmer, and Supergirl #36 on November 13th, written by Marc Andreyko with art by Eduardo Pansica and Julio Ferreira. Hawkman #18 cover art is by Tyler Kirkham while Supergirl #36 cover art is by Dan Mora.
                      Through all this, neither Superman nor Batman know who's been infected, they don't know who has turned, and they don't know who's a sleeper agent for The Batman Who Laughs. Can they even trust each other? All six of The Infected will be revealed when Batman/Superman #4 by Joshua Williamson and David Marquez, with an acetate cover by Emanuela Lupacchino, hits shelves on November 27th!
                      The final two victims of The Batman Who Laughs’ toxins, no spoilers here, will hit shelves with spotlight one-shot issues of their own in December 2019. Pick up The Batman Who Laughs (HC) by Scott Snyder and Jock along with Batman/Superman #1 by Joshua Williamson and David Marquez on August 28th at your local comic shop for clues to who the other two heroes turned by The Batman Who Laughs’ influence might be!

Comment

• DC Comics November 2019 Solicitations

Comment

• Tom Taylor has another DC project lined up.

Comment

• Not much in there that interests me outside of collected editions from better days. Of note:

5th issue of the relaunched Gerard Way Doom Patrol is a fill in. Not a good sign. I thought the 1st issue was terrible and am hoping for a quick demise on Way's tenure with DP. Time to find a better voice for this title.

The Question mini series. I have to have it, especially if Dennis Cowan is doing the art, WITH Sienkizicz no less. But it seems like they are reinventing Vic Sage in a Resurrection Man type of gimmick. I don't like the sound of THAT but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and check it out.

Swamp Thing Giant #2...is this just collecting the 12 page stories that already came out in the Walmart version of this title? Or are these 24 new pages a CONTINUATION of that book? I can't tell if they are just collecting 2 of those Walmart issues at a time to get it started or moving right into new material wherever Walmarts Giant title ends.

Blackhawk Blood & Iron hardcover collection...f&#k YES!!! This collects everything from the Chaykin relaunch up to the point where the short lived ongoing title was launched, which would be perfect in a 2nd volume. And I am always a sucker for some Chaykin!

Absolute Alan Moore Swamp Thing volume 2! 2nd of 3 volumes, I have been concerned this line would get axed since the tv show was dead on arrival. This absolute is a MUCH welcome addition to my collection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                              5th issue of the relaunched Gerard Way Doom Patrol is a fill in. Not a good sign. I thought the 1st issue was terrible and am hoping for a quick demise on Way's tenure with DP. Time to find a better voice for this title.
                              Ever since Umbrella Academy vol. 1, I had wanted Way to write the Doom Patrol. Be careful what you wish for. I dropped the book five issues into volume 1.

The Question mini series. I have to have it, especially if Dennis Cowan is doing the art, WITH Sienkizicz no less. But it seems like they are reinventing Vic Sage in a Resurrection Man type of gimmick. I don't like the sound of THAT but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and check it out.
                              I give Lemire the benefit of the doubt. He only disappointed me very few times. And neither bows nor arrows are involved here.

Absolute Alan Moore Swamp Thing volume 2! 2nd of 3 volumes, I have been concerned this line would get axed since the tv show was dead on arrival. This absolute is a MUCH welcome addition to my collection.
                              DC isn't giving up on Swamp Thing soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                                Swamp Thing Giant #2...is this just collecting the 12 page stories that already came out in the Walmart version of this title? Or are these 24 new pages a CONTINUATION of that book? I can't tell if they are just collecting 2 of those Walmart issues at a time to get it started or moving right into new material wherever Walmarts Giant title ends.
                                Looks like they'll be new.

Comment

Working...
                                X