Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First appearance of Mogo in 1963, in GL #24?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
    It would be one of the best comic panels in history
    Absolutely..

You know you would love it
    Only a very sick person wouldn't!!

Comment

Seriously though, I agree with all of you guys, if that's not Mogo, at least Alan Moore must've read that story and use it as inspiration..
      It's very likely that's Mogo, though!

Comment

What if Bzzzzd found this female planet that isnt Mogo and proceeded to hook Mogo up. I would love to see two sentient planets "DOING IT" in a comic then perhaps have a baby planet pop out !

The tectonic stresses alone of such an act would... to say nothing of the two such masses being in such close proximity could possibly end all life on both planets. But then again it might be worth it to see if Maybe in the next DC/Marvel crossover Ego the Living Planet could show up and they could have a threesome, provided of course that THAT planet isn't actually Mogo.

Comment

Originally posted by Satyrquaze View Post
          But then again it might be worth it to see if Maybe in the next DC/Marvel crossover Ego the Living Planet could show up and they could have a threesome
          I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
          There are some sentences only us comics geek can come up with.
          Luckily, of course!

Comment

This HAS to be Mogo! Just how many Sentient planets do we have wandering around the cosmos???? I would love to see his origin on how he became a GL and his responibilties....
            Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
              I would love to see his origin on how he became a GL and his responibilties....
              I second that!

Comment

In all sincerity, I'd love for it to be Mogo... but the thought of a ancient being such as Mogo existing for as long as it has in a universe full of strange wonders and the GLC which has existed basically since the beginning of recorded time being discovered and inducted into the GLC by any of the recent human GLs doesn't sit right with me.

It's a big universe, does Hal have to be responsible for everything?

I'm more inclined to think that Mogo just isn't that unique.

Comment

Ever since I read that story in the Archive, I've pretty much assumed it was Mogo. I've been waiting for some writer to cleverly tie those together in some subtle manner. Unfortunately, I doubt they will do it now. Mogo's importance to the Corps is being played up so heavily that I expect we are now to believe that he was one of the EARLIEST GLs. If he was the one in that story, he would have been a GL for less time than Hal, which would make all the panic about, "What will we do if we lose Mogo!" sort of nonsensical. I mean, if he WERE that recent of an addition, the answer would be a simple, "Whatever you did for millions of years before he joined! Duh."

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                    If he was the one in that story, he would have been a GL for less time than Hal, which would make all the panic about, "What will we do if we lose Mogo!" sort of nonsensical. I mean, if he WERE that recent of an addition, the answer would be a simple, "Whatever you did for millions of years before he joined! Duh."
                    Unless Mogo being the ring-guider is a post-New Corps thing (when the Guardians were resurrected and needed to quickly rebuild the Corps), whereas he was the planet who "doesn't socialize" before Emerald Twilight (and this issue from the 60s actually indicates why that would be).

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                      Unless Mogo being the ring-guider is a post-New Corps thing (when the Guardians were resurrected and needed to quickly rebuild the Corps), whereas he was the planet who "doesn't socialize" before Emerald Twilight (and this issue from the 60s actually indicates why that would be).
                      But the question would still remain, why all the panic. If he didn't fill this function until recently, and they lost him, wouldn't they just go back to whatever means they used for the millions of years prior to him filling that function? I think the emphasis they are putting on Mogo at this point kind of implies that he is THE method used to guide rings to their new bearers, and therefore he has been doing it for more than a couple years. Otherwise, why not fall back on whatever the old method was if they lost him? Why all the ruckus about how they simply CAN'T lose Mogo or the Corps will be doomed?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                        But the question would still remain, why all the panic. If he didn't fill this function until recently, and they lost him, wouldn't they just go back to whatever means they used for the millions of years prior to him filling that function?
                        I dunno... was really grasping at straws, honestly.

Why all the ruckus about how they simply CAN'T lose Mogo or the Corps will be doomed?
                        At first I thought this was just because they knew that one of the last parts of the Prophecy is that Mogo would be the last to fall... in other words, if/when he falls, it's over.

Comment

Why would a being who "doesn't socialize" be so obviously lonely?

Comment

Well we know how the rings got to new GLs pre-Rebirth see

All stories in GLCQ 1-8

and Hal Jordans orgin

The dying GL had the ring seek out a new GL

That was that. Granted if the GL died in space that would not be practicle, but thats how it was done prior to Rebirth
                            My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

The dying GL had the ring seek out a new GL
                              Which is as it should be, really. It seems silly to me that, for example, when Abin Sur lay there dying, Mogo kicked in and -- from across the galaxy -- guided the ring to Hal Jordan.

Comment

Which is as it should be, really. It seems silly to me that, for example, when Abin Sur lay there dying, Mogo kicked in and -- from across the galaxy -- guided the ring to Hal Jordan.
                                Yeah, not keen on that retcon that Mogo is responsible for the rings searching for worthy users. It has always been the battery (yes I said battery, not ring) job to find a worthy bearer. Re-read Hal's origin. Mogo has enough of a task being a "career counselor".
                                Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Working...
                                X