The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Events & Fan Meetups
FLASHCHAT

Old 09-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Default WonderCon 2010- San Francisco, CA. April 2-4

The dates have finally been announced and a few of the guests have been confirmed. Amongst the list of guests so far are Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver. For those that don't know, the WonderCon is a ComicCon on a smaller scale without the massive crowds, ticket insanity and jumping through hoops for promotional items. It's a smaller show with more of an intimate feel. You're not herded like cattle and treated like crap from Toy cop security guards looking to take out their normal day frustrations on the first person that steps out of line for a signing. Anyone planning to go?

You can learn more about the show HERE.

My friend and I were thinking about getting a table this year to sell off our toys and crap that are taking up space.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
mrjasontodd
Mario C

it is a toss up between this and C2E2 at this point. they are only like two weeks apart and cost practically the same amount on most travel sites. I am leaning toward this though just for weather reasons but Chicago is a shorter plane ride since I will be going right back to my office the following Monday.
mrjasontodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:42 AM   #3
JME2
Corps Honor Guard

My funds will determine whether or not I turn up.
JME2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:44 AM   #4
Rainbow Lantern

Well if it has Geoff and Ethan I'm definitely coming.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #5
dudeloveall

Might go. its just an hour car drive from me, i just gotta talk it over with my GF. thats her birthday weekend.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I'd like to go but I get married a couple of weeks after this and the AdultCon is the week before. Decisions, decisions...
Old 02-23-2010, 12:29 AM   #7
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Online registration has just opened up. This is the first time they've done online registration for the SFWC. It's a few dollars cheaper than buying tickets at the door and you won't have to wait in 2 lines.

http://www.comic-con.org/wc/
Old 02-24-2010, 08:55 PM   #8
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I'll be getting a three day pass, since it's just down the street from work. Friday is pretty light in terms of crowd level, so it's a good time to shop for collectibles.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #9
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Bought my three pass today! GO! GO! GO! POWER RANGER!!!

Old 03-05-2010, 03:07 AM   #10
comicsarebetterwithweed

I would love to meet Johns and Smith and maybe get some stuff signed.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #11
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

I read that there will be 2 blackest night limited figures here too.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #12
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I looked at the Program website. Here are some highlights I plan on attending:

For Friday, April 2:

3:00-4:00 Spotlight on Geoff Johns— One of comics' top writers just became DC Comics' chief creative officer. WonderCon special guest Geoff Johns talks about his new role at the comics company he calls home, plus those Blackest Nights, Brightest Days, rebirths, and secret origins he's become famous for! Room 103

6:00-8:00 Kevin Smith— He's back at WonderCon as a special guest for the first time in almost five years! Kevin Smith is famous for his no-holds-barred Q&A sessions. This extended edition promises to be another great one as Kevin takes the big room's stage to answer your questions in his inimitable style.

I may attend this:

8:30-10:00 Star Wars: Last Fan Movie Standing— Choose the last Star Wars fan movie standing at this friendly competition hosted by Lucasfilm's Mary Franklin. The Star Wars Fan Movie Challenge, now in its ninth year, honors promising moviemakers who do outstanding work, with the top prize each year chosen by Star Wars writer/director George Lucas. How do your movie tastes compare? Come and support your favorites, and you just might take home a Star Wars souvenir at the end of the evening. Room 103

Saturday, April 3:
2:30-3:30 Marvel: X-Men— The X-Men have survived Necrosha, built a Nation and a Utopia, and brought back Kitty Pryde, but there's no time for celebration...it's time to prepare for war! Join the man behind the mutants, the steward of the X-Men line, vice president/executive editor Axel Alonso and talent liaison CB Cebulski (Nation X) for the dish on the upcoming Second Coming and how it wraps up three years of stories and sets the stage for the next decade...and beyond! Room 103

5:30-6:30 Green Lantern: Brightest Day— The Blackest Night is fading into the past, and the future is looking brighter than ever for our heroic emerald ring bearers. Join group editor Eddie Berganza, Geoff Johns, James Robinson, Gail Simone, Judd Winick, and others to find out what to expect at the dawn of the Brightest Day! Room 103

Sunday, April 4

2:30-3:30 Chuck Special Presentation and Q&A— Chuck returns to WonderCon for a Q&A and special screening of exclusive footage! Co-creator/executive producer Josh Schwartz (Gossip Girl) and co-creator/executive producer Chris Fedak will be on hand to talk to fans, along with series stars Zachary Levi (Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel) and Adam Baldwin (Serenity), and Joshua Gomez (Invasion). Airing Mondays at 8:00 pm ET/PT on NBC, Chuck is produced by College Hill Pictures, Wonderland Sound, and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television. Esplanade Ballroom

I'm dissappointed there won't be any Iron Man 2 presentations. Perhaps they'll be finishing up on the the flick.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:51 PM   #13
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I'll definitely be looking for signatures from Geoff Johns, Amanda Conners and Frank Cho. Also, Jim Lee. I just to remember to bring in their comic books.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:15 AM   #14
JME2
Corps Honor Guard

Guy, I think I'm going to pass for the first time in 3 years. I have the books I want already autographed, I'm up to date, and I really need to conserve my funds.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:58 PM   #15
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I've already got my books gathered up for what I want signed. This will be the first time I'm bringing books to a show. I hope I can get Ethan to do a sketch for me.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:53 PM   #16
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Posted in "The Marvel News Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Looks like free swag. Here's an article CLICKY HERE
Old 04-03-2010, 02:35 AM   #17
JME2
Corps Honor Guard

I did end up going today, but it was less for pleasure and more for networking. That having been said, I attended Geoff's panels and asked a slew of Flash questions: whether he was going to kill Weather Wizard in his arc on the Flash, why didn't we see a Black Lantern Inertia, and if Blitz had been planned when Hunter Zolomon was introduced.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:06 AM   #18
Jay Burg
American Bad Ass

jus got back. We got our shit together with me sylent and darth primus, but it was fucking hella hard.... harder than SDCC believe it or not... we couldn't pull our lil secret trick with the raffle... home dude was eye-ballin' us heh.

anhyways yeah we came through, ill let sylent post the pics when he gets home. Peace out...

( P.S.... the PMS bitch didnt show up to organize the raffle.. stonecold steve austin did.. )

Team Cyclops !!! ...Screw Wolverine.
Jay Burg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:03 AM   #19
Quaker
Leader of the Resistance

Send a message via Skype™ to Quaker

For anyone that was there, can you confirm that this was an April Fool's Prank:
Greg Rucka Finished At DC, Off Batwoman [Wondercon]
Old 04-03-2010, 05:43 AM   #20
MasonACBB
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalliccorps View Post
For anyone that was there, can you confirm that this was an April Fool's Prank:
Greg Rucka Finished At DC, Off Batwoman [Wondercon]
I highly doubt it was a prank, the chick who does Fresh Ink on G4 tweeted about it and she's a pretty reliable source.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:45 AM   #21
Quaker
Leader of the Resistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonACBB View Post
I highly doubt it was a prank, the chick who does Fresh Ink on G4 tweeted about it and she's a pretty reliable source.
FUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK

Thanks for the info though.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:47 AM   #22
MasonACBB
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
FUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK

Thanks for the info though.
It's not like we can really blame Rucka though, he want's to work on his own creations, which is not really a bad choice.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:50 AM   #23
Quaker
Leader of the Resistance

Quote:
It's not like we can really blame Rucka though, he want's to work on his own creations, which is not really a bad choice.
I wasn't saying Fuck him, I know he's doing what he wants to do. It was more of a Cpt. Kirk scream in vain. I'm just sad because I love some of his work at DC.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:56 AM   #24
MasonACBB
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
I wasn't saying Fuck him, I know he's doing what he wants to do. It was more of a Cpt. Kirk scream in vain. I'm just sad because I love some of his work at DC.
I know you weren't saying fuck him, you're just gonna miss his work, as well I. I'm not the biggest fan of his art (which is still amazing) but I love his writing, his work on 52 was fuckin great. I haven't been keeping up with Detective though, I'll probably pick up the trades.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:05 AM   #25
Quaker
Leader of the Resistance

Quote:
I know you weren't saying fuck him, you're just gonna miss his work, as well I. I'm not the biggest fan of his art (which is still amazing) but I love his writing, his work on 52 was fuckin great. I haven't been keeping up with Detective though, I'll probably pick up the trades.
Without a doubt, pick up his work on Detective. The art is phenomenal. It was the best superhero work of 2009 in all of comics.