The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Events & Fan Meetups
FLASHCHAT

Old 09-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
mrjasontodd
Mario C

Default SDCC 2010

Firing up the thread for this! Apparently it is never too early to plan this trip as my gf booked our backup hotel while we wait for the Marriott to open up its room availability.

Did anyone here get their passes for next year at the show already? J3H told me that this was the only way to get into preview night by getting them at the show. I missed out but hopefully they change their minds on this as tickets should be going on sale soon according to their sales rep when i inquired on the passes.
mrjasontodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
BTomaselli
Corps Honor Guard

If we go, we in as professionals. We didn't go this year but thinking about 2010
Old 09-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I plan on going.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
BLUELCMISHRA
Supreme Dalek Overlord

so how awesome is this we are getting married in february right and my fiance, for our honeymoon is going to take me to sdcc2010 i cant wait never been

BLUELCMISHRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

I heard Preview Night sucked this year so I wouldn't worry about it.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #6
Al-
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

I purchased my badge on the last day of the con, and booked my hotel. You can never be to ready for the Con

Congrats on the engagement. You two are going to enjoy yourselves and each other .
Old 09-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #7
Tach
Corpse Trainee

The wife and I will be there, her being a professional and all that. We've reserved the back room at the in-laws again. It's an okay hotel, the service is lacking, but the price is right.

Just might have a costume or two this time.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:03 PM   #8
mrjasontodd
Mario C

preview night this year was horrible. the main floor was worse than a normal day (even saturday) because there were minimal panels and lines that people would've been waiting in so practically everybody was wading through eachother.

Well let me take that back, the entertainment section of the floor was bad, the silver and gold comics and bread and butter dealers section was alright to go through. I am kicking myself for not getting the blackest night #0 b&w for $80 that night.

Congrats, Blue!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #9
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Ima try to go next year, i usually alternate years. Driving the 15 miles to go downtown during comic con is a bitch.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #10
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I'll try to go again next year. I've attended the last 5 years. Since my friend lives in SD, I have a place to stay for free! I'd get my lady to go but she went with me 4 years ago and hated it. Anything that involves walking is a no-no with her.

This time around, I'll be all for the panels and meeting the celebs. I spent WAY too much time waiting in line and jumping through hoops for those damn Hal Jordan figures. I missed Hurricane Helms and Olivia Munn among others because of it... and this time, I'll wear my badge so it doesn't get stolen again. Getting back in after that ordeal was a pain in the ass and it inadvertantly got Jay kicked out.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #11
mrjasontodd
Mario C

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
This time around, I'll be all for the panels and meeting the celebs. I spent WAY too much time waiting in line and jumping through hoops for those damn Hal Jordan figures. I missed Hurricane Helms and Olivia Munn among others because of it...
I feel you on this. My GF met Olivia Munn while i was waiting for that damn second round of Blue Hal!

Here is the video of her with Munn too (at run time 5:11)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd1Tqsm60EY
Old 09-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #12
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Trying to meet Munn was a hassle too! You needed a damn ticket for that! By the time my friend and I got through with the GL figures, we saw that OM line was in THREE sections! What the hell happened to first come, first serve? The early bird should always be the one to get the worm, not some bullshit luck of the draw for someone that just shows up.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:58 PM   #13
Keyser Soze
Alpha-Lantern

I shall be returning next year, and so shall the Green Lantern costume!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:55 AM   #14
mrjasontodd
Mario C

i am going to try to go to atleast one panel in ballroom 20. i am not brave/crazy enough to try H yet.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:20 AM   #15
Al-
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Here is a tip for attending panels. Arrive two or three panels early. For example Iron Man 2 panel this year we waited through three panels to make sure we had seats. We would move up as people would leave from previous panels. We've been doing it for years and it works beautifly.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:29 AM   #16
mrjasontodd
Mario C

i figured i would devote one day to that. not get up super early but early for me.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #17
Thunderlips
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

taking my sister this year. Got the room already. taking the tram,easy as it gets.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #18
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Can anyone provide me with any infor regarding which hotels are good and inexpensive as well as if now would be a good time to book them?
Old 09-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #19
mrjasontodd
Mario C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
Can anyone provide me with any infor regarding which hotels are good and inexpensive as well as if now would be a good time to book them?
i stayed at the holiday inn express (i want to say beech street?) this year, it was fairly inexpensive and about .8 miles away. Obviously, anything worth going to was a few blocks away and this thing was ontop of the mother of all steep hills but there was an elevator on one end of the block that brought you down to that end's street. We booked that in May i think.

But if you want, pre-book a room now that doesnt let you pay until check in and wait to see if something better/cheaper opens up down the line. If all else fails atleast you have the one as a back-up. Thats how we are doing it.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #20
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Is the holiday inn express a plce where I can do that. That is the whole pre-book thing?
Old 09-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #21
mrjasontodd
Mario C

we expedia'ed that place so i dont know for sure but my gf pre-booked the westin (i think, i forgot the name) and it is like .4/5 miles from the place and didnt charge us yet.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #22
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Cool Thanks.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #23
Thunderlips

i took the tram last time and for $40 you ride all week. it frees you up to get hotels further away and saves time on parking and stuff it drops off at the front of the convention center. Days Hotel in hotel circle. Booked it for 140 a night average
Old 09-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #24
Brady SD
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderlips View Post
i took the tram last time and for $40 you ride all week. it frees you up to get hotels further away and saves time on parking and stuff it drops off at the front of the convention center. Days Hotel in hotel circle. Booked it for 140 a night average
This is the best suggestion so far. I live in San Diego so I don't have to worry about lodging. The San Diego Trolley runs throughout Downtown and the Mission Valley area. There are plenty of hotels, motels, etc. in San Diego that are near the trolley stations. All you need is close access to one of the stops and you will be fine. Stay out of the Downtown hotels near the convention center unless you like paying lots of money for hotels.
Brady SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:47 AM   #25
Thunderlips

yeah i agree the last and first stop for the tram is the stadium so take that into consideration. the fashion valley stop is where im comfortable it has tons of parking.