The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 05:42 AM   #2426
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr
 
Jeffi.Kaiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sector 2814
Posts: 2,922
Default

Yeah. We still dont even know if itll be the trailer. I heard it might be the scene with Abin passing the ring to Hal, but thats pure speculation from what Ive read. I think its confirmed they will have a video to show of some sort, but I just hope if its not an official trailer, nobody is too irate lol
__________________
Jeffi.Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:45 AM   #2427
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
Yeah. We still dont even know if itll be the trailer. I heard it might be the scene with Abin passing the ring to Hal, but thats pure speculation from what Ive read. I think its confirmed they will have a video to show of some sort, but I just hope if its not an official trailer, nobody is too irate lol


hey if its a movie scene thats still great imo, if anything that beats a trailer
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:39 AM   #2428
TorchBearer2814
Corps Honor Guard
 
TorchBearer2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WP, New York
Posts: 1,381
Default

that is awesome
__________________
TorchBearer2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:12 AM   #2429
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host
 
Shaolinlantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 996
Default

Here is a different pic of the face :

__________________
Shaolinlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #2430
Kane2814
Weaponer of Qward
 
Kane2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestingJohn View Post
No one said that was for the movie, it's probably just a DC display... but still... look at what you wrote, that personifies the fanboy mindset... it's never just right, is it Things are either too complex or too simple. I'd be more than happy if that style was used for the movie, it's pretty authentic to the comic.
I know it's not the movie prop. I was more responding to your comment that you were hoping that it was the actual movie prop.

I also don't see how I'm personifying the "fanboy mindset" either. I have an opinion - how did I express that "it's never *just right?*" Maybe you don't realize how condescending that comment is, but it is - I don't like being thrown into that group and all that implies. It's not like I'm threatening to boycott the movie or saying that the movie is ruined for me if that's the lantern.

If anything, liking something for being more "authentic to the comic" is more indicative of the fanboy mindset but I wouldn't throw you into that group solely for that reason.
Kane2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #2431
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern
 
InterestingJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,690
Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane2814 View Post
I know it's not the movie prop. I was more responding to your comment that you were hoping that it was the actual movie prop.

I also don't see how I'm personifying the "fanboy mindset" either. I have an opinion - how did I express that "it's never *just right?*" Maybe you don't realize how condescending that comment is, but it is - I don't like being thrown into that group and all that implies. It's not like I'm threatening to boycott the movie or saying that the movie is ruined for me if that's the lantern.

If anything, liking something for being more "authentic to the comic" is more indicative of the fanboy mindset but I wouldn't throw you into that group solely for that reason.
I'm Sorry, I didn't intend to be condescending. I do agree that the movie version will likely be as you described. My comment was motivated by the contrast of what you said compared to the recent "costume is too complex" hoopla that's been prevalent. I was musing more about how us fanboys tend to be really focused on minute details to the point of fault Lets hope they've got the real deal at the Con
__________________
InterestingJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #2432
Kane2814
Weaponer of Qward
 
Kane2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestingJohn View Post
I'm Sorry, I didn't intend to be condescending. I do agree that the movie version will likely be as you described. My comment was motivated by the contrast of what you said compared to the recent "costume is too complex" hoopla that's been prevalent. I was musing more about how us fanboys tend to be really focused on minute details to the point of fault Lets hope they've got the real deal at the Con
I understand your point, but that's the problem with trying to ascribe personality traits to a collective - any group is going to come across as schizophrenic or hyprocitical because we do not share one mindset. It happens in politics all the time and it happened during the Hal/Kyle wars all the time. When someone is dismissed as an idividual and generalized as being part of a mindset it can be insulting so I got defensive. I appreciate your explanation.

On to another topic, with SDCC coming soon and more and more information and images coming to light, I'm starting to feel that tug to go into "media blackout" mode. I certainly hunger to see the movie, but I don't want to be in the theater and feel like I'd already seen everything by the time it comes out. (I've been averting my eyes to not look at the Abin Sur pics) My wife got so used to seeing me cover my eyes and ears during every "Iron Man II" commercial she would just turn the channel anytime it came on.
Kane2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #2433
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!
 
Superlantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 5,343
Default

so you two bickering back and forth (albeit in a civilized way) is Movie news?
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #2434
THE MR. TERRIFIC
Sinestro's Sparring Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 121
Default

Man I really don't want to get to excited for this movie but it's really hard not to! Everything is looking soooo cool!
__________________
FAIR PLAY

THE MR. TERRIFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #2435
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 16,498
Default

Well I hope this IS what Abin looks like in the movie because it's better than anything I gave Hollywood credit for doing. He looks great. I still have images in my head of that shitty genital wart ridden Abin from First Flight.
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #2436
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern
 
InterestingJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,690
Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cormier View Post
Well I hope this IS what Abin looks like in the movie because it's better than anything I gave Hollywood credit for doing. He looks great. I still have images in my head of that shitty genital wart ridden Abin from First Flight.
Heh heh, It's true, he looks much more accurate than that Abin Sur, and seems much less frail, IMHO.
__________________
InterestingJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #2437
Kane2814
Weaponer of Qward
 
Kane2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlantern View Post
so you two bickering back and forth (albeit in a civilized way) is Movie news?
Well, if the (not so civilized) bickering on McLaughlin Group can be considered a "news program...."
Kane2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:49 PM   #2438
Shingo Wol
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This thread is very entertaining.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #2439
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host
 
Shaolinlantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 996
Default

Here is a video with the body of Abin Sur, somebody posted that in the CBM comments:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8439463
__________________
Shaolinlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #2440
Shingo Wol
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
Here is a video with the body of Abin Sur, somebody posted that in the CBM comments:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8439463
Nice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #2441
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern
 
InterestingJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,690
Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn
Default

Notice it gives the movie's date as "June 17, 2010"... Oh shit guys! We missed it
__________________
InterestingJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #2442
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host
 
Shaolinlantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 996
Default

This is from MPPs Twitter account , it is supposed to be the movie power battery ):

__________________

Last edited by Shaolinlantern; 07-22-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Shaolinlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #2443
Shingo Wol
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestingJohn View Post
Notice it gives the movie's date as "June 17, 2010"... Oh shit guys! We missed it


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
This is from MPP Twitter account , it is supposed to be the movie power battery ):

AWESOME.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #2444
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host
 
Shaolinlantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 996
Default

But seems to be the same as on the panel, maybe he is wrong., but the bottom part seem to be different.


It is rather the old DC direct prop I think:

__________________

Last edited by Shaolinlantern; 07-22-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Shaolinlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:25 PM   #2445
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern
 
InterestingJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,690
Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn
Default

Publicists lie... I'm taking this with a grain of salt for now.
__________________
InterestingJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:59 PM   #2446
Lord Malvolio
Corps Honor Guard
 
Lord Malvolio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,214
Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Malvolio
Default

That is EXACTLY the same as the prop! Well, I guess no need to make a new one, that prop was perfect! They could have redone it and given us some hideious Kyle looking lantern....
__________________
Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Lord Malvolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #2447
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern
 
InterestingJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,690
Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn
Default

It IS the prop, look at the pictures, it's the exact same picture, look at the lights and angles.
__________________
InterestingJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:34 AM   #2448
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern
 
InterestingJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,690
Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn
Default

Longer photo of Enterntainment Weekly cover of Hal... I don't know, but his left thigh looks pretty black to me

__________________
InterestingJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:34 AM   #2449
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern
 
InterestingJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,690
Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn
Default

Oh, and that photo is courtesy of MultiPurposePoni
__________________
InterestingJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:51 AM   #2450
Alone Rider
Green Lantern Initiate
 
Alone Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 412
Default

Ethan Van Sciver drew Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern.
Link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1091771559
Alone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
movie

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.