The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 07-22-2010, 05:42 AM   #2426
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr

Yeah. We still dont even know if itll be the trailer. I heard it might be the scene with Abin passing the ring to Hal, but thats pure speculation from what Ive read. I think its confirmed they will have a video to show of some sort, but I just hope if its not an official trailer, nobody is too irate lol
Old 07-22-2010, 05:45 AM   #2427
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
Yeah. We still dont even know if itll be the trailer. I heard it might be the scene with Abin passing the ring to Hal, but thats pure speculation from what Ive read. I think its confirmed they will have a video to show of some sort, but I just hope if its not an official trailer, nobody is too irate lol

hey if its a movie scene thats still great imo, if anything that beats a trailer

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:39 AM   #2428
TorchBearer2814
Corps Honor Guard

that is awesome
Old 07-22-2010, 07:12 AM   #2429
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

Here is a different pic of the face :

Old 07-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #2430
Kane2814
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestingJohn View Post
No one said that was for the movie, it's probably just a DC display... but still... look at what you wrote, that personifies the fanboy mindset... it's never just right, is it Things are either too complex or too simple. I'd be more than happy if that style was used for the movie, it's pretty authentic to the comic.
I know it's not the movie prop. I was more responding to your comment that you were hoping that it was the actual movie prop.

I also don't see how I'm personifying the "fanboy mindset" either. I have an opinion - how did I express that "it's never *just right?*" Maybe you don't realize how condescending that comment is, but it is - I don't like being thrown into that group and all that implies. It's not like I'm threatening to boycott the movie or saying that the movie is ruined for me if that's the lantern.

If anything, liking something for being more "authentic to the comic" is more indicative of the fanboy mindset but I wouldn't throw you into that group solely for that reason.
Kane2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #2431
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane2814 View Post
I know it's not the movie prop. I was more responding to your comment that you were hoping that it was the actual movie prop.

I also don't see how I'm personifying the "fanboy mindset" either. I have an opinion - how did I express that "it's never *just right?*" Maybe you don't realize how condescending that comment is, but it is - I don't like being thrown into that group and all that implies. It's not like I'm threatening to boycott the movie or saying that the movie is ruined for me if that's the lantern.

If anything, liking something for being more "authentic to the comic" is more indicative of the fanboy mindset but I wouldn't throw you into that group solely for that reason.
I'm Sorry, I didn't intend to be condescending. I do agree that the movie version will likely be as you described. My comment was motivated by the contrast of what you said compared to the recent "costume is too complex" hoopla that's been prevalent. I was musing more about how us fanboys tend to be really focused on minute details to the point of fault Lets hope they've got the real deal at the Con
Old 07-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #2432
Kane2814
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
I'm Sorry, I didn't intend to be condescending. I do agree that the movie version will likely be as you described. My comment was motivated by the contrast of what you said compared to the recent "costume is too complex" hoopla that's been prevalent. I was musing more about how us fanboys tend to be really focused on minute details to the point of fault Lets hope they've got the real deal at the Con
I understand your point, but that's the problem with trying to ascribe personality traits to a collective - any group is going to come across as schizophrenic or hyprocitical because we do not share one mindset. It happens in politics all the time and it happened during the Hal/Kyle wars all the time. When someone is dismissed as an idividual and generalized as being part of a mindset it can be insulting so I got defensive. I appreciate your explanation.

On to another topic, with SDCC coming soon and more and more information and images coming to light, I'm starting to feel that tug to go into "media blackout" mode. I certainly hunger to see the movie, but I don't want to be in the theater and feel like I'd already seen everything by the time it comes out. (I've been averting my eyes to not look at the Abin Sur pics) My wife got so used to seeing me cover my eyes and ears during every "Iron Man II" commercial she would just turn the channel anytime it came on.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #2433
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

so you two bickering back and forth (albeit in a civilized way) is Movie news?
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #2434
THE MR. TERRIFIC
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Man I really don't want to get to excited for this movie but it's really hard not to! Everything is looking soooo cool!

THE MR. TERRIFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #2435
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Well I hope this IS what Abin looks like in the movie because it's better than anything I gave Hollywood credit for doing. He looks great. I still have images in my head of that shitty genital wart ridden Abin from First Flight.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #2436
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cormier View Post
Well I hope this IS what Abin looks like in the movie because it's better than anything I gave Hollywood credit for doing. He looks great. I still have images in my head of that shitty genital wart ridden Abin from First Flight.
Heh heh, It's true, he looks much more accurate than that Abin Sur, and seems much less frail, IMHO.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #2437
Kane2814
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlantern View Post
so you two bickering back and forth (albeit in a civilized way) is Movie news?
Well, if the (not so civilized) bickering on McLaughlin Group can be considered a "news program...."
Old 07-22-2010, 07:49 PM   #2438
Shingo Wol

This thread is very entertaining.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #2439
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

Here is a video with the body of Abin Sur, somebody posted that in the CBM comments:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8439463
Old 07-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #2440
Shingo Wol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
Here is a video with the body of Abin Sur, somebody posted that in the CBM comments:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8439463
Nice.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #2441
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Notice it gives the movie's date as "June 17, 2010"... Oh shit guys! We missed it
Old 07-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #2442
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

This is from MPPs Twitter account , it is supposed to be the movie power battery ):

Last edited by Shaolinlantern; 07-22-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Shaolinlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #2443
Shingo Wol

Quote:
Notice it gives the movie's date as "June 17, 2010"... Oh shit guys! We missed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
This is from MPP Twitter account , it is supposed to be the movie power battery ):

AWESOME.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #2444
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

But seems to be the same as on the panel, maybe he is wrong., but the bottom part seem to be different.

It is rather the old DC direct prop I think:

Last edited by Shaolinlantern; 07-22-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Shaolinlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:25 PM   #2445
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Publicists lie... I'm taking this with a grain of salt for now.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:59 PM   #2446
Lord Malvolio
Corps Honor Guard

Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Malvolio

That is EXACTLY the same as the prop! Well, I guess no need to make a new one, that prop was perfect! They could have redone it and given us some hideious Kyle looking lantern....

Lord Malvolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #2447
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

It IS the prop, look at the pictures, it's the exact same picture, look at the lights and angles.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:34 AM   #2448
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Longer photo of Enterntainment Weekly cover of Hal... I don't know, but his left thigh looks pretty black to me

Old 07-23-2010, 12:34 AM   #2449
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Oh, and that photo is courtesy of MultiPurposePoni
Old 07-23-2010, 01:51 AM   #2450
Alone Rider
Green Lantern Initiate

Ethan Van Sciver drew Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern.
Link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1091771559
Alone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie