The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics
View Poll Results: Flash: Rebirth #1
* 3 6.98%
** 0 0%
*** 5 11.63%
**** 19 44.19%
***** 16 37.21%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 06:51 AM   #26
JME2
Corps Honor Guard
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
By process of elimination (it can't be Wally... EVS has done/is doing a new costume for him) it must be Jay Garrick.
Or, as I said in the other thread, Bart...again...
JME2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:59 AM   #27
Mewzard
Say what you will about masturbation...
 
Mewzard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,823
Default

And now we must wait months to find out if that's true...*sigh* The one flaw of comics, a long wait.
Mewzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:01 AM   #28
Mewzard
Say what you will about masturbation...
 
Mewzard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,823
Default

<_< We can't let Jay die...let it be Bart again...he's probably coming back briefly, if all those hints in previous Johns comics are right...Wally if he must, but not Jay!
Mewzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:58 AM   #29
Lord Malvolio
Corps Honor Guard
 
Lord Malvolio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,214
Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Malvolio
Default

Seriously? They are calling it "Flash: Rebirth"? I had hoped that was the working title and Geoff would call it something a little more snappy (i.e. original!) Something like "Flash: Lightning Strikes Twice" or something. Oh well, at least Barry is coming back...
__________________
Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Lord Malvolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #30
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer
 
Jack-O-Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 2,874
Default

Could they just be speaking in past tense? Of Bart or more recently of Inertia? Just trying to hope for the best here. We already know EVS is redesigning Wally's costume and it's "the hardest thing he's ever had to do". But could it just be to make him a black lantern? I hope not. We've also been promised that there is room for more than one Flash as with the Earth GL's, so what gives???
Jack-O-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #31
Old School
Guardian of the Universe
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New york / Warriors Bar
Posts: 7,617
Send a message via AIM to Old School
Default

why cant it just be a flash from another timeline...

doesnt have to be jay or max or bart...
__________________
HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #32
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,770
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewzard View Post
And now we must wait months to find out if that's true...*sigh* The one flaw of comics, a long wait.
We'll find out in two weeks when the conclusion of Final Crisis hits stands. If neither Wally or Jay bite the bullet in that issue, then yes we'll have to wait till April, but I'm pretty sure it'll Jay's last run in two weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewzard View Post
<_< We can't let Jay die...let it be Bart again...he's probably coming back briefly, if all those hints in previous Johns comics are right...Wally if he must, but not Jay!
Don't joke like that! Wally before Jay!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
Seriously? They are calling it "Flash: Rebirth"? I had hoped that was the working title and Geoff would call it something a little more snappy (i.e. original!) Something like "Flash: Lightning Strikes Twice" or something.
THATS WHAT I SAID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
Could they just be speaking in past tense? Of Bart or more recently of Inertia? Just trying to hope for the best here. We already know EVS is redesigning Wally's costume and it's "the hardest thing he's ever had to do". But could it just be to make him a black lantern? I hope not. We've also been promised that there is room for more than one Flash as with the Earth GL's, so what gives???
Let's hope they are speaking in past tense, but past tense from April would be after Final Crisis/Barry's return, so it still could be bad news for Jay. Wally won't be a Black Lantern, He's already confirmed that in his thread...though it was a bit vague.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
why cant it just be a flash from another timeline...

doesnt have to be jay or max or bart...
I don't think it would be worth mentioning if it was some random Flash from another timeline(excluding Bart in the future).
__________________
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #33
Old School
Guardian of the Universe
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New york / Warriors Bar
Posts: 7,617
Send a message via AIM to Old School
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
We'll find out in two weeks when the conclusion of Final Crisis hits stands. If neither Wally or Jay bite the bullet in that issue, then yes we'll have to wait till April, but I'm pretty sure it'll Jay's last run in two weeks.



Don't joke like that! Wally before Jay!!!!!!!!!



THATS WHAT I SAID!



Let's hope they are speaking in past tense, but past tense from April would be after Final Crisis/Barry's return, so it still could be bad news for Jay. Wally won't be a Black Lantern, He's already confirmed that in his thread...though it was a bit vague.



I don't think it would be worth mentioning if it was some random Flash from another timeline(excluding Bart in the future).

it would be, cause flash rebirth is just not about barry, wally, jay , bart.

its about the flash universe.

its could be a play on words.
__________________
HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #34
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,770
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

IMO, there is no Flash universe, and if it becomes one after Rebirth, me being pissed will be the understatement of the year. "The Flash" is not a police force, its not an entity, its an identity.
__________________
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #35
Old School
Guardian of the Universe
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New york / Warriors Bar
Posts: 7,617
Send a message via AIM to Old School
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
IMO, there is no Flash universe, and if it becomes one after Rebirth, me being pissed will be the understatement of the year. "The Flash" is not a police force, its not an entity, its an identity.


yeah but you see your the thing is that your opinion doesn't count

and yes folks west knows im kidding with him, we already had discussed this days ago
__________________
HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:41 PM   #36
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,770
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

I'm a TRUE Flash fan, if they can't get me to buy it, then what will happen in two years when everyone hates it again? They'll be crawling back to me, pleading with me to buy their retconed excuse for a book.

"And I'll look down and whisper........Fine." because I can't help it. lol
__________________
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #37
Raker616
Corps Honor Guard
 
Raker616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Green Lantern Station
Posts: 1,447
Default

Or this could be a huge hit that helps to give a boost to Flash and the Flash mythos just like it did for GL and it's mythos but either way Barry is back so i'm happy.
__________________
"If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".
Raker616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:39 PM   #38
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,770
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

Flash:Rebirth will surely be a hit. That's not the problem...the problem is that we have zero idea what Johns is planning for a character that has never had a real personality and what he has planned for the characters that some of us have grown to love in Barry's 20+ year absence.
__________________
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:36 AM   #39
Old School
Guardian of the Universe
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New york / Warriors Bar
Posts: 7,617
Send a message via AIM to Old School
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Flash:Rebirth will surely be a hit. That's not the problem...the problem is that we have zero idea what Johns is planning for a character that has never had a real personality and what he has planned for the characters that some of us have grown to love in Barry's 20+ year absence.

I have faith in geoff, if he does screw wally I have geoffs email address and he'll be hearing from me.

at the same.. bring on barry allen
__________________
HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:59 AM   #40
JME2
Corps Honor Guard
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
I have faith in geoff, if he does screw wally I have geoffs email address and he'll be hearing from me.

at the same.. bring on barry allen
Given how he wrote Wally for 5 years and how that tenure helped put him on the map, I can't see Johns screwing over Wally, but we'll see.
JME2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:03 AM   #41
Raker616
Corps Honor Guard
 
Raker616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Green Lantern Station
Posts: 1,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Flash:Rebirth will surely be a hit. That's not the problem...the problem is that we have zero idea what Johns is planning for a character that has never had a real personality and what he has planned for the characters that some of us have grown to love in Barry's 20+ year absence.
Barry's never had a real personality?, that is news to me and alot of other Barry Allen fans btw I thought you were a REAL Flash fan.
__________________
"If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".
Raker616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:14 AM   #42
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,770
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

Describe Barry Allen's personality.....I'll wait. Take your time. Go read a couple hundred issues and find it...see if you describe it without using "typical" and 60's.


And Flash:Rebirth will be a hit, because Geoff Johns has the biggest fanbase of any 'new' writer out there. It'll be a hit because since Infinite Crisis, The Flash has been the very definition of poor writing and people want good Flash stories. What people fail to realize is that Barry Allen isn't the answer to the failure of the 3rd Flash relaunch. The answer is good fucking writing, and hopefully Johns can improve on what he did all those 7 years ago.
__________________

Last edited by W.West; 01-16-2009 at 04:32 AM.
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:40 AM   #43
JME2
Corps Honor Guard
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
The answer is good fucking writing, and hopefully Johns can improve on what he did all those 7 years ago.
Hey, if Rogues' Revenge was any indication of how his current style compares to his previous take on the Flash, then I'm not worried...
JME2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #44
Raker616
Corps Honor Guard
 
Raker616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Green Lantern Station
Posts: 1,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Describe Barry Allen's personality.....I'll wait. Take your time. Go read a couple hundred issues and find it...see if you describe it without using "typical" and 60's.


And Flash:Rebirth will be a hit, because Geoff Johns has the biggest fanbase of any 'new' writer out there. It'll be a hit because since Infinite Crisis, The Flash has been the very definition of poor writing and people want good Flash stories. What people fail to realize is that Barry Allen isn't the answer to the failure of the 3rd Flash relaunch. The answer is good fucking writing, and hopefully Johns can improve on what he did all those 7 years ago.
You're starting to sound like one of those bitter Kyle fanboys who always called Hal boring and that there was no need to bring him back because their guy was so much more relatable. Also Geoff isn't a magician he can't wave his hand and make something a hit look at Booster Gold it sold ok but was nowhere near his other titles. It takes a great character and great writting to make a hit that is why GL Rebirth worked and that was before Geoff became who he is now. The fact is they've tried it all with Flash and nothing has worked now Barry is getting his well deserved second shot, you don't like it fine but don't classify yourself as a REAL Flash fan when you obviously aren't.
__________________
"If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".
Raker616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #45
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,770
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JME2 View Post
Hey, if Rogues' Revenge was any indication of how his current style compares to his previous take on the Flash, then I'm not worried...
The only thing that bothers me about Rogue's Revenge was the bitch slap that he gave Wally and Hunter. He depowered my favorite villain and he made Wally seem like a softy, because Barry is supposed to be this hard ass, when he was NEVER EVER written that way. So the reason the Rogue's are shaky in their new Gambi designed boots is out of Johns' head not because its true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raker616 View Post
You're starting to sound like one of those bitter Kyle fanboys who always called Hal boring and that there was no need to bring him back because their guy was so much more relatable. Also Geoff isn't a magician he can't wave his hand and make something a hit look at Booster Gold it sold ok but was nowhere near his other titles. It takes a great character and great writting to make a hit that is why GL Rebirth worked and that was before Geoff became who he is now. The fact is they've tried it all with Flash and nothing has worked now Barry is getting his well deserved second shot, you don't like it fine but don't classify yourself as a REAL Flash fan when you obviously aren't.
Great job answering that question!

This has nothing to do with Hal Jordan, please stay on subject. I've been collecting The Flash since 1993, I've been buying Flash appearances for the last two years. I think that solidifies me as a fan. You don't think I'm a fan because I don't favor the return of Barry Allen? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE! Did I not just say
Quote:
"The answer is good fucking writing, and hopefully Johns can improve on what he did all those 7 years ago"
? Did you fucking miss that part? YOU can't even describe your favorite Flash's personality and I'M the one who's not a real fan. Your obviously missing a few screws if thats what you think. Just because you worship the ground Geoff Johns walks on and the paper he writes on doesn't mean that Flash:Rebirth will be a good story or even a good idea.

With Barry Allen's return, I PRAY that it is. It will clearly be a financial success because its The Flash + the return of Barry Allen + "the great" Geoff Johns. And your idiotic comparison of Booster Gold was hilarious. Thank you dude, that was a good laugh to start the day. ITS BOOSTER GOLD! OF COURSE IT ISN'T GOING TO SELL LIKE ACTION COMICS,JSA,GREEN LANTERN,AND ROGUE'S REVENGE! Oh, I guess you forgot all those golden touches he's given those books. Let's see if the new Superman Origin book fails

"TRIED IT ALL"? Are you fucking serious? Geoff Johns sent Wally away in the first place! He started all that, and when they finally brought him back, Mark Waid was forced to establish his kids as a vital apart of his life. One minute their toddlers and the next they've got 8+ years on them. Bart Allen's book was never meant to be done well, because its been DC's plan all along to bring Barry back. And the only way to justify bringing him back is if The Flash titles needs it, but it doesn't. It needs consistent writing. I have nothing against the Barry Allen character, and I'll gladly cheer him on, but his return to the DCU was unnecessary and you fucking know it. And to say it is, is basically you claiming your ignorance of anything Flash.



lol

__________________

Last edited by W.West; 01-16-2009 at 04:09 PM.
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:00 PM   #46
Raker616
Corps Honor Guard
 
Raker616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Green Lantern Station
Posts: 1,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Great job answering that question!
Why in the world would I waste time answering a question to which you already have made up your mind about, i've gone over this same bs with the Hal haters it leads to nowhere and it's a huge waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
This has nothing to do with Hal Jordan, please stay on subject. I've been collecting The Flash since 1993, I've been buying Flash appearances for the last two years. I think that solidifies me as a fan. You don't think I'm a fan because I don't favor the return of Barry Allen? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE! Did I not just say ? Did you fucking miss that part? YOU can't even describe your favorite Flash's personality and I'M the one who's not a real fan. Your obviously missing a few screws if thats what you think. Just because you worship the ground Geoff Johns walks on and the paper he writes on doesn't mean that Flash:Rebirth will be a good story or even a good idea.
I have no doubt that you're a Wally West Flash fan, but you made it a point to call yourself a REAL Flash fan but that is obviously a lie. Also getting loud and ranting does nothing to try and prove your point so bring it back a little. Now as far as Flash Rebirth goes who knows how it will turn out but considering Geoff's track record and the hype for Barry's return, it could be exactly what a floundering franchise needs right now to get back to being one of DC's flagship titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
With Barry Allen's return, I PRAY that it is. It will clearly be a financial success because its The Flash + the return of Barry Allen + "the great" Geoff Johns. And your idiotic comparison of Booster Gold was hilarious. Thank you dude, that was a good laugh to start the day. ITS BOOSTER GOLD! OF COURSE IT ISN'T GOING TO SELL LIKE ACTION COMICS,JSA,GREEN LANTERN,AND ROGUE'S REVENGE! Oh, I guess you forgot all those golden touches he's given those books. Let's see if the new Superman Origin book fails
Let's see you made the comment that of course it's going to sell because Geoff is writting it, then I prove you wrong and now you want to be funny about it?. Again you just keep making yourself sound more and more like a delusional fanboy, if you can't take being proven wrong maybe you should get into long back and forths with people on MB's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
"TRIED IT ALL"? Are you fucking serious? Geoff Johns sent Wally away in the first place! He started all that, and when they finally brought him back, Mark Waid was forced to establish his kids as a vital apart of his life. One minute their toddlers and the next they've got 8+ years on them. Bart Allen's book was never meant to be done well, because its been DC's plan all along to bring Barry back. And the only way to justify bringing him back is if The Flash titles needs it, but it doesn't. It needs consistent writing. I have nothing against the Barry Allen character, and I'll gladly cheer him on, but his return to the DCU was unnecessary and you fucking know it. And to say it is, is basically you claiming your ignorance of anything Flash.
Right it's all Geoff fault, it's not like he wrote the Flash comic starring Wally or anything it's all a master plan by Geoff to ruin Wally give me a break. Waid was praised above and beyond by all Wally fans because he was going to make Flash work again and it failed horribly don't try and re-write history on that. Bart was never accepted as Flash be Wally fans who bitched and moaned about how their guy was replaced funny how that works. Flash needs Barry just like GL needed Hal, it's been more than enough time and we've gotten more than enough relaunches it's time to put things right IMO.



lol

[/QUOTE]

Looks to me like Flash Rebirth might just be your own version of comic book Ether, because your souls seems to be burning up at the thought of Barry Allen taking back his mantle.
__________________
"If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".
Raker616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:28 PM   #47
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,770
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raker616 View Post
Why in the world would I waste time answering a question to which you already have made up your mind about, i've gone over this same bs with the Hal haters it leads to nowhere and it's a huge waste of time.
Be real. You can't answer the question. I do have my mind made up, people don't have conversations to change people's minds they do it to discuss. That was the point of asking you to define Barry's personality...So, again, I'll ask you to define Barry's personality...or anyone, define Barry's personality. And stop bringing up Hal and Kyle arguments this is not the same, and not what we're discussing.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Raker616
I have no doubt that you're a Wally West Flash fan, but you made it a point to call yourself a REAL Flash fan but that is obviously a lie. Also getting loud and ranting does nothing to try and prove your point so bring it back a little. Now as far as Flash Rebirth goes who knows how it will turn out but considering Geoff's track record and the hype for Barry's return, it could be exactly what a floundering franchise needs right now to get back to being one of DC's flagship titles.
How am I not a REAL Flash fan? Because I'd rather have better writing on the title than the return of the most iconic death in comics? I can't have a favorite? Also, "ranting", its apart of discussion. If I have a lot to say, then why hold back?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Raker616
Let's see you made the comment that of course it's going to sell because Geoff is writting it, then I prove you wrong and now you want to be funny about it?. Again you just keep making yourself sound more and more like a delusional fanboy, if you can't take being proven wrong maybe you should get into long back and forths with people on MB's.
But you didn't prove me wrong. Booster Gold hadn't had a series since the 80s! He took a character most people reading comics either didn't care for or didn't know at all, and made him sell! He has "the touch" lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by Raker616
Right it's all Geoff fault, it's not like he wrote the Flash comic starring Wally or anything it's all a master plan by Geoff to ruin Wally give me a break. Waid was praised above and beyond by all Wally fans because he was going to make Flash work again and it failed horribly don't try and re-write history on that. Bart was never accepted as Flash be Wally fans who bitched and moaned about how their guy was replaced funny how that works. Flash needs Barry just like GL needed Hal, it's been more than enough time and we've gotten more than enough relaunches it's time to put things right IMO.
No. Its not Geoff's master plan, but its Didio's own words that seem to imply that they were trying to bring back Barry Allen when Flash was still at prime book/series. He(Didio) wanted to bring him back BEFORE Infinite Crisis when The Flash was doing very well critically and financially.

Bottom line, if Geoff Johns himself, the guy who wrote 60 issues of Wally West claims that he is nothing but a wannabe, that gives me enough reason to be nervous. I don't have a problem with Geoff, and certainly not a fictitious character in Barry Allen, but I do have a problem with people saying Barry's return was necessary. If Wally worked before without Barry(for 20+ years) then the series can certainly be written to that level again. And of course, I have nothing against you either,btw. I'm sure you're fine with the adage of 'agree to disagree'.

And fanboy is the most redundant and idiotic term ever. Please don't use it to insult me, or describe me again.
__________________
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:51 PM   #48
JME2
Corps Honor Guard
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Bottom line, if Geoff Johns himself, the guy who wrote 60 issues of Wally West claims that he is nothing but a wannabe, that gives me enough reason to be nervous.
Okay, I'll agree with you on this; that kind of attitude coming from Johns is a little worrying. And as for Hunter's de-powering, as I've said before, I hope it's just a matter of Johns preventing other writers from misusing him and not a prelude to the return of Thawne....

Edit -- Actually, if you think about it, Hunter has the potential to be just as dangerous de-powered as Black Adam was in the "Dark Age" mini-series. This is a guy who knows Wally's identity, history, and secrets and in the chaos of Final Crisis and it's aftermath, who's going to notice that the Second Reverse-Flash has dropped off the map?

Last edited by JME2; 01-17-2009 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Added Hunter Zolomon Speculation
JME2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:06 AM   #49
HonorGuardLantern423
Weaponer of Qward
 
HonorGuardLantern423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 784
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Unlike most people, I like all Flashes equally. West is right though, Barry doesnt have a personality outside of Silver Age type dialouge and situations. The reason though is because Barry has been "dead" since COIE, and hasnt had a chance to develop a personality of his own. I hope Flash Rebirth accomplishes what GL Rebirth did. I love Barry, Wally, Jay, and even Bart(especially as Impulse and Kid Flash though) and I hope none of them dies or gets screwed over. Its the rebirth of the Flash Universe and Wally is getting a new costume and possibly a new identity(which would take him out of Barry's shadow). If Jay survives awesome, If Bart comes back and dies again it will piss me off. Never-the-less I have faith in the "great" GJ(I do love his stuff though)and I think we should all chill and sit back a watch(read) what happens. Long live the Flash identity!!!!!!!!
__________________
HonorGuardLantern423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:40 AM   #50
W.West
Moderator
 
W.West's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit,MI & LosAngeles, CA
Posts: 36,770
Blog Entries: 69
Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default

Ethan said that Wally won't be getting a new identity. Flash 4 Life..thank goodness. lol
__________________
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.