The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Events & Fan Meetups
FLASHCHAT

Old 01-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Default NYCC 2012

NYCC 4-Day Tickets Go On Sale Jan 3
Attention! Attention! 4-Day Tickets to the 2012 New York Comic Con go on sale at 12 Noon NYC Time on January 3rd. We've had sell out crowds at NYCC for the past few years, and we've been releasing our tickets earlier and earlier to meet the demand. This time, though, we're trying something different. To better control ticket counts and spread out the availability of tickets, we'll be taking a staggered approach in 2012, releasing different ticket types at different times in the lead-up to the event.

Our first ticket -- the 4-Day -- will go live at noon on January 3.

This ticket will get you in Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, as well as on our Preview Day on Thursday. We won't be selling Thursday day passes. If you want to be the first in the show, 4-Day is the way to go. After the success, too, of our Thursday Preview Hours this year, we'll be expanding our offering. Details will be coming as we put the tickets out, but we'll be expanding our show floor hours and programming on Thursday, building it into a bigger, better kick-off.

So, take the next two weeks and celebrate with family and friends, but make a note before you've had too much eggnog click over to newyorkcomiccon.com at noon on January 3 to be one of the first to score your ticket to NYCC!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I don't think I'll ever be able to attend NYCC.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

How come?
Old 01-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

My wife.

She won't be down with me going to NY for a comic convention when our wedding anniversary is in October as well. It's difficult enough to go to SDCC since it's always around my wife's birthday.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #5
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Ahh okay. Does it fall on the same day or week as con?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

My wife's birthday usually falls on the same week of SDCC.

Our anniversary is usually a couple weeks after NYCC. Perhaps if I luck out on tickets to SDCC a given year, I may be able to attend NYCC.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Got ya. I really hope you can attend one year. It's shaping up to be one of the next big comic con events if it isn't already.

Cant wait to get my SDCC tix this year. Gonna try and come for two days before and stay two days after the con so I can scope out San Diego some more and figure out my plans for moving.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
Our anniversary is usually a couple weeks after NYCC. Perhaps if I luck out on tickets to SDCC a given year, I may be able to attend NYCC.
You're going about it the wrong way. Tell your wife that the trip to NY is for your anniversary. That's what I did in a sense. I told my wife that our trip was for the Honeymoon we never took and NYCC just happened to be during this time. Essentially, I only attended the con 1 day so it wasn't too bad for my wife. Besides, we did all the tourist stuff while we were there so it wasn't like the NYCC was our sole purpose of being there.

Since I usually plan everything, it's all good. If your wife is the one that plans all your trips, then you're just SOL. LOL.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Yeah, I'm out of luck. Oh well. Can't win them all.