The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Sector 0
FLASHCHAT

Sector 0
View Poll Results: Are you happy with who came back?
Yes 47 74.60%
No 16 25.40%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB
Default Are you happy with who came back?

Most of them were pretty obviously coming, though there were a couple surprises.

The original Captain Boomerang, though. Really? Was anyone out there clamoring for his return? Smacks of nostalgia for nostalgia's sake... Geoff or Didio saying "I want my Captain Boomerang back!" and basically making that happen. Just 'cuz.

Good to see Jade. I've said in the past, as soon as Geoff pulled rank and yanked Kyle out of the Ion role, the whole purpose, meaning, and significance to her death went "Poof!"... so yeah, they might as well resurrect her, right?

Extant/Monarch back to life getting a hero's welcome and already talking shit strikes me as odd. Shouldn't he walk, like, straight to the JSA and apologize for killing a bunch of their members? And to Dove, for killing her, too?

Undecided about Max Lord. On the one hand it's good to see a villain like him back in the fold... on the other hand, his resurrection trivializes the outcome/payoff of a couple of big storylines.

Aquaman, most will agree had a nonsense death anyway. Good to see him back in form. Hopefully they'll at least give a nod to the other guy running around calling himself Aquaman (who he was actually kind of mentoring when he was the Sea Dweller).

Hawkman and Hawkgirl, indifferent but bordering on dislike, at least for Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman/whatever. I think they had a good thing with Kendra (when she was alive, that is) and now they've succeeded in making both Hawkman and Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman fairly toxic to try and follow. Congratulations, DC.

If they're really making Firestorm a hybrid with both Firestorms, I guess that's could work out. It's messed up that Jason's girlfriend is still dead. Is that just to make sure Jason is "the brooding half" of Firestorm?

What do you think?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

For the most part I am happy with all that came back. Some I know and some I dont but I cant wait to learn more about them.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

Send a message via MSN to methos Send a message via Skype™ to methos

yeah... overall i'm pretty happy with everyone that came back...

Jade i'm extactic with... J'onn... no surprise there... Aquaman came as a bit of a surprise, as did the Hawks...

Yeah, overall, seeing who came back actually made Blackest Night worthwhile for me

M
Old 04-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Mixed. Glad Aquaman's back(again) and hopeful that they have (good NEW and original) stories to tell with him. I'm kind of excited to see Maxwell Lord back. I don't want him ending up as a knockoff Luthor, but again, I hope they have something in mind as to why he's back. The Hawks, I have never cared for. And that included Hank Hall. Everyone else is just a solid, "I don't care if you live or die."
Old 04-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

I was excited for Jade, J'onn, and Aquaman's return. The only return that I didn't like was Lord's and that's only because of the bad ass way he died.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
unclegnewman
Weaponer of Qward

I am happy to see Aquaman, Jonn, and Jade back without a doubt. I'm somewhat indifferent to the Hawks and Ronnie being back, but Ronnie's relationship with Jason might be interesting. Max Lord had too good a death to be back. I could care less about Hank Hall or Digger, and we already knew about Reverse Flash.

Are the people in the 4 page spread the only ones who were resurrected or is it open ended for others to emerge as "reborn"?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I think its somewhat open ended and they only showed a select few on that spread.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

i just read on another forum that henshaw will be the villain now i dont know if there talking ew or bd

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #9
IndigoMatrix57
Fatality's Blacksmith

I am so glad the Martian Manhunter came back! He is one of my favorite characters!
IndigoMatrix57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #10
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I was happy that J'onn came back, and Aquaman, and the Hawks (though I don't know what to think about Hawkgirl- or is she Hawkwoman, now?- going from Kendra to Shiera. Is she the same person with more memories, or is Kendra just gone?), since they are DC staples, and ones without ready, established replacements in place.

I'm glad that Firestorm is back, (though Jason was never really "gone", just trapped). Should be interesting seeing how that works out now, which I assume will be addressed in BD. Gotta be some hard feelings there that no amount of "that wasn't really ME doing that" will be able to totally erase.

Kind of glad Jade is back, as her death was kind of pointless, but I really don't want a GL-related love triangle developing- yet can't see any way to totally avoid it believably.

Osiris, Captain Boomerang, Maxwell Lord, or Hawk, I couldn't care less. I kind of assume that Lord will play into the JL:Generation Lost series, which may be the bulk of the reason he is back.

Obviously Thawne HAD to come back, for Flash:Rebirth to make any sense, but if it weren't for that, I wouldn't really care about him coming back either.

Deadman just earned a big, "Huh?" from me. What possible point is there in that? I really hope that goes away, since I like the character.

Perhaps I should start a thread about what people thought of certain characters NOT coming back?

I'm kind of hoping that the mention of Ralph and Sue NOT coming back might mean we will see them as the Ghost Detectives that were teased at the end of 52 (then never followed up on to my knowledge).

I'm kind of surprised that Tempest didn't come back. Not that I really care about the character, but I kind of figured that any "major" characters who seemed like they died during BN just to show us that things were "serious" would be back at the end.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #11
unclegnewman
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
I think its somewhat open ended and they only showed a select few on that spread.
So there's still

Old 04-01-2010, 09:51 PM   #12
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclegnewman View Post
So there's still

I second this.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:52 PM   #13
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

That's Laira right?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:55 PM   #14
Mister Ed

Quote:
I dunno. They listed all those folks, too, as the white rings were going out. And I saw exactly 12 rings in the panel where Black Hand was puking them up, AND in the spread where Nekron was getting pasted. I think that might be all.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:55 PM   #15
unclegnewman
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
That's Laira right?
Yes. I'd like to see a GL or two come back.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:03 PM   #16
BLUELCMISHRA
Supreme Dalek Overlord

I would love Bzzd to come back lol
no i'm excited for all who came back especially j'onn
did anyone else find it funny that those who came back all ran to their previous lovers and Jonn gets greated by supes kinda hilarious you ask me

BLUELCMISHRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #17
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL

Bzzd, Cythos, Laira, Jack T Chance, Kehaan - all of them should have come back. Why? Well why not? It's not like their deaths really matter anymore. I'd rather see any of them over Max Lord and Hawk.

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #18
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

It's odd that in what is supposed to be a Green Lantern event, no Green Lanterns came back to life.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #19
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's odd that in what is supposed to be a Green Lantern event, no Green Lanterns came back to life.
True, unless you include "GL-for-a-few-weeks-max" Jade.

Of course, as I have been told on numerous occasions, this wasn't really SUPPOSED to be a GL event, but a DCU event.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #20
Mycroft
unable to translate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_GL View Post
Bzzd, Cythos, Laira, Jack T Chance, Kehaan - all of them should have come back. Why? Well why not? It's not like their deaths really matter anymore. I'd rather see any of them over Max Lord and Hawk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Indeed.

Just a Question.. Maxwell Lord still have some influence over Superman?
Old 04-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #21
FrEaKjOkErXXX
Torch Bearer

Couldn't care less about anyone besides J'onn. They could of brought back many other cooler characters.
FrEaKjOkErXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #22
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe

As long as their is some explanation besides "random distribution" then I don't really care.
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #23
Quaker
Leader of the Resistance

Send a message via Skype™ to Quaker

I wanted Kehaan back.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:12 PM   #24
Prime
Attention Whore

I'm overall pretty satisfied with who came back. Especially Aquaman.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:19 PM   #25
Fearless
Agent Orange

Does this mean we have two Professor Zooms now?...

Anyways, glad to see J'onn and Arthur back. Maxwell Lord and Capt. Boomerang I didn't see coming, mainly because I thought they wouldn't be back. Same goes for Hawk. Jade is cool, I guess. Never really read anything with her, though...

Firestorm could be a cool set-up. Part Ronnie, Part Jason, throw in a little "You killed my girlfriend and I'm having a hard time dealing with that while being a superhero with you", and you could have a readable story.

The Hawks... Well, come on, who didn't see that coming? Honestly.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote