The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Events & Fan Meetups
FLASHCHAT

Old 09-22-2010, 12:35 AM   #51
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Maybe next year I'll be able to attend NYCC.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #52
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmera View Post
I'll have my camera, see who I can take picture of/with. And where do you see about William Shatner being there.
I receive updates from an anime site I've subscribed to and it mentions various comic conventions. It mentioned that just added to the list of celebs will be Shatner and Tricia Helfer in addition to Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck).
Old 09-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #53
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
there are some @$$holes too though. Steve Austin turned down a bunch of fans. He stopped taking pictures and would only sign posters of some dvd movie...
What really reeks is when costumed nobodies big-time you or they blatantly act like they don't want to take a photo with you. If you don't want the attention, don't fucking dress up!.. and if you're in a costume that you have a hard time getting out of, wear a damn diaper (Voltron). That fucker wouldn't stand still so I could take a pic.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:39 AM   #54
Bruce Castle
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
Maybe next year I'll be able to attend NYCC.
Maybe I will too.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #55
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

They really are waiting till the last minute to post this schedule aren't they
Old 09-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #56
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I haven't noticed any buzz on NYCC exclusives either.

BTW, NYCC dates have changed over the years, right? IIRC, it was held in April before, right?
Old 09-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #57
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

yea the date changed. It is later this year because they were able to get whole Javits and they combined it with anime fest
Old 09-24-2010, 10:57 PM   #58
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I see. Is October going to be the permanent month for NYCC? Just wondering so I can plan for next year.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #59
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

found on their T-feed:

Quote:
Dave & Buster's Times Square fan meet up next Thurs. 9/30 6-8 pm. PS can get ticket ahead of time/lines! #nycc #nyaf @TheCultyard
Quote:
@marshmeli Walking Dead was just announced via social networks; to be added to the panels section.
Quote:
AMC to Premiere the first full scenes from “The Walking Dead” #nycc #nyaf
Quote:
TNT's Falling Skies Comes to #nycc: co-exec writer/producer Mark Verheiden, actor Noah Wyle, actress Moon Bloodgood!
Quote:
eSports at #nycc: Intel Extreme Masters V finals http://ht.ly/2JxLT; iRacing finals http://ht.ly/2JxLU; live streaming; http://tv.esl.eu/de/
also, their panels & screenings page is finally up: http://nycc_nyaf10.mapyourshow.com/3...&commit=Search

as well as some exclusives shown here: http://www.vinylpulse.com/

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:54 AM   #60
bulldog10
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

does anyone know how much Ivan Reis charges for a commission
bulldog10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #61
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Green Lantern Related Panels during NEW YORK COMIC CON

Spotlight on Geoff Johns- Friday October 8th.
Time: 2:15 pm - 3:15 pm Location: Room 1A08

Geoff Johns’ storytelling and creativity fueled event blockbusters Blackest Night, the new Brightest Day and the character rebirths of Green Lantern and The Flash. As the Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment, you can expect Geoff to deliver even more thrills and excitement as his focus shifts to bringing the DCU to life outside of the comics starting with the Green Lantern film and many other surprises! Don’t miss this panel hosted by Eddie Berganza, Group Editor, interviewing one of the most exciting talents in comics.

DC Talent Search- Friday October 8th
Time: 2:15 pm - 3:15 pm Location: Room 1E02

Join DC’s Editorial Art Director, Mark Chiarello, for an informative orientation session that will explain how DC’s Talent Search works and discuss the different needs of the DC Universe, Vertigo, WildStorm and Mad Magazine. If you want to learn what DC Comics looks for in artists and how to improve your chances of becoming a working professional, than this is the panel for you! In order to have your work reviewed, attendance at this orientation session is mandatory. (Please note: Not all attendees are guaranteed a one-on-one review.)

DC Comics: 75th Anniversary Books- Friday October 8th
Time: 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm Location: Room 1A24

Let’s celebrate DC’s 75th Anniversary!

Upcoming DC Universe Animated Original Films & Shorts- Friday October 8th
Time: 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm Location: IGN Theater

First Look! Upcoming DC Universe Animated Original Films & Shorts – Be the first to see footage from two high-profile upcoming animated productions: All-Star Superman, the 10th entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original PG-13 Movies, and Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam, the anchoring piece of the DC Showcase Animated Shorts Collection. Executive producer Bruce Timm, writer Michael Jelenic and a few special guests lead a panel discussion and the first exhibition of clips from these two highly anticipated productions. Warner Home Video releases the DC Showcase Animated Shorts Collection on November 9, 2010, and All-Star Superman in Spring 2011.

DC Nation- Friday October 8th
Time: 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Location: Room 1A08

The DC NATION is back at the home front – New York City! We’re always looking for new recruits, so be sure to come on by as Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee and some of the industry’s top talent lead the way to give you the inside scoop to all current and future NATION members!

DC Talent Search Orientation- Saturday October 9th
Time: 10:30 am - 11:30 am Location: Room 1E02

Join DC’s Editorial Art Director, Mark Chiarello, for an informative orientation session that will explain how DC’s Talent Search works and discuss the different needs of the DC Universe, Vertigo, WildStorm and Mad Magazine. If you want to learn what DC Comics looks for in artists and how to improve your chances of becoming a working professional, than this is the panel for you! In order to have your work reviewed, attendance at this orientation session is mandatory. (Please note: Not all attendees are guaranteed a one-on-one review.)

Kirby Krackle Live- Saturday October 9th
Time: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm Location: Variant Stage

Join Seattle-based nerd rock band duo KIRBY KRACKLE (Jim Demonakos and Kyle Stevens) for a VH1 Storytellers-style panel. The band, whose self-titled debut album was named One of the best albums of 2009 by Tuscon Weekly, while their new album, E For Everyone, was called Geek Rock Perfection by Wired, will be doing live songs, discussing music and their approach to it, and much more! Every attendee to the panel also receives a high-five absolutely free!

DC Universe- Saturday October 9th
Time: 12:15 pm - 1:15 pm Location: Room 1A08

Ian Sattler, Senior Story Editor, and your favorite writers and artists are here for the main event: The DC Universe! What lies ahead for your favorite heroes and series? Got a question for your favorite DCU creator? Come on by! There’s no greater gathering of top-tier creative talent!

Gold/Silver Age Living Legends Panel- Saturday October 9th
Time: 1:15 pm - 2:15 pm Location: Room 1A14

Today’s comics are built on the shoulders of giants, many of whom we are lucky enough to not only still have among us, but who are also still producing quality work. This year’s Golden/Silver Age panel features AL JAFFEE (Mad magazine; Al Jaffee's Mad Life), JERRY ROBINSON (Batman; Jerry Robinson: The Ambassador of Comics), JOHN ROMITA (Spider-Man; Captain America), IRWIN HASEN (Justice Society; LoverBoy) and RAMONA FRADON (Aquaman; Brenda Starr). Rounding out the panel are PAUL LEVITZ (longtime DC President and Publisher; Legion of Super-Heroes) and moderator DANNY FINGEROTH (DarkHawk; The Stan Lee Universe), who grew up reading Golden and Silver Age comics. And be prepared for a surprise appearance or two by comics giants of yesterday and today.

Jim Lee and ICONS: The DC Comics and Wildstorm Art of Jim Lee- Saturday October 9th
Time: 2:45 pm - 3:45 pm Location: Room 1A08

Meet Jim Lee, one of the most popular and successful artists today in modern comics and now co-publisher of DC Comics. Jim’s amazing new book; ICONS is available as an exclusive limited edition on Titan Book’s Booth # 2322. Jim will discuss the creation of the book and his impact on the DC Comics universe. From roughs and storyboards to pencils and finished color art, ICONS showcases every stage of Jim Lee’s creative process. ICONS includes an exclusive, original Legion of Super-Heroes story written by Paul Levitz and illustrated by Jim Lee. Jim will also be signing ICONS, time and location TBD.

Advance Screening! Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics- Saturday October 9th
Time: 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm Location: Room 1E02

Behind the amazing tales of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman is the equally impressive story of the challenges, creativity and triumphs of the company that brought those characters to life. Join Warner Home Video and DC Entertainment for a pre-release screening of the all-new documentary, Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics, a compelling insider’s tale and a 75th anniversary celebration filled with interviews, archival footage and a dazzling parade of riveting, splashy DC covers. Secret Origin is narrated by Ryan Reynolds, and will be distributed by Warner Home Video on November 9, 2010.

DCUO “Creating the Next Legend”-Saturday October 9th
Time: 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Location: Room 1A21

Featuring Jim Lee and Marv Wolfman along with key members of the DCUO development team. The panel will explore how DCUO opens a doorway into the DCU and allows players to step through that virtual portal and build their own legend in the DC Universe.

Green Lantern: Emerald Empire- Saturday October 9th
Time: 5:15 pm - 6:15 pm Location: Room 1A08

No evil shall escape this panel’s sight as the top creative teams on the Green Lantern books drop hints on upcoming stories and take on your questions! Led by Group Editor Eddie Berganza with Geoff Johns (Green Lantern, The Flash), Tony Bedard (Green Lantern Corps), Rodolfo Migliari (Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors), Joe Prado (Brightest Day), Ivan Reis (Brightest Day) and Peter J. Tomasi (Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors).

DC Nation: Town Hall Meeting - Sunday October 10th
Time: 10:45 am - 11:45 am Location: Room 1A06

All are welcome to join DC Co-Publishers Dan DiDio & Jim Lee for a relaxed Sunday afternoon discussion. Share your thoughts on what you love about comics now and what you hope to see in the future. This panel is often imitated by others but rarely duplicated!

Artist Showcase: Drawing DC- Sunday October 10th
Time: 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm Location: Room 1A06

Superstar artists Jim Lee (Dark Knight: The Boy Wonder), Tony Daniel (Batman), Dustin Nguyen (Batgirl) share their secrets of drawing the DC Universe with a special projector designed so you can see their every master stroke. Check out this unique presentation that will surely draw ‘oohs’ and ‘ahhs’ amongst the gathered mass!

DC Digital- Sunday October 10th
Time: 3:45 pm - 4:45 pm Location: Room 1A14

DC is making a big splash into the digital arena with downloadable content available on the iPod, iPad and PSP through our partners at Comixology and SONY. Come by to see what’s planned next for this fledgling initiative! Hosted by Vice President & General Manager Hank Kanalz with DC Co-Publisher Jim Lee.

Last edited by W.West; 09-28-2010 at 05:13 PM.
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #62
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Are you going, West?
Old 09-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #63
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

I am not. Maybe next year. This year I attend through you all.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #64
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
Are you going, West?
Are you going, Sylent?
Old 09-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #65
GL13
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

is anyone doing a meetup @ the con?

Just saw this:

Green Lantern: Emerald Empire
Add to My Sessions
Date: Saturday, October 9

Time: 5:15 pm - 6:15 pm

Speaker: TBA

Track: NYCC/NYAF Panels

Description: No evil shall escape this panel’s sight as the top creative teams on the Green Lantern books drop hints on upcoming stories and take on your questions! Led by Group Editor Eddie Berganza with Geoff Johns (Green Lantern, The Flash), Tony Bedard (Green Lantern Corps), Rodolfo Migliari (Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors), Joe Prado (Brightest Day), Ivan Reis (Brightest Day) and Peter J. Tomasi (Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors).

Then again West I knew you would post this aswell just saw that too!

Last edited by GL13; 09-28-2010 at 07:31 PM.
GL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:32 PM   #66
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I will most likely be hitting that up. It may be similar to the one from SDCC though
Old 09-28-2010, 07:34 PM   #67
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

Quote:
This year I attend through you all.
That's what she said
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #68
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongreen2814 View Post
That's what she said
She a slut.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:17 AM   #69
Godmera
Champion of the World

Send a message via AIM to Godmera Send a message via Yahoo to Godmera

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL13 View Post
is anyone doing a meetup @ the con?

Just saw this:

Green Lantern: Emerald Empire
Add to My Sessions
Date: Saturday, October 9

Time: 5:15 pm - 6:15 pm

Speaker: TBA

Track: NYCC/NYAF Panels

Description: No evil shall escape this panelís sight as the top creative teams on the Green Lantern books drop hints on upcoming stories and take on your questions! Led by Group Editor Eddie Berganza with Geoff Johns (Green Lantern, The Flash), Tony Bedard (Green Lantern Corps), Rodolfo Migliari (Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors), Joe Prado (Brightest Day), Ivan Reis (Brightest Day) and Peter J. Tomasi (Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors).

Then again West I knew you would post this aswell just saw that too!
That's where I'll be.
Godmera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:02 AM   #70
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
She a slut.
Will she be attending NYCC?
Old 09-29-2010, 07:12 AM   #71
Bruce Castle
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Are you going, Sylent?
Quote:
???
Old 09-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #72
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Are you going, Sylent?
I'll be taking my talents to South Beach... err the Big Apple.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #73
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Cool. Nice press conference and great way to stick to Cleveland.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:22 PM   #74
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Castle View Post
???
That's what she said.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #75
W.West

Quote:
Green Lantern Related Panels during NEW YORK COMIC CON

Spotlight on Geoff Johns- Friday October 8th.
Time: 2:15 pm - 3:15 pm Location: Room 1A08

Geoff Johns’ storytelling and creativity fueled event blockbusters Blackest Night, the new Brightest Day and the character rebirths of Green Lantern and The Flash. As the Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment, you can expect Geoff to deliver even more thrills and excitement as his focus shifts to bringing the DCU to life outside of the comics starting with the Green Lantern film and many other surprises! Don’t miss this panel hosted by Eddie Berganza, Group Editor, interviewing one of the most exciting talents in comics.

DC Talent Search- Friday October 8th
Time: 2:15 pm - 3:15 pm Location: Room 1E02

DC Comics: 75th Anniversary Books- Friday October 8th
Time: 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm Location: Room 1A24

Let’s celebrate DC’s 75th Anniversary!

Upcoming DC Universe Animated Original Films & Shorts- Friday October 8th
Time: 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm Location: IGN Theater

First Look! Upcoming DC Universe Animated Original Films & Shorts – Be the first to see footage from two high-profile upcoming animated productions: All-Star Superman, the 10th entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original PG-13 Movies, and Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam, the anchoring piece of the DC Showcase Animated Shorts Collection. Executive producer Bruce Timm, writer Michael Jelenic and a few special guests lead a panel discussion and the first exhibition of clips from these two highly anticipated productions. Warner Home Video releases the DC Showcase Animated Shorts Collection on November 9, 2010, and All-Star Superman in Spring 2011.

DC Nation- Friday October 8th
Time: 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Location: Room 1A08

The DC NATION is back at the home front – New York City! We’re always looking for new recruits, so be sure to come on by as Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee and some of the industry’s top talent lead the way to give you the inside scoop to all current and future NATION members!

DC Talent Search Orientation- Saturday October 9th
Time: 10:30 am - 11:30 am Location: Room 1E02

Kirby Krackle Live- Saturday October 9th
Time: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm Location: Variant Stage

Join Seattle-based nerd rock band duo KIRBY KRACKLE (Jim Demonakos and Kyle Stevens) for a VH1 Storytellers-style panel. The band, whose self-titled debut album was named One of the best albums of 2009 by Tuscon Weekly, while their new album, E For Everyone, was called Geek Rock Perfection by Wired, will be doing live songs, discussing music and their approach to it, and much more! Every attendee to the panel also receives a high-five absolutely free!

DC Universe- Saturday October 9th
Time: 12:15 pm - 1:15 pm Location: Room 1A08

Ian Sattler, Senior Story Editor, and your favorite writers and artists are here for the main event: The DC Universe! What lies ahead for your favorite heroes and series? Got a question for your favorite DCU creator? Come on by! There’s no greater gathering of top-tier creative talent!

Gold/Silver Age Living Legends Panel- Saturday October 9th
Time: 1:15 pm - 2:15 pm Location: Room 1A14

Today’s comics are built on the shoulders of giants, many of whom we are lucky enough to not only still have among us, but who are also still producing quality work. This year’s Golden/Silver Age panel features AL JAFFEE (Mad magazine; Al Jaffee's Mad Life), JERRY ROBINSON (Batman; Jerry Robinson: The Ambassador of Comics), JOHN ROMITA (Spider-Man; Captain America), IRWIN HASEN (Justice Society; LoverBoy) and RAMONA FRADON (Aquaman; Brenda Starr). Rounding out the panel are PAUL LEVITZ (longtime DC President and Publisher; Legion of Super-Heroes) and moderator DANNY FINGEROTH (DarkHawk; The Stan Lee Universe), who grew up reading Golden and Silver Age comics. And be prepared for a surprise appearance or two by comics giants of yesterday and today.

Jim Lee and ICONS: The DC Comics and Wildstorm Art of Jim Lee- Saturday October 9th
Time: 2:45 pm - 3:45 pm Location: Room 1A08

Meet Jim Lee, one of the most popular and successful artists today in modern comics and now co-publisher of DC Comics. Jim’s amazing new book; ICONS is available as an exclusive limited edition on Titan Book’s Booth # 2322. Jim will discuss the creation of the book and his impact on the DC Comics universe. From roughs and storyboards to pencils and finished color art, ICONS showcases every stage of Jim Lee’s creative process. ICONS includes an exclusive, original Legion of Super-Heroes story written by Paul Levitz and illustrated by Jim Lee. Jim will also be signing ICONS, time and location TBD.

Advance Screening! Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics- Saturday October 9th
Time: 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm Location: Room 1E02

Behind the amazing tales of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman is the equally impressive story of the challenges, creativity and triumphs of the company that brought those characters to life. Join Warner Home Video and DC Entertainment for a pre-release screening of the all-new documentary, Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics, a compelling insider’s tale and a 75th anniversary celebration filled with interviews, archival footage and a dazzling parade of riveting, splashy DC covers. Secret Origin is narrated by Ryan Reynolds, and will be distributed by Warner Home Video on November 9, 2010.

DCUO “Creating the Next Legend”-Saturday October 9th
Time: 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Location: Room 1A21

Featuring Jim Lee and Marv Wolfman along with key members of the DCUO development team. The panel will explore how DCUO opens a doorway into the DCU and allows players to step through that virtual portal and build their own legend in the DC Universe.

Green Lantern: Emerald Empire- Saturday October 9th
Time: 5:15 pm - 6:15 pm Location: Room 1A08

No evil shall escape this panel’s sight as the top creative teams on the Green Lantern books drop hints on upcoming stories and take on your questions! Led by Group Editor Eddie Berganza with Geoff Johns (Green Lantern, The Flash), Tony Bedard (Green Lantern Corps), Rodolfo Migliari (Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors), Joe Prado (Brightest Day), Ivan Reis (Brightest Day) and Peter J. Tomasi (Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors).

DC Nation: Town Hall Meeting - Sunday October 10th
Time: 10:45 am - 11:45 am Location: Room 1A06

All are welcome to join DC Co-Publishers Dan DiDio & Jim Lee for a relaxed Sunday afternoon discussion. Share your thoughts on what you love about comics now and what you hope to see in the future. This panel is often imitated by others but rarely duplicated!

Artist Showcase: Drawing DC- Sunday October 10th
Time: 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm Location: Room 1A06

Superstar artists Jim Lee (Dark Knight: The Boy Wonder), Tony Daniel (Batman), Dustin Nguyen (Batgirl) share their secrets of drawing the DC Universe with a special projector designed so you can see their every master stroke. Check out this unique presentation that will surely draw ‘oohs’ and ‘ahhs’ amongst the gathered mass!

DC Digital- Sunday October 10th
Time: 3:45 pm - 4:45 pm Location: Room 1A14

DC is making a big splash into the digital arena with downloadable content available on the iPod, iPad and PSP through our partners at Comixology and SONY. Come by to see what’s planned next for this fledgling initiative! Hosted by Vice President & General Manager Hank Kanalz with DC Co-Publisher Jim Lee.
Green Lantern: The Animated Series at NYCC!!!

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9

* 2:30–3:30 p.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series Presentation/Q&A — Saturday will be NYCC’s “brightest day” as Warner Bros. Animation proudly unveils this new series coming soon to Cartoon Network and based upon characters from DC Comics. Join series executive producer Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series), producer Giancarlo Volpe (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and producer/story editor Jim Krieg (Ben 10: Alien Swarm) as these creative forces reveal their plans for one of the most highly anticipated new animated series. Room 1A14

* 3:45–4:45 p.m. Young Justice Video Presentation and Q&A — Join the league! Fans were given their first glimpse of Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis this past July at Comic-Con International: San Diego. But this panel will offer far more than just a glimpse, as producers Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles) answer questions from fans and show footage from this highly anticipated series. A one-hour special event of Young Justice will premiere in November 2010 on Cartoon Network, and the series begins in 2011. Young Justice is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and is based upon characters from DC Comics. Room 1A14

* 4:00–5:00 p.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series Signing at the DC Comics Booth #2243