The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 06-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #11551
TheGoatLantern
Beta-Lantern

You forgot 300 opened in the same year as Ghost Rider

She blinded me with SCIENCE!
TheGoatLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #11552
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

nah, it's there. It's just hard to notice it cause it's sandwiched between two other numbers. Plus, I didn't include every single comic book movie released. Plus, I left off Kick Ass as one of the movie included on the list. Since we aren't 100% sure we're getting a series made out of it.

It made $70 million in its opening weekend.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Last edited by JohnnyV; 06-20-2011 at 09:03 PM.
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #11553
lanternjv37
Green Lantern Initiate

lol the music reminded me of spiderman 3's by the way!! but if they got the background scores correct...it honestly wouldve given us a better perception of whats going on in the scene, i dont know if anyone gets me on that page?
Old 06-21-2011, 12:42 AM   #11554
twoeightonefour
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
So I hear Mark Millar said this was the worst comic book movie ever.
He did...then said he'd see it again....

Quote:
ďI hereby declare Green Lantern the worst superhero movie ever made. And yes I count The Phantom and The Shadow as superhero movies.

Green Lantern was the cheapest-looking 300 million dollar movie Iíve ever seen. Why didnít they give that money (to) Africa?

It had a couple of good moments, all coming from Mark Strong. But oh man.

It was just such an ODD movie. Like it travelled here from a parallel universe where they made a Green Lantern movie in 1995.

But it was only eight quid and thus worth it. And I know Iíll go and see it again Ē
It's a weird quote and people are definitely latching on to the first part of the statement.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:45 AM   #11555
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Hahah yea i heard about that part too.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:35 AM   #11556
Lantern54
Corps Honor Guard

Guy's, check out this fan review of the film. It's really well written and he brings up some good points.
http://www.movies.com/movie-news/gre...&wssaffid=news

Green since 1974!
Lantern54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:37 AM   #11557
Black Lantern Superman
Guy's Drinking Buddy

heres an article i completely agree with!

SIX THINGS THAT WENT WRONG WITH GREEN LANTERN
http://movies.ign.com/articles/117/1177005p1.html
Black Lantern Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:54 AM   #11558
Colonel Xonic
The Butcher

Send a message via Skype™ to Colonel Xonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lantern Superman View Post

I can agree with that. We gotta admit it's nice to see GL on the big screen though. It was an alright movie though... as a movie.
Colonel Xonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:57 AM   #11559
JerzeyJ
Fatality's Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lantern Superman View Post

I agree with that article 100%. It is the concept of the movie that is flawed. This movie has killed WB's hope of future comic book movies, excluding Batman. We will have to wait and see about Superman. The Flash...dead, Wonder Woman...dead. Justice League...God I hope it is dead. As far as a sequel? Sure, I'd love one, but who the hell would fork over another $200 million for it knowing it would do less that this one?

This movie was a huge disappointment, especially knowing the potential it had. Jeez, First Flight was better.
JerzeyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:00 AM   #11560
lanternjv37
Green Lantern Initiate

i think ppl forget that films are supposed to be meant for having fun...ppl need to stop the negative rant, we did well, this movie did a good job for its first appearance!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:18 AM   #11561
Black Lantern Superman
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyJ View Post
I agree with that article 100%. It is the concept of the movie that is flawed. This movie has killed WB's hope of future comic book movies, excluding Batman. We will have to wait and see about Superman. The Flash...dead, Wonder Woman...dead. Justice League...God I hope it is dead. As far as a sequel? Sure, I'd love one, but who the hell would fork over another $200 million for it knowing it would do less that this one?

This movie was a huge disappointment, especially knowing the potential it had. Jeez, First Flight was better.
agreed!

first flight was better, and i thought that coulda have been SO much better too...
Black Lantern Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:26 AM   #11562
lanternjv37
Green Lantern Initiate

i really hope we get a sequel... i mean come on, fantastic four had another shot at the title!!!

im happy with this film and i hope they keep going with who and what theyve got instead of scrapping it and thinking about rebooting it. This isnt a perfect world so we wont get the perfect movie out of it. the pace and consolidation of first flight was really good and organized. You can tell that story progressed and transitioned very easy from idea to idea unlike the movie where we felt we went 0-60 in like less than 10 seconds fast and the furious style lol

besides the background music, thats one problem i had, they only dipped their feet in the water with some things but i wanted them to dive in it, like what martin jordan meant to hal and what happened to them and how he is defined by it or the training with the corps...thats where i think they shouldve went emerald dawn and left the corps for the sequel
Old 06-21-2011, 03:46 AM   #11563
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern54 View Post
Guy's, check out this fan review of the film. It's really well written and he brings up some good points.
http://www.movies.com/movie-news/gre...&wssaffid=news
I'm surprise this guy gave the film a positive review when he notes the following:

Quote:
If anything, Iím displeased that Hal Jordanís arc lacked the proper anchor in the death of his father Martin. One of the best parts of the current comics is Halís belief that he lost his ability to feel fear when his father died, because ďonce youíve seen your greatest fear brought to life, itís easy not to be afraid of anything else.Ē I was hoping that there would be more weight given to Halís turmoil because of his fatherís death, and thatís definitely a shortcoming of the story.
I definitely agree that is one of the shortcomings of the story. The guy further notes:

Quote:
Unfortunately, one of the things I was looking most forward to wasnít nearly as much of a focus as I would have preferred, namely the relationship between Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corpsí greatest destined enemy, Sinestro... necessary component in the Hal/Sinestro relationship is the in-depth history between the two, which this film did very little to lay the foundation for.

While at this point it doesnít seem very likely, if a sequel is made that explores Sinestroís famed fall from grace (hinted at in the final moment of the film after a batch of credits), then there will be very little to base the Hal/Sinestro rivalry upon.

...it will have neither the weight nor the resonance of the more celebrated recent stories detailing what their dynamic is like as friends, which serves their dynamic greatly as foes.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:57 AM   #11564
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanternjv37 View Post
i think ppl forget that films are supposed to be meant for having fun...ppl need to stop the negative rant, we did well, this movie did a good job for its first appearance!

i still believe they rushed this film in order to make the opening.

film is fun no doubt but it did have alot of flaws and as a fan i admitt it.

at least i can hold my head up and say it was alot better than spider man 3 and both ff films and many others.

i remember seeing a review on youtube where the guy said alot of people are still getting over the disaster wich was jonha hex... he did make a excellent point on that.

alot of people say gl resemmbled iron man wich imo NO IT DIDNT..

tbh i dont know where i can compare this film to

i think alot of people both comic fans and non comic fans have a buried thought that makes them scared of how a future film can do.

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #11565
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I felt Green Lantern resembled more Batman Begins than Iron Man. I mean, death of parents; leaving home to train; mentor is adversarial; villains that use fear. Green Lantern had all the same ingredients as Batman Begin but it just couldn't make the same satsifying meal, as it lacked the flavor of it's source material and had an under cooked plot and screenplay.

Last edited by Darth_Primus; 06-21-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #11566
Tons T
Alpha-Lantern

screenplay, script, and the director failed to deliver.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #11567
ReZourceman
Kyle's Nude Model

Geez. This movie was no way near as bad as a lot of people are making out.

I think some people need to go and watch Catwoman or even Superman Returns again.

At least this movie actually had scope, action, cool fights, humour and was exciting.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #11568
Tons T
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZourceman View Post
Geez. This movie was no way near as bad as a lot of people are making out.

I think some people need to go and watch Catwoman or even Superman Returns again.

At least this movie actually had scope, action, cool fights, humour and was exciting.
It had everything, i agree with that, but the way the story and some plot elements are being focused on is not really that great. It really had the potential with all the great elements the GL movie has, but it just didnt deliver

and i loved Superman returns thought it lacked action, and EXCEPT the superman's son element, which destroyed the movie imo
Old 06-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #11569
ReZourceman
Kyle's Nude Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tons T View Post
It had everything, i agree with that, but the way the story and some plot elements are being focused on is not really that great. It really had the potential with all the great elements the GL movie has, but it just didnt deliver

and i loved Superman returns thought it lacked action, and EXCEPT the superman's son element, which destroyed the movie imo
Oh for sure. I'm not saying it didn't have its flaws, because it absolutely did. But people calling it a bad movie is harsh.

--------

For the record I absolutely detest Superman Returns. A genuine piece of crap IMHO.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #11570
Tommy Boy
Hal's Understudy

But you don't understand.

Peeping Tom = Cinematic GENIUS
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #11571
vitieddie

is there any reaction from g johns or dc execs? been searching the net but nothing so far ... it would be nice to have a "everything will be alright ... sequel is underway" from johns
Old 06-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #11572
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

They wont come out and say "hey we fucked up". If there is any thing from anyone it will all be blowing smoke up our ass stuff.

Like the "Number 1" trailer they put out.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #11573
Lantern54
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitieddie View Post
is there any reaction from g johns or dc execs? been searching the net but nothing so far ... it would be nice to have a "everything will be alright ... sequel is underway" from johns
Johns has been dead silent about this movie on twitter for the longest time.

Green since 1974!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #11574
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

His ego outshines his writing, and this movie proves it.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #11575
Lantern54
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
His ego outshines his writing, and this movie proves it.
Come to think of it, I don't recall hearing much from him at all about this movie.

Green since 1974!

Tags
movie